Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Well, im making a decision not to go - cant see it going the distance even if it does start. Plus, id rather go to the pub and be warm

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whatever happened to allowing human adults the ability to make up their OWN minds.

For f*cks sake. If you the game is on and you want to go then by all means take things carefully but still go. Bloody health and safety brigade.

because if someone slips over and breaks their leg, they'll sue the council or the club, or both !

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Plan to leave crowborough early to give extra time to drive there anyone need a lift

Worth checking the BBC travel news here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sussex/roads/unplanned/

This makes me worried: A26 Kent - Severe delays, queueing traffic and hazardous driving conditions on A26 London Road in both directions between the A264 Church Road junction in Tunbridge Wells and Earwig Corner in Lewes, because of snow.

And this: A22 East Sussex - Hazardous driving conditions and queueing traffic on A22 in both directions between the B2102 junction in Uckfield and Boship Roundabout in Hailsham, because of ice and snow.

Right... having been down there for the last 2 hours and seen the pitch and the stands, it should be on. The snow has set on the pitch and the covers are off and they are currently blowing away the snow as it is obscuring the lines on the pitch. I personally felt the pitch looked a bit hard yet every member of the ground staff I have spoken to have been very easy going and said it "should" be on. Also spoke to Gus and his reply to the same question was " Fuckin hell, I'm not playing so I don't care".

Just to add the stand and running track are not frozen in any way shape or form and neither is the outside of the ground.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Someone from work tried to get home fron Brighton to Crawley and spent an hour getting past Three Bridges, another turned around after an hour and a hlaf and has given up and come back to the office to wait until the traffic sorts itself out.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Decision made, really disappointed if it goes ahead and I'm not there but I am staying in Kent tonight. Roads look to much like hard work and I think this could be Gillingham all over again when I got to Mill Road to hear it was off and drove straight back.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can't believe how fairweather some people are! Even if there was only 1% chance of it going ahead and I had to trek across the Andes to get there I'd still do it for a bit of footy.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well if you lot aren't going then I've no chance of getting there from Preston Park, its way too far!!! Plus my winky is all shrivelled!!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I can't believe how fairweather some people are! Even if there was only 1% chance of it going ahead and I had to trek across the Andes to get there I'd still do it for a bit of footy.

I dont think anyone who goes to Withdean can be called fairweather !

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I am only saying what the radio said and thinking of people safety - you also need to think about people that have mobilty issues and the elderly and young

Yes correct, let people that fall into those categories make their own reasoned, and experienced minds up.

It just pains me to hear local and national media sensationalise all manner of weather events such as this. How in gods name would we all cope if we lived in Canada?

Some of us would clearly be entrenched in our own homes from October through to March and most likely starve to death before risk a walk on a little bit of crunchy ground.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If only Diana were still alive. She'd know what to do.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Said Notters in BN1! I'll be giving it a go but suspect I'll be late - even if it goes ahead.

Good on you lad, it's the effort that counts. I'd be down there helping them to clear the concourses if I didn't have a slipped disc :s

This could easily turn into one of the great NSC threads of the future ...

Do you remember the night we all tried to get to Withdean to watch Notts County?

... or even tomorrow ...

Just back from the game. It's 5.30 am and England are slaughtering the Aussies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here