Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser - IS there a point?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe Fraser isn't the one who chose to play him out of position ahead of Thornton? I don't think the finger of blame should be pointed at Fraser somehow.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
If Glenn Murray played left back he'd be useless.

Similiarly, if Tommy Fraser plays right midfield, he'll be useless.

Its not f***ing rocket science is it Micky. Play the players in their proper positions or not at all FFS.

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
I don't understand how this man can be classed as a Professional footballer. Fraser has no cross, he bottles challenges. When he has the ball at his feet, it always seems to be smashed high into the air or backwards.

backwards is the key word.
Nearly every pass was backwards, he has no creativity on the ball and doesn't have the ability to take on other players.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well, if you are in a minority, I don't mind joining you.

Fraser is willing to put his foot in and will always try to win the ball back if he loses it. A certain loanee who played 90mins again today should take note.

Fraser also looks to get his foot on the ball at every opportunity, and whilst he doesn't have successful passing stats of 100% ( who does ! ), he sprays the ball around nicely at times.

Nope, didn't do too badly at all today for me.
There's always a minority of football supporters who go to matches,who have f*** all knowledge of the game.You fall into this category nicely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Complete lack of ambition from Adams today. Fraser on the right gives us NOTHING other than some cover for Whing when we've not got the ball. Gee, great.

When we've got the likes of Robinson in the squad, and McLeod and Thorton sat there on the bench, it was quite frankly FLABBERGASTING that Adams let it the game drift for so long in the 2nd half. Colchester were there for the taking today, they were shit, but THEY were the ones taking the initiative and making positive changes in an attempt to actually WIN the game. As the home team, against a VERY mediocre team, we should have seen Adams ringing a few changes at half time or at WORST with half an hour to go. Sling on Thorton or Robinson, get some creativity and pace in the team, something different for Colchester to deal with ffs. Leaving it till the 80th minute to start making changes was a JOKE (84th for Thornton), the players coming on barely had time to warm up and get themselves into the game before it was too f***ing late anyway.

I was happy to see Adams back. I've been fence-sitting for a couple of months now, but Adams's complete inaction today and inability to do the OBVIOUS to alter the course of a game in our favour against opposition we should be rolling over was the last straw. Put me down in the Adams OUT camp from here on chaps.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Complete lack of ambition from Adams today. Fraser on the right gives us NOTHING other than some cover for Whing when we've not got the ball. Gee, great.

When we've got the likes of Robinson in the squad, and McLeod and Thorton sat there on the bench, it was quite frankly FLABBERGASTING that Adams let it the game drift for so long in the 2nd half. Colchester were there for the taking today, they were shit, but THEY were the ones taking the initiative and making positive changes in an attempt to actually WIN the game. As the home team, against a VERY mediocre team, we should have seen Adams ringing a few changes at half time or at WORST with half an hour to go. Sling on Thorton or Robinson, get some creativity and pace in the team, something different for Colchester to deal with ffs. Leaving it till the 80th minute to start making changes was a JOKE (84th for Thornton), the players coming on barely had time to warm up and get themselves into the game before it was too f***ing late anyway.

I was happy to see Adams back. I've been fence-sitting for a couple of months now, but Adams's complete inaction today and inability to do the OBVIOUS to alter the course of a game in our favour against opposition we should be rolling over was the last straw. Put me down in the Adams OUT camp from here on chaps.

And that for me is the PERFECT post in summing up an utter shambles of an afternoon. My feelings are covered EXACTLY.

:clap:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Hopefully Tommy Fraser has more a life than all of us and never sees this thread. He played ok today and gave it his all, looked absolutely gutted at the end and clapped the fans when most of his teammates were speeding towards the dressing rooms at a rate which eclipsed olympic walking speeds. Ridiculous tactics though, fo shiz. I did wonder whether Adams has ragged someone's wife at Coventry and taken Thornton on as some sort of favour in exchange for their continued silence and relenting of heavies. Or perhaps he is his illegitimate, bastard love child who he wishes didn't exist.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's always a minority of football supporters who go to matches,who have f*** all knowledge of the game.You fall into this category nicely.

How silly of me to go against the majority view on here, eh ?

Must remember to sit next to you at games in future so you can educate me.

Perhaps I could have done with your expertise today...oh, wait a minute !...you didn't go today ? :thud:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good post Easy.It's been like it for most of the season.I even pm'd you a while back about this.Did you really expect it to change though? Adams set the seeds a long time ago and we are simply in freefall.All that good work by Wilkins has been undone in record time.Another manager who will be picking up free wages for the next two years very soon.I honestly believe the damage is far greater then people relise.I believe we will go down.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
adams is a f***ing joke - fraser does a decent job away from home wide by offering a bit of defensive cover. but when we are at home and should be looking to break teams down, then he is clearly not someone who should be playing

at the end of the day, adams is making players look like mugs by playing them out of position - virgo virtually ALL season, richards central midfield, fraser wide on the right. at least when mcghee did it it actually worked to a degree

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Easy Ten you're my hero. Well said sir. :bowdown:

never wrong dave

Jul 20, 2008
All of the sussex rich kids are pure crap and thats why no other league clubs wants them.Look at Crawley things got a lot better over the last five or six games once Rents was out.As Crawley fans say if thats your Brighton super kids you can keep them.The rich kids at the Albion only play league football because they have bloody rich parents that are friends with Dick Knight and his little band of gangsters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And that for me is the PERFECT post in summing up an utter shambles of an afternoon. My feelings are covered EXACTLY.

:clap:

I take no pleasure in it.
Its not Frasers fault, he's just yet another victim of Mickys random "throw-the-names-in-the-air-and-play-them-where-they-land" policy. Like El Abd, Fraser is a grafter who will break things up and put his foot in. But his ability on the ball is quite limited, he doesn't have a great passing range other than to play it simple, and unsurprisingly he was constantly sucked into the middle (where he is more comfortable), meaning we had no outlet down the right whatsoever. Quite WHAT goes through Micky's mind when he's making these decisions, I just cannot begin to fathom. If we were STUFFED with injuries then you can understand players having to be flexible and play occasionally out of position. But for fucks sake, we've got at least 3 other players who could have played on the right today, in their ACCUSTOMED position. I suppose we should just be grateful Virgo was suspended today, or we'd have been treated to some more of his wing TRICKERY.

Its just not even funny any more Adams. Just piss off now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good post Easy.It's been like it for most of the season.I even pm'd you a while back about this.Did you really expect it to change though?

To be honest - yes, I did. I wasn't expecting a glorious assault on the top echelons of the table, but I thought under Adams we would be (a) organised and (b) motivated - and in this league, thats half the battle.

I am genuinely shocked and bemused at what a pigs ear Adams is making of this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, and as for Johnson - just piss off back to Leeds NOW you complete and utter waste of skin. Talk about going through the motions, he clearly couldn't give a flying f*** at a rolling doughnut about playing for the Albion. I'd rather one of our yoofers got in the team ahead of him, at least they might play like they give a toss.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We have some prolific posters on here who i find f***ing boring and i cannot see that changing for 2009, but Dave?

Your post count is certainly prolific for NSC standards,but i enjoy 90% of your input on here.It's makes a refreshing read(i don't skip them unlike some)
Keep up the high standards you have set for 2009.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here