Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Manchester Weather

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
The piccies posted earlier in this thread are all being replaced by the latest scene from Old Trafford. So we are losing a valuable record of watching grass dry.

13:10 The covers are on, there are no puddles on the outfield, the sky is grey, but no rain appears to be falling.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
13:20 The covers are on, there are no puddles on the outfield, the sky is grey, with one rather brighter patch behind the larger buildings at wide third man, and it's not raining.

Last edited:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I'm happy to report that down here in Cheshire, about 30 miles from Old Trafford, we had a break in rain about an hour ago, it's now raining VERY hard again and thundering so hopefully it will soon reach OT :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Titanic said:
13:20 The covers are on, there are no puddles on the outfield, the sky is grey, with one rather brighter patch behind the larger buildings at wide third man, and it's not raining.

13:30 If anything the sky has darkened somewhat... otherwise no change.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I've been following the webcam all morning with interest. Oh frankly, frankly, frankly, frankly, frankly, frankly Lancashire don't deserve to win the title. This is their biggest game of the season and look at the empty stands! Astonishing.

To increase my joy, I've been watching the joyous webcam pictures from Old Trafford from my own palace of glittering delights in Hove which is 90 second walk from the County Ground, Hove. They could have played cricket here all morning.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Titanic said:
13:30 If anything the sky has darkened somewhat... otherwise no change.

The rain is skirting the SW of Manchester - which part of the city is the cricket ground situated in?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Webcam shows the tower blocks in the distance becoming more hazy - it's raining very close to OT, if not there as well.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
13:40 The weather is definitely closing in again... very dark skies and no signs of action on the outfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here