Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick "was a disgrace" today

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to some 'Pools fans he did, not having been there I couldn't say. However, I think a lot of their ire is down to the fact we ruined the script. I think we were supposed to sacrafice three points for the death of one of their younger players. I'm sure everybody has all the sympathy going for the player and his family but sorry, people die all the time, it's the only 100% certainty in life.

You have to move on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's to be remembered just which side had a player dismissed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Byf gave me a link to their phone in and they're complaining that Cox wound up their player to get him sent off.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just had a look at the Hartlepool board, and they feel Elphick definitely kissed his arm band in front of Barker when we scored our late winner. this was in response to Barker doing the same when he scored from the penalty.
If it is true (and I don,t know...I wasn,t there) it does seem in very poor taste.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Byf gave me a link to their phone in and they're complaining that Cox wound up their player to get him sent off.

All part of the game methinks. He shouldn't have risen to it. Well played by Cox in my opinion.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if it happened I bet Tommy Elphick just got caught up in the excitement of winning in the final seconds, not realising the significance of Barker's actions (kissing armband). I suspect he will be mortified when someone explains.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A storm in a tea cup, but taking a less pessimistic view, is it not possible that Mr Elphick was also trying to show his respects to the player? Why is it automatically assumed that a Brighton player kissing an armband is an act of disrespect?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
A storm in a tea cup, but taking a less pessimistic view, is it not possible that Mr Elphick was also trying to show his respects to the player? Why is it automatically assumed that a Brighton player kissing an armband is an act of disrespect?

agreed, maybe Elphick knew the kiddy! typical NSC goons jumping to pointless conclusions about a nothing situation caused by the deprived state of Nevada wanting its own sanctions on beef export, its in the wind ya know!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm sorry, but this is just a case of overblown emotion. They're not a bad bunch, our team and I cannot believe they were insensitive enough to deliberately upset Hartlepool players and fans today. They're even saying that our players and the ref failed to fully respect the minutes silence. Poppycock. They call us animals, yet they hang monkeys. Pot/kettle I think ;)

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=958&p=16&style=2&forumId=5550
&action=1&replytoid=527814311

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Putting myself in a Hartlepool fans shoes I'd be incredibly pissed off!

If he did that then it's uncalled for and not on,especially considering the circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here