Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's attendance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the 4,700 that turned up need to be applauded for turning up in the face of:

1)a cold winters night
2)a game sandwiched between a decent away trip and a 'glamour' home game
3)Two home wins all season.
4)Eight home wins in the last 38 league games
5)The shittest ground in the football league(which has had to be endured for ten-TEN-years) with no roof to protect you from the elements or to help create atmosphere and numerous crap rickety stands all set apart from the pitch and each other.
6)One goal at home since october and only eleven at withdean all season.
7)Some kind of ridiculous fall out with our top scorer that sees him dropped completely from the squad, thus reducing our already very poor goalscoring prospects even further.
8)The cost
9)Were traipsing around the arse end of the third division, in and out of the relegation zone, for the second season.
10)We've been shit at home for years. We've won only 36 of our last 130 league games there. And twelve of those came in the 2007/08 season.
11)Apart from a few years at the turn of the century it's been a pretty miserable task supporting the albion over the past twenty years. More relegations than promotions, more relegation dogfights than charges for promotion, winding up orders faced, all our best players sold, Archer, Bellotti, Stanley, the sale of the Goldstone, two years in gillingham, two consecutive years as the 91st team in the football league, ten years of a ramshackle converted shithole of an athletics stadium.

So, in the light of all those negative factors which would point to the soul destroying nature of going to withdean to watch a losing third tier football team, those that did turn up deserve to be applauded(or committed...).
Spot on. I applaud the 4,500 who could be arsed. :clap:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Like it or not, the people who run the club have a great deal more business sense and nouse than a lot of who post on here. There MUST be a reason why the prices stay that high and that reason, in my opinion, is purely financial.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I have simply been priced out - no pay rise for 3 years, cost of living keeps going up, a mortgage to pay, football goes out of the window - went to withdean twice last year and only been to Griffin Park this year, it just simple economics for me, not the clubs fault.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I enjoyed the game, we're out of the drop zone, what gives? :shrug:

I'm missing Norwich because I have family duties I can't put off any longer on Saturday, which is a shame because we should fear no-one in this league now. Look at our defensive display last night apart from FDM (David James on smack) in goal and compare it to Slade's comedy show early season.

We'll get something at Leeds too :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Blame these guys for selling out the Brighton Centre

jls.jpg

I agree with most of the posters.

However, primarily it is about winning or in our case not!

We live in one of the most prosperous areas in the country, however if the punters are not getting value for money (and we are not) then people will not pay.

I have mentioned on other threats the Darlington situation.

A new ground, bigger than Falmer, holding 25,000.

However, money was not invested in their team & the club look like slipping out of the league.

If serious money is not invested in our team then we could very easily be a Darlo.

How many of our players are good enough to compete for promotion to the championship, seriously?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hardly suprising is it???

We're pony at home
its freezing
the ground is a disgrace
never any atmosphere
2 home games in 4 days
1 home goal in 4 months
the ground is a shit hole
no roof
£25 to get in - joke!!!
the ground is a shit hole

i'd say its a decent turnout and i salute all that made it :)
Spot on and im surprised we got that last night:)1 home goal in 4 months:lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I agree with most of the posters.

However, primarily it is about winning or in our case not!

We live in one of the most prosperous areas in the country, however if the punters are not getting value for money (and we are not) then people will not pay.

I have mentioned on other threats the Darlington situation.

A new ground, bigger than Falmer, holding 25,000.

However, money was not invested in their team & the club look like slipping out of the league.

If serious money is not invested in our team then we could very easily be a Darlo.

How many of our players are good enough to compete for promotion to the championship, seriously?
No way as darlo never had the fan base and are far far smaller:)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally don't think the big issue with the attendance is the price, if the team were challenging for promotion and winning games the crowd would be there but as it is crap home form + mid week game + freezing night do not add up to a huge crowd.

May 22, 2008
Personally don't think the big issue with the attendance is the price, if the team were challenging for promotion and winning games the crowd would be there but as it is crap home form + mid week game + freezing night do not add up to a huge crowd.

Kinda think your right i would pay the money if we were close to a playoff place. but whitdead in the cold no way.

its ok for you STEVE FOSTER posting on NSC in the Sun !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Is really the only answer. The cold, the facilities and the price would sink into insignificance if the team were playing well and winning.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Apart from being subjective nonsense, how could dropping/resting/tactically leaving out Murray from the starting line-up possibly have effected anyones decision to buy a ticket for this game?
fair point Titanic... I thought you attended a grammar school though?

effected :facepalm:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You are 100% correct. Sadly we're not winning games and challenging for promotion, so the price does become an issue. Not for everybody, every time we discuss this there are always people who say "well that's what it costs and I'm happy to pay it." If people think like that then that's fair enough - but it is very much a minority view.

The related argument is of course saying that the club have to have an inflexible pricing policy otherwise "they'll lose money." I'm so sick of pointing out how wrong that view is that I can't be arsed any more. Frankly last night if the club weren't prepared to drop the price then they might as well have doubled it. The same mug punters, sorry, loyal fans, would still have turned up and they could have generated a bit of extra revenue.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You are 100% correct. Sadly we're not winning games and challenging for promotion, so the price does become an issue. Not for everybody, every time we discuss this there are always people who say "well that's what it costs and I'm happy to pay it." If people think like that then that's fair enough - but it is very much a minority view.

The related argument is of course saying that the club have to have an inflexible pricing policy otherwise "they'll lose money." I'm so sick of pointing out how wrong that view is that I can't be arsed any more. Frankly last night if the club weren't prepared to drop the price then they might as well have doubled it. The same mug punters, sorry, loyal fans, would still have turned up and they could have generated a bit of extra revenue.

Agree with most of that. We have 4000 season ticket holders too, so your loyal "pay on the day" (if you like) are not that many.

We have scored exactly ONE GOAL at home in a league game since the 31 Of October . as today is the 10 February, that's one goal for home fans in around 100 days:eek:

Might explain why we are not exactly turning people away!

I understood that clubs cannot simply drop the admission price for games at the drop of a hat. They need approval from the League and then agreement from the opposition club to do it. And you are only allowed to do it a certain number times (three?) each season. And I think they have to be chosen well in advance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here