Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Sun - "Coppell in Knight Bid"

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
He will stay and form a good partnership with Claridge. We just need to get his contract sorted and this is simply his agent pushing the issue into Dick's court.

The agent is saying Dick make your move and poor old Dick is counting his coppers up and trying to raise the money by lumping them all on the 3.30 at Kempton. 1 piece of advice - just dont use betfair

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sell him for a decent price.

At least the money will go towards saving the club. It'll also free up some wages.

Otherwise, back him 110% and hope he starts finding his shooting boots again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Stinky Kat said:
He will stay and form a good partnership with Claridge. We just need to get his contract sorted and this is simply his agent pushing the issue into Dick's court.

Totally agree. This stinks of the agent "leaking" this non-story to try and hurry-up contract negotiations.

Personally I want him to stay. Can't wait to see Knight and Claridge partnership on Saturday.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I hope we don't sell him as he 's quality.

How can Chelsea demand 50%? How many millions did they write off when they sacked Mutu? At least 11 mill'.

:angry:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Re: Re: Re: Today's Sun - "Coppell in Knight Bid"

Wilts said:
A valid point (the latter that is!).

The only reason we might use him is for cover while a couple of the main strikers are injured.

We've got:

Kitson
Forster
Goater
Owusu
Morgan

...already. Which is enough IMO unless we lose Forster to long-term injury rather than short-term. He's difficult to replace.

Let's swap knight for the Goat. He fits the bill in terms of a target man, scores regularly if you feed him, and doesn't sulk for 90 mins when the physical challenge comes in. :lolol:

Feed the goat and he will score!!! :goal:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Reading can keep their hands off our Leon... we are building a team for the future (Claridge is an obvious exception!!)...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why not just give us the Goat on-loan?... you don't use him much anyway... or do you?...

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Charlton Athletic Football Club want striker Knight
11:14 November, 16, 2004
Leon Knight is a target for Charlton Athletic Football Club manager Alan Curbishley.

Mail The FansFC Editor
Send This Article To A Friend
Post Your View on The Msg Board

The 22-year-old signed for Brighton in August 2003 after a loan spell at the Withdean Stadium and was instrumental in Brighton’s promotion to the Championship last season.

Knight, formerly of Chelsea has scored 22 league goals in 55 games for the Seagulls and previously had a successful loan spell with Huddersfield Town.

Brighton are keen to hang on to the striker but are in need of money to fund their bid for a new stadium and a big money offer from a Premiership or top Championship side would be hard to turn down.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
West Ham, Charlton, Reading.... sound sliek his agent is doign a bit of touting....

Knight was a class act last season and has obvious potential but I don't think he's in sync with the team this year and he defo won't be with us next year. Don't like to lose him as he is a best forward but now for real cash rather than later for peanuts IMHO.

Don't think MM will be thinking like that tho, seeing as he thinks Molango and Jakey are not ready.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
METALMICKY said:
Can you imagine him trying to pull the big "i am" with players like Lomas and Hutchinson.

For Lomas or Hutchinson read Claridge. Do you think Steve will put up with Knights petulant ways alongside him over the next few games? Maybe working alongside an old workhorse like Claridge who has earnt respect at every club he's played at might toughen Leon up and show him how a real pro conducts himself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So far, we've scored less goals this season than we did in the first 19 "horror" games of 2 years ago. Much of that is down to Knight being crap until the last few games.

I think Leon needs to continue knuckling down. He could learn a thing or two from Claridge. I don't want to see the wee fella sold, and believe that the goals will come soon, starting with Burnley on Saturday.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, really looking forward to our best striker-pairing - Knight and Claridge - on Sat...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
RoyalAli said:
Because you couldn't pay his wages.

Fair enough... will you pay them for us?!... I understand your Chairman is quite wealthy!... and the Goat needs regular 1st team footie... everyone's a winner!...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pavilionaire said:
So far, we've scored less goals this season than we did in the first 19 "horror" games of 2 years ago. Much of that is down to Knight being crap until the last few games.

I think Leon needs to continue knuckling down. He could learn a thing or two from Claridge. I don't want to see the wee fella sold, and believe that the goals will come soon, starting with Burnley on Saturday.

Good post. I hope Claridge will help Knight.

Metal Mickey, that is a great post too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
I would lke him to stay as yopu always need a back up srtiker, as has been proved and Cl;aridge isnt going to play every game.

The fee that we would get after Chelsea take their 50% would not be sufficient to sign a new player or a barrister spend any time in court arguing for Falmer.

are you suggesting knight should be a back up striker

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I posted on here before about Leon and his days at Chelsea.

I had the fortunate experience of meeting one of the Chelsea Youth Academy Managers in Lisbon during Euro 2004 and the conversation got round to LK,and in his own words he said he was one of the most talented players that they ever had there but his attitude was also one of the worst there,hence they shipped him out ASAP!!

Sell him now and use the Cash on a Proven striker in this Division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here