Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays moron [Argus Letters]

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
hans kraay fan club said:
I'll tell you where he is most definately NOT from - anywhere West of Toads Hole. He is suggesting anybody coming from that direction, can 'simply use the Devil's Dyke flyover and double back'.

What a prick. Trying to turn right at the top of that slip road is almost impossible at the best of times. His idea would cause queues right down onto the carriageway. Which funnily enough is EXACTLY WHY THE HIGHWAYS AGENCY VETOED THE SITE. Idiot.

Sorry HKFC, there's not a ground in the country that has absolutely no traffic problems before and after a match - Falmer will be just the same as everywhere else - a bit of traffic congestion is part and parcel of footy.

I know there's lots of reasons why Toads Hole is not suitable, but it is a big site, it could probably be self funding with other development and most importantly, I could still walk there from home, whereas Falmer is going to be a bastard to get to, unless they run park and ride from the Crown & Anchor!!

Obviously it's now Falmer or nothing now so we have to fully support the Falmer campaign but just because people have differing opinions to the party line, doesn't mean they are wrong.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
SI 4 BHA said:
Sorry HKFC, there's not a ground in the country that has absolutely no traffic problems before and after a match - Falmer will be just the same as everywhere else - a bit of traffic congestion is part and parcel of footy.

I know there's lots of reasons why Toads Hole is not suitable, but it is a big site, it could probably be self funding with other development and most importantly, I could still walk there from home, whereas Falmer is going to be a bastard to get to, unless they run park and ride from the Crown & Anchor!!

Obviously it's now Falmer or nothing now so we have to fully support the Falmer campaign but just because people have differing opinions to the party line, doesn't mean they are wrong.
Maybe, but in this instance, Ed Bishop is wrong.

Part of the plan is do the P&R from Mill Road, so you can always go there. If you're prepared to walk to THV, surely you'll be prepared to walk to Mill Road.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
SI 4 BHA said:

I know there's lots of reasons why Toads Hole is not suitable, but it is a big site, it could probably be self funding with other development

WITH OTHER DEVELOPMENT, which the council have said will not be allowed. Full stop.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Apart from anything else said about THV my problem is more fundamental than transport links, environmental issues or infrastucture.

I would like you all to consider the following.

Emirates Stadium
Anfield
Old Trafford
Camp Nou
Villa Park
Stamford Bridge
Toads Hole Stadium

I rest my case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
hove born&bred said:
Norice I said THV is a good site for A stadium not THE stadium.

I'm not sure Hangleton Rovers need one though.

Dear Editor.
Last Sunday I stood in my garden and farted, which made a smell like a toads hole. This got me wondering. When I had finished I realised this was no way to behave so I went back in again.
Please think on this when you publish stupid letters about Falmer in the future.
F W Years.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Here is my response to Mr Bishop. I hope it will be published;

Dear Sirs

I am growing increasingly frustrated at the mis-information pedalled by the anti-Falmer lobby in their letters, published here.

Without wishing to cast aspersions on the integrity of the writers, they are, at best, being disingenuous.

Mr Ed Bishop wrote to you to extoll the virtues of Toads Hole as an alternative site, praising the transport links, and highlighting the fact that the plot had 'been offered to the Albion on very generous terms'.

I don't really think Mr Bishop needs the truth pointing out, but for the benefit of those who may not know, and would be mis-led by his version, I will lay them out again.

The site is privately owned. A portion of it was offered to the Albion at a very low rate, on condition that the council agreed for a large commercial devepolment to be granted on the remainder of the site. This was never going to be allowed so was a complete non-starter.

As for the transport links, Mr Bishop informs us that the plot is accessible from both sides. In fact,the Highways Agency vetoed any proposed development as they refused to consider a slip road from the A27 on safety grounds. Unbelievably, he suggests that those travelling from the West could "simply use the Devil's Dyke flyover and double back". This junction is already a problem and hundreds more cars turning right at the roundabout at the top of that slip road would cause queues right back onto the dual-carriageway, posing a major safety risk.

Whilst we should all accept that there are two sides to every arguement, I would have more respect for Mr Bishop's views if he wrote a much simpler, more honest version; "Dear Sirs, might I suggest that the stadium is built further away from my house in Woodingdean, best regards, Ed Bishop".

Yours sincerely

Simon Huffer

PS. I appreciate that space on your letters page is short, but would be most grateful if you were able to print this letter in its entirety.

:clap: :clap:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
mona said:
Excellent letter from HKFC.

Many thanks Mona. I felt it was my turn.

I'm a bit embarrassed about the typo though, and desperately hoping they correct it, or my Mum will tell me off!

I can't believe I could spell 'disingenuous' correctly, then bloody typed 'devepolment'!!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
if Falmer Stadium would encroach into an AONB, how on earth did Brighton Uni (And Susex Uni, the other side of A27) get permission to build/expand their campus?

Did the Falmerettes kick up a stink about these developments?

Having driven past on the Flamer Road, the area where the stadium is hoped to be buit looks like a rough plot of land.. hardly worthy of AONB-

especially as most people would noit give it a 2nd glance, as they should be keeping their eyes on the road!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I love this bit: Let me tell you about my walk last Sunday, from Hove Station to Toads Hole Valley and back via Hove Park. These letters always seem to start this way. They're almost on a par with El Presidente's and Easy 10's poo threads. Never mind that their "offer" of Toad's Hole Valley is a sprat to catch a mackerel. The Cooke (sp?) family know the Albion could not afford the improvements needed there, and it would enable them to gain planning permission for the industrial estate they have always wanted.

Preferred him when he was ridding the world of UFOs........

edbishophr9.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well they haven't printed my response today. The letters editor has decided to have a 'King Alfred' day instead.

Tomorrow perhaps.

Many thanks Mona. I felt it was my turn.

I'm a bit embarrassed about the typo though, and desperately hoping they correct it, or my Mum will tell me off!

I can't believe I could spell 'disingenuous' correctly, then bloody typed 'devepolment'!!

Bad news-the possibility of getting into an ARGUEMENT with your dear old mum.

:lolol:

Good letter though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here