Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays moron [Argus Letters]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
tedebear said:
Superb - just wish I could blow it up to A -100 size and paste it to the side of the clocktower or something for every Tom Dick and un-informed Harry to read!

Well done HKFC (Is that right H - KFC! Weird) !:lol:

That's the one tedebear. Them chicken places are actually named 'Kraay Fan Club'. The old guy in the logo is Hans' dad, Hans Sr, who in between playing for Ajax and managing Real Madrid, actually invented chickens.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
hans kraay fan club said:
That's the one tedebear. Them chicken places are actually named 'Kraay Fan Club'. The old guy in the logo is Hans' dad, Hans Sr, who in between playing for Ajax and managing Real Madrid, actually invented chickens.

You learn something every day! :lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Cheers.

I am a tiny bit dissapointed that they insisted on having my place of abode there, though. Not because I want to hide away or anything - I wouldn't have used my real name if that were the case.

Its just that having written and made the point that Mr Bishop's real thrust was 'Don't build it near my house in Woodingdean', the fact that I then am shown as living in Hampshire might make it look a bit hypocritical.

I left my address blank for that very reason, but the Argus rang me yesterday and said they wanted to print it, but could only do so with an address.

Never mind. I just hope Mr Bishop enjoys reading it, over his tea and muffins this afternoon.

Well, the last couple of letters I've had printed (Good grief that makes me some kind of serial nothing-to-do-with-his-time type loser) have had the name of my road included, which I wasn't best pleased about - when you say "please don't print my full address" you don't expect them to just drop the number of your house!!

Still, it is amusing to know more about these places than someone who is actually local!!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
It's a great letter HKFC. And the brilliant Argus subbing operation managed to spot the fact that you'd misspelled "disingenuous".

What a pity they put in "pedalled" instead of "peddled".

But never mind :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Curious Orange said:
Well, the last couple of letters I've had printed (Good grief that makes me some kind of serial nothing-to-do-with-his-time type loser) have had the name of my road included, which I wasn't best pleased about - when you say "please don't print my full address" you don't expect them to just drop the number of your house!!

Still, it is amusing to know more about these places than someone who is actually local!!

I am local. At the time Toads Hole was seriously being considered, I lived just off Nevill Avenue. Just had to move later in life for work, etc.

My folks live in Withdean, and frankly Withers is far more convinient for me than Falmer would ever be. Unlike these nimby bastards however, we don't all judge the merits of everything solely on how it affects us personally.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
It's a great letter HKFC. And the brilliant Argus subbing operation managed to spot the fact that you'd misspelled "disingenuous".

What a pity they put in "pedalled" instead of "peddled".

But never mind :lolol:

I have just been back and checked my original text, and unfortunately it would appear they have no such thing as a subbing operation. Whilst I can bask in the glory of being able to spell disingenuous, it is I too, who was the utter utter retard that used pedalled!:down:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: Re: Is this a p1ss take?

Cheers MoH.

While I'm here, mustn't forget to credit mona, with the 'Bashing Ed Bishop' line!
Thank you. It (ed bishop) had to be brought out didn't it!
A1 EXCELLENT LETTER.

Looking at all these issues, the Argus definitely encourages nimbyism and has done so ever since some bad planning decisions were made in the 60s.
What irritates is that it allows people like Selma Montford and Val Paynter to publicise their questionable aesthetic taste. It also gives the impression that their nimby organisations, the Brighton Society and Save Hove, are bigger than they actually are.

We must keep up the pressure on the Falmer nimby lie machine. None of the bar stewards whinged when that ugly racquets club was granted planning permission.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
May I add my congratulations for an excellently worded letter. As stated above, we have to keep the pressure on the lying anti-Falmer ba$tards who seemingly have an inexhaustible supply of inaccuracies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cheers mona, Jim, Ian

You are all correct, of course - we have to challenge every single one of these letters, be they in the Argus or other local rags, with factual replies.

If like Mr Bishop, they leave themselves wide open for it - by making statements of fact that are untrue, rather than just expressing an opinion, then so much the better.

As many have said, we are not doing very well in the battle for the hearts and minds of the non-sporting general public. We must always remember that whilst we take a lot of the facts as given, that is because we have followed the story with interest from the start.

There are still plenty out there who honestly think 'What is this Falmer nonsense? Why don't they just give up building it somewhere so contentious, and put it somewhere suitable like Shoreham Airport or Waterhall?'.

Each and every letter should be met with a sensible, non-hysterical response to shoot them down, so that the Argus readers can gradually form a picture that only one side is actually basing their argument on the full facts.

It would help more though, if the Argus didn't sit on letters so long, that when they finally print them, everyone has forgotten the original rant anyway!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is a quality letter HKFC with a nice sting in the tail, good work :clap:

Good to see your writing skills are a big improvement on your taste in music (Smiths) :lolol:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Icy Gull said:
That is a quality letter HKFC with a nice sting in the tail, good work :clap:

Good to see your writing skills are a big improvement on your taste in music (Smiths) :lolol:

Where I come from, that's fighting talk Mr.Gull. Any more of that and I'll be writing to the Argus!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You are all correct, of course - we have to challenge every single one of these letters, be they in the Argus or other local rags, with factual replies.

Each and every letter should be met with a sensible, non-hysterical response to shoot them down, so that the Argus readers can gradually form a picture that only one side is actually basing their argument on the full facts.

Just like this one, today. Adrian Newnham, take a bow. [well done on the Baker phone in too, btw].

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/lett...r.1002516.0.baker_has_forgotten_the_facts.php

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There are still plenty out there who honestly think 'What is this Falmer nonsense? Why don't they just give up building it somewhere so contentious, and put it somewhere suitable like Shoreham Airport or Waterhall?'.

To be fair, I don't think any pro-Waterhall letters have been printed in the Argus since I pointed out that even Mr Collyer (the first Inspector) thought there was no chance of planning permission ever being given there (I quoted his report in my letter).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here