Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Sun - "Coppell in Knight Bid"

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Easy 10 said:
Typical non-story really. No direct quotes from anyone.

. . . . . . . Leon will obviously be straight back in the team from Saturday anyway, . . . . .

Nearly everybody, on this thread, seems to take this for granted.

Personally, I would be surprised to see the partnership of Knight and Claridge kick off on Saturday. Leon will probably start the match warming up the bench with his arse.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Waterhall Wizard said:
Nearly everybody, on this thread, seems to take this for granted.

Personally, I would be surprised to see the partnership of Knight and Claridge kick off on Saturday. Leon will probably start the match warming up the bench with his arse.

Who do you think will partner Claridge then?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
In my opinion we should let him, he is a striker but is not getting goals. As a manager I would take him off and understnad MM's actions fully.

He clearly is just throwing his teddies out the cot again coz he is not being given a game, Shame really!!

:nono:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The Northstander said:
In my opinion we should let him, he is a striker but is not getting goals. As a manager I would take him off and understnad MM's actions fully.

He clearly is just throwing his teddies out the cot again coz he is not being given a game, Shame really!!

:nono:

But the story was no doubt absolute cr@p... therefore, how do we know Leon threw his toys out of the pram because he was dropped?...

I have to say that I think playing Claridge and Virgs at the 'ammers was a big surprise... and I am really glad our best strike pairing, IMHO - Leon and Steve - should be playing against Burnley on Sat...

I hope Leon stays... we would struggle to find anyone better... especially with the zero budget that MM would no doubt be allocated to find a replacement...

... and I still don't understand this Jan thing... I thought his contract was up in the summer, not in Jan?... and we would get a fee because of his age...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Marshy said:
Mghee has already said Leon will start i beleive

Good!...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was talking to a couple of Chelsea fans on the train up to West Ham, one of whom lived in Hackney, or around there somewhere.

Apparently even at the age of 14, Leon Knight was renowned for being absolutely full of himself, and it was common knowledge that his old man was hawking him around all the clubs, trying to play them off against each other.

This guy reckoned that Leon was getting offers of £500 - £1000 a game from the various teams, at 14 years old...

All apocryphal of course, but you wouldn't be surprised, would you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here