Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick "was a disgrace" today

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Don't worry, NSC's finest diplomat has been despached to sort the whole affair out. Good luck Frank!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Don't worry, NSC's finest diplomat has been despached to sort the whole affair out. Good luck Frank!

Oh God.....! The mothers of Hartlepool are undressing themselves at this very moment.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting

Some of their players were not a disgrace to the game of football today,they were a disgrace to HUMANITY.

A few of them seemed set to wind up the Pools' players, now under normal circumstances I accept that as part of the game,but today it was out of order,as previously stated i other post's'.

Barker feel to the floor for one reason, out of DESPAIR , he knew what today meant,and not knowing what their player said is irrelevant, all he should have done was walk past him.

The celebration by the goalscorer was also out of order, once more I can accept him going to his own supporter's but to go to our dug out is once more TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, even under normal circumstances today it was nothing more than INSULTING.

Those player's know who they are,and if they have any sort of a conscience they should apologise, to the club, the fan's and to the parents of Michael Maidens.

Once more they were TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, and INSULTING, to the day.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Interesting

Surely the greatest respect that could be paid to the player would be to continue to play the game that he loved as it would have been done if he were there?

All I read into it is that they are bitter that they lost and are looking for a scapegoat. It was a football match pure and simple. Respects were paid but once the whistle blew it could have been any other Saturday as far as I'm concerned.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They are not happy on here either...

http://pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10329&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

offshorepoolie

Total thugs the lot of them.. After all that had happened you would've thought the numpty's would've had some sense but maybe thats too much to ask for a load of wannabee's...

Hope they end up back in league 3...bunch of chav's.. Anyone who uses someones loss as a lever to gain an advantage is taking the game too far.

Where is League 3? It does seem that they are suggesting that we should have treated the players with kid gloves. Should we not have followed a game plan that many teams do on the road?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Taking this quote from DP's post ...

The celebration by the goalscorer was also out of order, once more I can accept him going to his own supporter's but to go to our dug out is once more TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, even under normal circumstances today it was nothing more than INSULTING.

And then looking at this pic on our official website......

0,,10433~3447555,00.jpg

would suggest that the Hartlepool supporter is completely wrong in his judgement of the situation.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Total storm in a tea cup. Yes its terribly sad what happened last week BUT our players are fully entitled to celebrate the goal.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Taking this quote from DP's post ...

And then looking at this pic on our official website......

0,,10433~3447555,00.jpg

would suggest that the Hartlepool supporter is completely wrong in his judgement of the situation.

From that photo looking at the supporters and the St John's - it looks like there was an incident away from the dugout??

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
According to reports ( I was not there) it seems the players picked on a certain Richie Barker, that is the same Richie Barker who only scored 12 goals for us in 97-99 before moving on a free?

I'm guessing it was just a piss take at a Seagulls reject.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From that photo looking at the supporters and the St John's - it looks like there was an incident away from the dugout??

I wonder if that is when the reserve keeper they keep mentioning (Sullivan) ran on the pitch to Barker?
We'll have to wait until the travelling fans give their take on it later on.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I wonder if that is when the reserve keeper they keep mentioning (Sullivan) ran on the pitch to Barker?
We'll have to wait until the travelling fans give their take on it later on.

It may be, but then why would sullivan run from the dugout to their player?!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Right - now i'm confused!!!

Apparently (from their site) Tommy Elphick was supposed to have kissed his black armband when we scored the winner, in front of Richie Barker. Barker had kissed the armband when he scored the penalty.
The Hartlepool fans reckon that our team were taking the mickey.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Apparently (from their site) Tommy Elphick was supposed to have kissed his black armband when we scored the winner, in front of Richie Barker. Barker had kissed the armband when he scored the penalty.
The Hartlepool fans reckon that our team were taking the mickey.

Ah ok, now i get it!!!!

Sorry, i appear to have also hit my head when i fell off the horse!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
a bit like the STORM of controversy caused when leon knight threw his black armband to the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here