Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth and new player coming in tomorrow? (mod: title edited)

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If he's no closer surely he hasn't heard anything?
Brian Owen wrote last Wednesday for the 5 pm arsegas that gp said we were no closer to signing any of the 2 players we were after. The next morning he was writing gp expects a signing before Saturdays game, Thursday afternoon ( 24 hours after his original comment) crofts was signed...
. Basically he is saying things are obviously happening, negotiations etc and things haven't moved since last asked... BUT things Chang quickly and this striker search has been kept very quiet...GP obviously understands the need to get sorted sharpish and I still think we will have a new CF at hull...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
basically, if we dont get a new face then Im happy with the squad and I think Gus will be as well, the differnance between last season this is that assuming all fit we have an addtional 20 goals a season coming from midfield which we didnt have last season.

If someone comes in great, if not, Im cool.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Surely, the impact of being "no closer" depends on who close we actually are? No closer to a signing because we have no bids accepted is very different to no closer because personal terms are still being sorted. Scenario A means we could be weeks away, Scenario B means that we could either be days, weeks or hours away!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Surely, the impact of being "no closer" depends on who close we actually are? No closer to a signing because we have no bids accepted is very different to no closer because personal terms are still being sorted. Scenario A means we could be weeks away, Scenario B means that we could either be days, weeks or hours away!
My point exactly re crofts...brian Owen wrote same thing last week, next day new signing....But did he know about the crofts situation? Question is how much info does arsegas get given? It might be easier to say no closer as in truth that is correct and does not inform other clubs of what is happening....I mean let's face it they are hardly likely to be sitting around and NOT trying to negotiate things are they?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My point exactly re crofts...brian Owen wrote same thing last week, next day new signing....But did he know about the crofts situation? Question is how much info does arsegas get given? It might be easier to say no closer as in truth that is correct and does not inform other clubs of what is happening....I mean let's face it they are hardly likely to be sitting around and NOT trying to negotiate things are they?

Agreed. Unsurprisingly the Albion have an extremely good poker face at the moment regarding club goings on

Poker Face.jpg

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Andy Naylor tweeting that Elph permanently going to Bournemouth...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Andy Naylor seems to think Elphick is a done deal

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Andy Naylor has just tweeted "[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Tommy Elphick is on the way permanently, further along south coast. #bhafc"

Surley bournemouth?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
A shame that Elphick never got to play for us at the Amex but I guess he's 4th choice centre back and at this stage of his career he needs first team football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It is threads like this that make me realise just how sad I have become. Arrive at work at 6.30am and spend next half hour pouring over every word on signing threads. As a consequence of this illness I have read Brian Owens tweet many times and decided there is some substance behind it, he appears to have chosen his words carefully and is pretty precise in saying early evening as if the club are expecting things to change..

Now off to the doctors for a cure!
The Brazilian 4X100m relay team had BRA written across their chests.

Made me laugh.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
That's a shame, surely he's better off on loan? Who's our 4th CB now?

Calde's played there before now, and I think even Vincelot may have turned his hand to it at some stage. Maybe we're making space for another multi-position player?

Be sad to see Tommy go as he's been a quality player for us, but realistically he's not going to get much of a look-in with the players in front of him.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
That's a shame, surely he's better off on loan? Who's our 4th CB now?

Decent move all round realistically but gutted to see him go. Poyet never really seemed to rate him too highly, would have been our 4th centre back and will do very well in league one with bournemouth. Poyet obviously feels 3 CB's are ebough knowing that he has got Calde and Vincelot who are more than capable to cover. Realistically its a pretty good move. Good luck tommy!

P.s i noticed Grant Hall still hasn't signed for spurs....anyone know more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here