Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's attendance

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
FFS - only 4700 - what's going on.

We all know we've been poor at home this season, but I for one was really optimistic we would do well tonight, and we should have won but for some good goalkeeping from their keeper. But 4700 is easily 1000 less than I thought it would be.

We played pretty well tonight but you could have heard a pin drop in the south stand tonight. We need to all get behind the guys for the Norwich game - I just hope a few more will turn up, otherwise what are we building Falmer for?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All about end product which is sh1te when we play at home, hardly surprising.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two games in a week, both costing £25. People are going to chose aren't they. And the Norwich game is more attractive.

I sit with the three other season tickets. One said it was too cold to bother and another has gone on holiday during the football season which he would never have done before. People are bored and fed up with Withdean and the average football.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Norwich will obviously be more popular, much bigger team, away end will sell out, day time so family stand will be much more full, not a 7-1 loss earlier in the season, a team that i think will get automatic this season and people might finally be picking up on the fact our overall form right now isnt 'that' bad

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
£24.50.

I've said it a million times, and so has everyone else.
It's a f***ing disgrace.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Hardly suprising is it???

We're pony at home
its freezing
the ground is a disgrace
never any atmosphere
2 home games in 4 days
1 home goal in 4 months
the ground is a shit hole
no roof
£25 to get in - joke!!!
the ground is a shit hole

i'd say its a decent turnout and i salute all that made it :)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
£24.50.

It's a f***ing disgrace.

What do you expect the club to do? There are plenty of teams in this league selling tickets for the same amount of money without the travel included, we HAVE to sell at there or there abouts so i dont see what bitching about it will do.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What do you expect the club to do? There are plenty of teams in this league selling tickets for the same amount of money without the travel included, we HAVE to sell at there or there abouts so i dont see what bitching about it will do.

Don't say that, there are too many facts in this post. Just to back this up virtually every team charges £20 to get in, we get free travel on top (which is a stipulation of the planning permission for Withdean).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Why do we HAVE to sell at there or there abouts?

We have the opportunity to price 3 games a season at £10 per ticket - we don't, despite trying it previously and selling the ground out, leading to increased merchandines/food/programme sales.

Bloom can afford to spend £90 million on Falmer and knows that he realistically won't get his money back.

Bloom can afford to spunk money on shit like Dickinson.

Can't see why he can't afford to cut the prices at Withdean, get more fans in and have the ground full, and have a better atmosphere as a result to help improve results. It's not exactly going to cost him millions of pounds is it. How many people actually pay £24 on a match to match basis?

The rip off tickets have previously been justified because revenue is needed to keep the club afloat. That's not the case any more.

Obviously Bloom sees differently, for some reason.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£24 South Stand Centre. :thumbsup:

Ultimately, it's too expensive. The team isn't very good, the ground isn't very good, we're paying £3 for a programme worth half that, the food is crap, it's out in the sticks for most people, it's bloody cold and Poyet keeps dicking about with the team.

What a suprise we don't attract many fans at the moment. People don't support a losing team, they just don't. It's a shame, but it is reality. Credit to those of us who turned up tonight, it was a truly thankless task.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
£24 South Stand Centre. :thumbsup:

Ultimately, it's too expensive. The team isn't very good, the ground isn't very good, we're paying £3 for a programme worth half that, the food is crap, it's out in the sticks for most people, it's bloody cold and Poyet keeps dicking about with the team.

What a suprise we don't attract many fans at the moment. People don't support a losing team, they just don't. It's a shame, but it is reality. Credit to those of us who turned up tonight, it was a truly thankless task.

Spot on. If we were WINNING games and in the top say 7/8 easily be an extra couple of thousand tonite.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
50 smackers for 2 games is a lot of dosh, so you cant blame folks for staying at home, but i am sure it will be different on Saturday.
I cant wait. (o)(o)

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
out of what, 15 games so far at the withdean, a 0-0 draw with huddersfield is considered the 3rd best result at home. disgrace

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Take a leaf out of Mansfields book. Full ground, more atmosphere, more chance of winning........more chance of staying up!
I'm not a STH (obviously, not neing home half the year) but a full house & better atmosphere would be better than sitting in a library atmosphere. I wouldn't give a shit that some of the people had paid a fraction to watch the game. Get bums on seats, get the kids in, bring back the fans....& f***ing survive this God-awful season!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think the 4,700 that turned up need to be applauded for turning up in the face of:

