Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Manchester Weather

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Moshe Gariani said:
:bruised ego stirring: I don't think 1/10 is a serious price surely... have you taken it????

I'm not going to look at Betfair but if Sussex are 1.10 and Lanky something like 3.40 then the "true odds" lie somewhere between... what do the bookies have?

According to Oddschecker, no bookies have prices on this now.

Regardless, I would suggest that due to it's very nature Betfair always has the 'true odds'.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bozza said:
I would suggest that due to it's very nature Betfair always has the 'true odds'.
only when the back and lay prices converge in an active market do you get the true odds...

hard to say without looking but I wouldn't have thought people are really taking the 1.10 Sussex as it is far too short... the fact that the "28/11" (around 3.60?) about Lanky has not been snapped up is however very encouraging - suggests that the shrewdies/weather experts do think the title is heading back to Eaton Road...

I'd be mildly interested in updates of these... also if anyone can answer the original question by looking at the market history (i.e. when did favouritism tip from Lanky to Sussex and what prices have they been backed at?) that would be of interest...

GOSBTS
GOSBTS
OWGUTWTC
FSBTS

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Last time I saw bookmaker odds must have been after Sussex beat Kent and if I remember rightly that was the first time Sussex went favourites, they were 1/1 with Lankys 11/8, can't remember which firm it was though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sussex last bet matched at 1/5, although have been matched as low as 1/9. Sussex have traded as high as 15/1 - can't tell you when but quite some time ago.

Lancashire last matched at 6/1 but have traded as low as 1/2.

I did look on Betfair last week before Sussex had won and best you could get then was 1/3 Sussex.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Trigger said:
Last time I saw bookmaker odds must have been after Sussex beat Kent and if I remember rightly that was the first time Sussex went favourites, they were 1/1 with Lankys 11/8, can't remember which firm it was though.
that sounds about right -

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bozza said:
Sussex last bet matched at 1/5, although have been matched as low as 1/9. Sussex have traded as high as 15/1 - can't tell you when but quite some time ago.

Lancashire last matched at 6/1 but have traded as low as 1/2.

I did look on Betfair last week before Sussex had won and best you could get then was 1/3 Sussex.
interesting... the extreme values are misleading as you always get a few loonies/drunkards matching at "wrong" prices...

the Sussex 1/5 sounds about right now (depending on the weather forecast)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Large One said:
Don't let the 'purists' see that.

GOSBTS
GOSBTS
OWGUAWWTC
FSBTS

...is what they'll say. :rolleyes:
OWGUTWTC is the definitive cricket version

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
current.jpg

not a big turnout either

The Northstander said:
When does it "Not" rain Manchester?

:glare:
Local weather lore has it that if you can see the Pennines from Manchester, it means it's going to rain. If you can't see the Pennines, it means it's raining already.

Serves them right for living there.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd say that the heavy rain now over Birmingham is about and hour and a 20 mins away from Manchester, so just about the end fo the lunch interval. Of course that is based upon the area of rain staying as it currently is, which is unlikely, as it's tending to develop and then fade as it moves North.

However, as long as it doesn't simply evaporate they will get another heavy spell of rain at about 1:20 or so.

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/radar/animation.html

Papa

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Papa Lazarou said:
However, as long as it doesn't simply evaporate they will get another heavy spell of rain at about 1:20 or so.
that would be very frustrating for them I imagine

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
gazwag said:
current.jpg

not a big turnout either

The puddles have gone on the outfield though, so they are making progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here