Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Manchester Weather

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:
I think they will contrive a result. Durham need a win to ensure safety, Lancs need a win to stand a realistic chance of taking the title. I reckon Durham will bat and bat, two innings will be forfeited and Lancashire will be asked to overhaul Durham's first innings total and forfeit the 5 potential batting points...
Have you been speaking to Hansie Cronje's bookie? Any leather jackets involved?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
We regularly have conferences in the ground, bloody nice in there too!

:clap2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I disagree that Durham will want to contrive a result. For them a draw with bonus points will be enough to keep them nice and clear if the bottom 2, as they also have a game in hand.

The big risk for them would be to contrive some sort of run chase for Lancs, and then lose; which might only get them 3 or 4 points, putting them right in the mire.

A draw with say 3 batting points for 300 and a full 4 for 9 wickets would give them 11 points I think - plenty.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club said:
It really is a crying shame isn't it?

Even more of a shame is the back page of today's Southampton Daily Echo. "Double Pain for Shane". Hampshires Pro40 promotion hopes were blown by there match last night getting rain ruined. Play did go on long enough, however for poor little Shaney to be led from the field with blood dripping from his head after edging a bouncer through gap above his visor. Bless.

Sorry I've no scanner, or I would share the pictures with you!

?

He was in Canary Wharf today signing his book?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Northstander said:
We regularly have conferences in the ground, bloody nice in there too!

:clap2:
Yes, when it's not full of Mancunians, as it was when I had Ashes tickets last year - "Fookin' ell Bazza, you farted or summat!" *hysterial pissed laughter from blokes looking like Shaun Ryder with a hangover* "Fook off! Have I fook!" Five minutes later. "You 'ave farted Bazza! Smelly coont!" *more laughter* etc etc all day. AND it rained then too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
looks like it's brightening up a bit now...

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The way the puddles have gone from the outfield, I have had a horrible thought that they may have been flavoured with Cider and Sonic is making his way round the pitch removing them one by one!

Just keep the taxman away or they will be starting promptly at 11am tomorrow with a bone dry pitch!

rain rain

:bounce: :bounce:

rain rain

:bounce: :bounce:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sorry, but I've got in after being at work all day. I need somebody to answer this serious question.

How did Wanky get on today? I can't see a score here.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Weather looking quite nice today up there.

Meanwhile, It's been absolutely pissing down all morning here.:nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That pitch will be nice and moist. Hopefully Durham can survive the overs and then push on to around 400. Can't really see Lancs winning from here though.

Err, I mean, it's a certain Lancashire victory. Skittle Durham out for no more than 30 more runs and put on 500 by close.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That pitch will be nice and moist. Hopefully Durham can survive the overs and then push on to around 400. Can't really see Lancs winning from here though.

Err, I mean, it's a certain Lancashire victory. Skittle Durham out for no more than 30 more runs and put on 500 by close.
Yes I agree Chapmanio...the title is within fingertip touch of the Lancy boys. Is Mahmood on fire?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lancs will unboudtedly cut through the remaining wickets like a hot knife through butter, then score 400 for 3 by lunch tomorrow and bowl them out for 39

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here