1)a cold winters night
2)a game sandwiched between a decent away trip and a 'glamour' home game
3)Two home wins all season.
4)Eight home wins in the last 38 league games
5)The shittest ground in the football league(which has had to be endured for ten-TEN-years) with no roof to protect you from the elements or to help create atmosphere and numerous crap rickety stands all set apart from the pitch and each other.
6)One goal at home since october and only eleven at withdean all season.
7)Some kind of ridiculous fall out with our top scorer that sees him dropped completely from the squad, thus reducing our already very poor goalscoring prospects even further.
8)The cost
9)Were traipsing around the arse end of the third division, in and out of the relegation zone, for the second season.
10)We've been shit at home for years. We've won only 36 of our last 130 league games there. And twelve of those came in the 2007/08 season.
11)Apart from a few years at the turn of the century it's been a pretty miserable task supporting the albion over the past twenty years. More relegations than promotions, more relegation dogfights than charges for promotion, winding up orders faced, all our best players sold, Archer, Bellotti, Stanley, the sale of the Goldstone, two years in gillingham, two consecutive years as the 91st team in the football league, ten years of a ramshackle converted shithole of an athletics stadium.

So, in the light of all those negative factors which would point to the soul destroying nature of going to withdean to watch a losing third tier football team, those that did turn up deserve to be applauded(or committed...).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Take a leaf out of Mansfields book. Full ground, more atmosphere, more chance of winning........more chance of staying up!
I'm not a STH (obviously, not neing home half the year) but a full house & better atmosphere would be better than sitting in a library atmosphere. I wouldn't give a shit that some of the people had paid a fraction to watch the game. Get bums on seats, get the kids in, bring back the fans....& f***ing survive this God-awful season!

Yeah, if it's possible this is exactly what the club should do. Try and change/recharge the atmosphere surrounding the withdean matchday 'experience'. If that involves 1-2,000 screeching kids with clackersticks then so be it. Fill the ground, create some noise and hope the players respond.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I think the 4,700 that turned up need to be applauded for turning up in the face of:

1)a cold winters night
2)a game sandwiched between a decent away trip and a 'glamour' home game
3)Two home wins all season.
4)Eight home wins in the last 38 league games
5)The shittest ground in the football league(which has had to be endured for ten-TEN-years) with no roof to protect you from the elements or to help create atmosphere and numerous crap rickety stands all set apart from the pitch and each other.
6)One goal at home since october and only eleven at withdean all season.
7)Some kind of ridiculous fall out with our top scorer that sees him dropped completely from the squad, thus reducing our already very poor goalscoring prospects even further.
8)The cost
9)Were traipsing around the arse end of the third division, in and out of the relegation zone, for the second season.
10)We've been shit at home for years. We've won only 36 of our last 130 league games there. And twelve of those came in the 2007/08 season.
11)Apart from a few years at the turn of the century it's been a pretty miserable task supporting the albion over the past twenty years. More relegations than promotions, more relegation dogfights than charges for promotion, winding up orders faced, all our best players sold, Archer, Bellotti, Stanley, the sale of the Goldstone, two years in gillingham, two consecutive years as the 91st team in the football league, ten years of a ramshackle converted shithole of an athletics stadium.

So, in the light of all those negative factors which would point to the soul destroying nature of going to withdean to watch a losing third tier football team, those that did turn up deserve to be applauded(or committed...).

I'm a STH so the club have already got my money, I really couldn't be arsed to go last night, the above post sums up my reasons why exactly. Unless things change on the pitch pretty soon there is no way I will be re-newing my ST for our final season at Withdump.
Pissed off, seriously pissed off!

:rant:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
£24.50.

It's a f***ing disgrace.
I totally agree. But on the other hand you've got people saying they don't want to see clubs like Portsmouth and Palace (especially Palace as we'd lose our rivals) go bust. Yet those clubs are in those perilous financial positions because they spent money they didn't have on vastly inflated salaries for average players. This didn't happen in isolation, other clubs, including us, had to offer inflated salaries to average players in order to complete, and where possible this cost has been passed on to the customers. How much is Forster on? I've seen figures banded around from £2000 to £8000 a week, either of those is way too much for a journeyman lower-league player but is the result of wage inflation driven by clubs trying to 'live the dream' All of which explains why you paid £25 to sit on a hard plastic seat in the freezing open air watching third-rate football, whereas the other day I paid £7.50 to sit in a warm comfy seat in the Duke of York cinema.

In order for sanity to return to the game we need clubs like Palace and Portsmouth to go bust and be forced to start again like Aldershot. None of this 'smoke and mirrors' nonsense where you lose a few points, maybe get relegated (what a punishment!) and then pretty much start off again where you were before.

There, I've said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here