Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick talking about his ordeal front page of Argus

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Why is he even talking to the rag

It's in his interests to publicise his innocence as widely as possible isn't it? He's done nothing wrong and the more people understand that the better.

For what it's worth I don't think the Argus has done much wrong through this, though I appreciate I'm in a minority.

It's in his interests to publicise his innocence as widely as possible isn't it? He's done nothing wrong and the more people understand that the better.

For what it's worth I don't think the Argus has done much wrong through this, though I appreciate I'm in a minority.

Agreed.
I imagine Tommy E, as a completely innocent person having his name placed as an accused, would be very interested in having the same rag make it known that he is nothing to do with the scandal he was named in.

Being linked with a crime, it's not much use to simply be known as 'released through lack of evidence' or even 'no longer being questioned by police'.

The ob have little interest in clearing anyone's name once they are done with them - so Tom Elphick has done the best thing, with the Argus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Agreed.
I imagine Tommy E, as a completely innocent person having his name placed as an accused, would be very interested in having the same rag make it known that he is nothing to do with the scandal he was named in.

Being linked with a crime, it's not much use to simply be known as 'released through lack of evidence' or even 'no longer being questioned by police'.

The ob have little interest in clearing anyone's name once they are done with them - so Tom Elphick has done the best thing, with the Argus.

agree with that

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I understand completely why he has done the interview. Who wouldn't want to clear their name? But I still think the rag was wrong yesterday, in the manner of how they reported the original story.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I would imagine there was a phone call from Tommy's solicitor to The Argus editor along the lines of

"Put a front page headline apology on today's edition or we'll sue the arse of you"

"Oh, ok, do you want an interview as well?, we'll have a reporter round in 5 minutes"

They haven't done it out of the good of their heart, shitrag.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Im in the car on my way to peterborough and I can't read that ! Can read the front page and Reyes interview but can't make the make the main article out on my phone to blurry ! Can't believe some people though the bloke asking do we now not like elphick,has he not got his own opinion ? good for tommy I say let him use every way possible of showing his innocence

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I understand completely why he has done the interview. Who wouldn't want to clear their name? But I still think the rag was wrong yesterday, in the manner of how they reported the original story.

This.

Poor bloke. I think I would like a great big FRONT PAGE publication of my innocence the day after my name had been plastered in massive blue font all over the same paper's front connecting me to a sex attack.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I would imagine there was a phone call from Tommy's solicitor to The Argus editor along the lines of

"Put a front page headline apology on today's edition or we'll sue the arse of you"

"Oh, ok, do you want an interview as well?, we'll have a reporter round in 5 minutes"

They haven't done it out of the good of their heart, shitrag.

Unlikely as you can't be sued for printing facts about someone.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
For those who don't want to buy today's Argus...

Attachments

• argus page 1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 514

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Shame, i understand he wanted to get his story out there but there are so many bigger and better ways of doing so.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Inside page is too big as a pdf but here's the text.
Reyes story to follow too.

Attachments

• elphick page 9.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 591

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good for you Tommy. What you have gone through I can't even imagine the horror of it. To besmirch the good name of a young man like this. The Argus were within their rights but the way they sensationalised the whole story with the headline and 3 Seagulls logo's, why three ? one would have sufficed was a massive error of judgement. They may have got a good payday yesterday but this could prove to be the final nail in the coffin of this ailing institution.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Reyes page 5

Attachments

• reyes page 5.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 118

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
'They told him not to talk about it'? So they get him up at 07.20, arrest him and question him for what sounds like a day and then, when they realise its clearly rubbish, tell him not to talk abouit it. You couldn't make it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here