Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser - IS there a point?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wouldn't worry about it Virgo will be back on the right come Swindon. Feel sorry for Fraser clearly not a right midfielder, put in the centre and he will battle for every ball but never gets the chance

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
a) I haven't done one in a while, in fairness.

b) I couldn't really be arsed to go through the usual debate about how he's lightweight, can only pass backwards and runs about a lot without ever going anywhere - figured I'd let others do that, as they have

c) lazyness - yes, you're right. Generally, although you may not notice, I can't really be bothered on here at the moment. Although this post is probably an exception! I'm intruiged to read other peoples opinions about the football but can't really be arsed get in a heated debate about player x. But the evidence is as I see it - he DOESN'T shoot, his passing is either sloppy or backwards, his dribbling is non-existant and his tackling success rate, for someone who is apparently a defensive midfielder, is extremely poor. Obviously, I must be watching a different Fraser to some people on here...

If people think i'm a dick head though, i'd rather they at least bothered to post some reasoning as well. :)

For someone who can't be bothered on here at the moment you seem to be fulfilling your usual quota of starting inflammatory threads.

If you're going to do that AND then post "well constructed argument" sarcastically then at least have the good grace to construct one yourself. If you can't be arsed to give a reasoned explanation to these sensationalist and insulting thread titles then don't f***ing start them. Simple really.

I haven't posted you're a dickhead here but now you've told me you can't be bothered to explain your thread titles then I'm going to call you a dickhead and demand the right not to have to give a reason. Quid pro quo.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
For someone who can't be bothered on here at the moment you seem to be fulfilling your usual quota of starting inflammatory threads.

If you're going to do that AND then post "well constructed argument" sarcastically then at least have the good grace to construct one yourself. If you can't be arsed to give a reasoned explanation to these sensationalist and insulting thread titles then don't f***ing start them. Simple really.

I haven't posted you're a dickhead here but now you've told me you can't be bothered to explain your thread titles then I'm going to call you a dickhead and demand the right not to have to give a reason. Quid pro quo.

Shit post. ;)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can he run with the ball - no
Can he cross a ball - no
Can he pass a ball - no
Can he shoot - no

Why the HELL was he playing Right midfield? Thornton or McLeod could play on the left, Cox or even Robinson on the right.

JOKE decision. JOKE player.

Could be any more wrong if you tried, he did well today,

He is someone who also carries out his defensive work as well as getting forward well in support, he passes and links up play well, he is good at holding onto the ball when under pressure, etc etc.

Some people just have a massive bias for or against certain members of our squad, Fraser was not the worst midfielder on display today, it was Johnson, but because he is a loanee, and not a product of the youth team, Johnson is still seen as good and important, while a player doing better in the match in Fraser is rubbished by his own sides 'moronic' supporters,

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Could be any more wrong if you tried, he did well today,

He is someone who also carries out his defensive work as well as getting forward well in support, he passes and links up play well, he is good at holding onto the ball when under pressure, etc etc.

Some people just have a massive bias for or against certain members of our squad, Fraser was not the worst midfielder on display today, it was Johnson, but because he is a loanee, and not a product of the youth team, Johnson is still seen as good and important, while a player doing better in the match in Fraser is rubbished by his own sides 'moronic' supporters,

Well actually I thought they were both gash. Johnson can go back as far as i'm concerned - he can shoot, but offers nothing else, and clearly doesn't give a toss.
:)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well actually I thought they were both gash. Johnson can go back as far as i'm concerned - he can shoot, but offers nothing else, and clearly doesn't give a toss.
:)

You can say that about the vocal support for the team, when will the moaners learn that its counter productive and lowers the players confidence, players with low cofidence play poorly, hence we are strugglng.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Withdean wanderer, a question, - why do you insist on always singling out and undermining the youth team produced players, yet if loanees etc are poor they escape your criticism

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Withdean wanderer, a question, - why do you insist on always singling out and undermining the youth team produced players, yet if loanees etc are poor they escape your criticism

Guy Fawkes - an answer.

Youth team produced players? I don't rate Fraser. I don't think too much of El-Abd. I like Lynch, Hinshelwood, Virgo (when played in his position) and Elphick. I don't even mind Robinson, I just find it frustrating that he clearly has talent but so often fails to deliver.

Loans? Johnson and Anyinsah are crap, as far as i'm concerned. Fleetwood is ok when used up front, and Thornton is very good when he plays.

In conclusion - Not really sure what you mean!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Guy Fawkes - an answer.

Youth team produced players? I don't rate Fraser. I don't think too much of El-Abd. I like Lynch, Hinshelwood, Virgo (when played in his position) and Elphick. I don't even mind Robinson, I just find it frustrating that he clearly has talent but so often fails to deliver.

Loans? Johnson and Anyinsah are crap, as far as i'm concerned. Fleetwood is ok when used up front, and Thornton is very good when he plays.

In conclusion - Not really sure what you mean!

I am asking why your posts tend to slate the perminent younger players we have, rather than the loanees that are / have been as poor.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I am asking why your posts tend to slate the perminent younger players we have, rather than the loanees that are / have been as poor.

But:

I've slated Anyinah. I slate Johnson.

Other than Fraser, I don't really pick on our younger players?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
All the same crap was thrown at Dean Hammond early in his Albion career. And he was still being slated by a fair amount of people even by the time he moved on. Presumably the same twats who now think they might as well slag off Fraser constantly when he's a decent enough prospect who's never let the side down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must be different to most on here because I thought that both El Abd and Fraser had a good game. At half time it looked ;like either of those for MOM as they completely ruled the midfield alas 2nd half wasnt as good.

What was interesting was Forsters radio interview after the game when he praise Adam El Abd and saidf we would miss him on Sunday, as he is suspeneded but at leat we will have Virgo our own Mr Versatility back so that was a bonus. Interesting how he as captain and with his experience rates them highly and the 'keyboard warriors' on here dont.

Tommy Fraser at least is being given a chance at first team selection, something I recall being the title of a thread or many. It does not help his cause playing at home, too much pressure,name him to the squad next time out,(yep Swindon*) and I'll drop a tenner he scores.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I must be different to most on here because I thought that both El Abd and Fraser had a good game. At half time it looked ;like either of those for MOM as they completely ruled the midfield alas 2nd half wasnt as good.

What was interesting was Forsters radio interview after the game when he praise Adam El Abd and saidf we would miss him on Sunday, as he is suspeneded but at leat we will have Virgo our own Mr Versatility back so that was a bonus. Interesting how he as captain and with his experience rates them highly and the 'keyboard warriors' on here dont.

You were watching the same game as me. Agreed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to Tommy Fraser. He might be not be the world's most skilful player, as he'd no doubt acknowledge himself, but he gets stuck in and gives it his all. He's a young lad under pressure out there and at least shows the kind of commitment that some of the older players are seriously lacking. And big respect to Tommy for staying to applaud the fans at the end when most of the rest of them were slinking down the tunnel with their tails between their legs :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here