Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Heavy Snow in BN3 area - Match On or Off?

You can never tell really. If it is going to be postponed it will be decided at about 7 or some ridiculously time close to kickoff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Worth checking the BBC travel news here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sussex/roads/unplanned/

This makes me worried: A26 Kent - Severe delays, queueing traffic and hazardous driving conditions on A26 London Road in both directions between the A264 Church Road junction in Tunbridge Wells and Earwig Corner in Lewes, because of snow.

And this: A22 East Sussex - Hazardous driving conditions and queueing traffic on A22 in both directions between the B2102 junction in Uckfield and Boship Roundabout in Hailsham, because of ice and snow.

I think if the game does go ahead, a lot of people who do decide to travel may well find themselves arriving after kick off. All things considered tonight, it just isn't worth it for me. :(

Latest update on Radio Sussex about 30 seconds ago - game still on.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It would be heplful if they'd keep us updated though, whats said on the official site hasn't changed since it was first put up but conditions have.

The official site says that
Marketing manager Ken Brown said 2we are hopeful that the game will go ahead, currently the pitch is playable and the surrounding areas will be cleared in good time. We will comtinue to monitor the situation and if there are any changes, updates will be made via the club's website and local media

So reading that i would assume that nothing has changed yet and they still believe that they can clear the surrounding area and be able to stage the game safely so need for a further update yet.

Its probably more likely to be given the go ahead in a 50 / 50 situation as Gus and the club are very keen to play it tonight to avoid an additional fixture being added to the backlog (so far Colchester and Yeovil) However if it is called off it would probably be fairly late as they want to give it every chance of being staged.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
NSC Gold :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Man up you lot. I'm fully expecting Mendoza to turn up in FLIP FLOPS.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes correct, let people that fall into those categories make their own reasoned, and experienced minds up.

It just pains me to hear local and national media sensationalise all manner of weather events such as this. How in gods name would we all cope if we lived in Canada?

Some of us would clearly be entrenched in our own homes from October through to March and most likely starve to death before risk a walk on a little bit of crunchy ground.
If we lived in Canada we'd be used to it.

That's like saying we're rubbish because the game would be called off if a load of bears and haughty French speakers were released into the crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here