Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick "was a disgrace" today

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of all this I think the team will benefit from coming through yesterday with 3 points, "character building" and togertheness as a team and management.
Different subject, but hats of to Wilkins for sticking with ElAbd when noone (me included) on this Board would have done the same. Maybe that is why we all have to go back to a proper 9to5 tomorrow and he goes for a kickaround with his mates.
PG

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
must of their fans fans on the rivals board seem to except that that is what bas does when he scores - however, if elphick did show a complete lack of respect with this whole armband incident then that is another matter

Respect was paid before the match. Barker started the whole kissing the armband thing off. Elphick is passionate, unlike some of our powder puffs.

Elphick has nothing to apologise for. They were just pissed off because they lost the match.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Can you imagine the reaction of the Albion faithful last week if Kandol had kissed the black armband after scoring Leeds winner last week? There would have been a riot.

So... the club and the player should apologise to Hartlepool.

Except Leeds were not wearing black armbands :glare:

I don't think therer should be an apology. I will be dissapointed if there is one given.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course there should and will be an apology. It won't be an admission of guilt though. Something like;

'Tommy and the club would like to extend their heartfelt apologies to the family of Michael Maidens and all at Hartlepool for any offence that his actions may have inadvertently caused'

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Respect was paid before the match. Barker started the whole kissing the armband thing off. Elphick is passionate, unlike some of our powder puffs.

Elphick has nothing to apologise for. They were just pissed off because they lost the match.

of course barker started the whole thing of - he was dedicating the goal, which looked like being a deserved equaliser to the memory of one his team mates who had died last week

it is a bit disrepsectful for elphick to dedicate our 90th minute winner against his team and team mates to him - and lets be honest, there is no way that that is what he was doing anyway

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He was probably just wiping his mouth on his shirt because he'd dribbled a bit (footballers do tend to spit a lot!).

Should add a bit of an edge to the return fixture at Withdean...not that their fans will see because they'll probably bring their usual 50 down here.

It's all a huge over-reaction and as somebody else has said, if they had won or held on for the draw it would probably have been all forgotten about after 5 o'clock.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of all this I think the team will benefit from coming through yesterday with 3 points, "character building" and togertheness as a team and management.
Different subject, but hats of to Wilkins for sticking with ElAbd when noone (me included) on this Board would have done the same. Maybe that is why we all have to go back to a proper 9to5 tomorrow and he goes for a kickaround with his mates.
PG

Excuse me, but ONE person on this board would CERTAINLY have played el-Abd.

His name would have been FIRST on my team sheet, FACT.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Elphick should definetely apologise if he did it without question, it is completely insensitive and disrespectful. Hopefully he will learn from it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
4 pages of complete DRIVEL! no one knows the facts yet you all bang on about it as though its as big as a nuclear holocaust!....go down the PUB for f*** sake and get a LIFE :thud:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Seagulls World site is quoting Elphick as saying "We're maturing" on a video interview, but I think he is referring to the overall performance in general.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
4 pages of complete DRIVEL! no one knows the facts yet you all bang on about it as though its as big as a nuclear holocaust!....go down the PUB for f*** sake and get a LIFE :thud:

:D

Post of the thread.

I don't go in for this enforced collective grief bollox. Princess Diana anyone?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Sorry, no laughing matter, but this is QUALITY:

"i nipped into asda after that to get some bread and a tub of ice cream and seen the brighton lads getting some refreshments for the journey home.

the bus was outside waiting for them like.

i chucked a ciabatta roll at it.

it was a symbolic yet fulile gesture.

particularly as it missed the bus and hit a dark blue honda civic."

:D

love it, i've now added that to my favourite quotes on my facebook page.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
......if Elphick did mock the 'pool player by kissing his own armband then it seems a bloody stupid and incensitive thing to do.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Well said.Some real cocks on here who have shown themselves up without knowing the facts.To be honest so bloody what.BIG DEAL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here