Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick "was a disgrace" today

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if that is when the reserve keeper they keep mentioning (Sullivan) ran on the pitch to Barker?
We'll have to wait until the travelling fans give their take on it later on.

the referee definently had a word with sullivan after we scored - not sure what it was all about though as we were too busy going mad. and it did seem to take a ridiculously long time to restart the match

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Taking this quote from DP's post ...

The celebration by the goalscorer was also out of order, once more I can accept him going to his own supporter's but to go to our dug out is once more TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, even under normal circumstances today it was nothing more than INSULTING.

And then looking at this pic on our official website......

0,,10433~3447555,00.jpg

would suggest that the Hartlepool supporter is completely wrong in his judgement of the situation.

Looks like he's pretty much on the halfway line, which would make him fairly close to both benches.

Regardless, the main beef seems to be with Elphick, not Big Bas.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like he's pretty much on the halfway line, which would make him fairly close to both benches.

Regardless, the main beef seems to be with Elphick, not Big Bas.

must of their fans fans on the rivals board seem to except that that is what bas does when he scores - however, if elphick did show a complete lack of respect with this whole armband incident then that is another matter

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the referee definently had a word with sullivan after we scored - not sure what it was all about though as we were too busy going mad. and it did seem to take a ridiculously long time to restart the match

He got booked for running on the pitch.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He got booked for running on the pitch.

thought that might have been the case. is that some sort of record - never played a professional game, yet has a booking already!

any idea on what happened with the whole shenanigans at the end?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
thought that might have been the case. is that some sort of record - never played a professional game, yet has a booking already!

I'd love to know Elphick's take on the incident.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire

He just said handbags really! He doesnt recall any Elphick incident.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He just said handbags really! He doesnt recall any Elphick incident.

Very diplomatic Race......sounds just like Ferguson....LOL....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What Tommy Elphick did or did not do is almost beside the point now. The Hartlepool fans have taken massive offence at a time when feelings are running high. The Albion are an honest club, and Tommy Elphick strikes me as an honest knid of player, so both should be big enough to apologise to Hartlepool. irrespective of whether there was any intent on Tommy's part or not. Personally I don't believe there was. Never saw the incident yesterday but Tommy Elphick is always one of the most pumped-up Albion players at the final whistle at Withdean and I'm pretty sure yesterday was no exception. But like somebody said higher up the thread I'm sure he'll be pretty mortified to be accused of disresping the memory of the lad that died. Can you imagine the reaction of the Albion faithful last week if Kandol had kissed the black armband after scoring Leeds winner last week? There would have been a riot.

So... the club and the player should apologise to Hartlepool.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Considering no one really knows what happened i think their fans are going abit OTT.

http://pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10337&sid=bbb8592948e886cb0361addd6abb9060

Sorry, no laughing matter, but this is QUALITY:

"i nipped into asda after that to get some bread and a tub of ice cream and seen the brighton lads getting some refreshments for the journey home.

the bus was outside waiting for them like.

i chucked a ciabatta roll at it.

it was a symbolic yet fulile gesture.

particularly as it missed the bus and hit a dark blue honda civic."

:D

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

"i nipped into asda after that to get some bread and a tub of ice cream and seen the brighton lads getting some refreshments for the journey home.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I read that on their board. It,s good to see that most message boards have writers who can "pen" an amusing tale. Makes me realise that we,re ALL just football supporters, sharing a similar passion for our football clubs.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford

From the same thread "eye woz orl sett four givin elfick thee phick bastud a taist ov mi Dee Emz 'n' sew woz Barkz
bi thee luk ov itt".

Gives you an idea of the level of intelligence involved!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it Elphick's handball that gave Hartlepool the penalty? If so it could be argued that Barker was actually taking the piss out of Elphick by kissing the armband??

Never had the monkey hanging hard Northerners down as such a bunch of oversensitive losers. If they'd won there would have been none of this pathetic mud slinging.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Why is it okay for their player to kiss the armband, but not our player?

Did we not share a tribute for the same deceased person? But ours are supposed to apologise for scoring I suppose.

Their player being the failed Brighton Striker Richie Barker? 12 goals in 2 seasons 97-99.

Maybe he taunted the Brighton players by kissing the band?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here