Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's attendance

£24.50 to watch a poor team with their best players not starting in the freezing cold.

You do the MATH

How about you do the MATHS? We ain't Yanks remember.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I understood that clubs cannot simply drop the admission price for games at the drop of a hat. They need approval from the League and then agreement from the opposition club to do it. And you are only allowed to do it a certain number times (three?) each season. And I think they have to be chosen well in advance
It's not the drop of a hat, it's been four years. They put them up when we were in the Championship and have yet to bring them down again.

I understood that clubs cannot simply drop the admission price for games at the drop of a hat. They need approval from the League and then agreement from the opposition club to do it. And you are only allowed to do it a certain number times (three?) each season. And I think they have to be chosen well in advance

Why do you have to get the agreement of the opposition club? I thought all money from gate receipts was kept by the home club in the Football League?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, you CAN drop them 'at the drop of a hat' in as much as that is feasible. You couldn't do it for say Norwich on Saturday (not that there will be any need) as Norwich have already started selling tickets.

The only criteria is that any reduction must apply to home and away fans. The rule you're thinking of is the 'local promotion' one where you reduce prices for home fans only but away fans still pay the full price. You're only allowed four of those a season.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Garry Nelson has summed it up perfectly,there are so many reasons for not turning out on a cold night in February,the latest is no new signings last month except for the young striker who is for the future.

No, you CAN drop them 'at the drop of a hat' in as much as that is feasible. You couldn't do it for say Norwich on Saturday (not that there will be any need) as Norwich have already started selling tickets.

The only criteria is that any reduction must apply to home and away fans. The rule you're thinking of is the 'local promotion' one where you reduce prices for home fans only but away fans still pay the full price. You're only allowed four of those a season.

You are quite right.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Blame these guys for selling out the Brighton Centre

jls.jpg

Who on earth are they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A boy band that has a mainly young school aqe female following is hardly likely to affect a football match crowd.

The major reasons as I see it are the poor performances at home, no exciting signings to rush to see and it was put on the wrong Tuesday should have been next week (half term) which may have filled the family stand.

Would think most of those that attended were STH who had already got a ticket as opposed to cash buyers who would have to sacrifice something after Saturday going to Orient. Going to Orient cost me the best part fo £100 for myself and 2 children so if I didnt have a ST I wouldnt have been able to afford to go last night or I would have had to miss the annual ritual of going to Orient.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
If you could pay on the door you might get a few more. However it is still shit at Withdean so whats the big shock at low attendances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here