Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Today’s Euros Games

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They had a record 80odd % possession against Sweden and about 75 % possession against Poland, and pretty much nothing to show for it.

Most teams in this tournament would have thrashed Slovakia on today's showing. The defending was atrocious beyond belief!

We'd have scored 1 and shut up shop, for sure.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Interesting how this all shaping up, given the talk of throwing the final group game for a supposedly easier draw. It’s looking quite possible that 5 out of the top 6 ranked sides in Europe are all going to be in one half of the draw, the one that isn’t being England. It’s also possible that Denmark will be the highest ranked side in our half of the draw.

The one thing that would ruin all that is the ‘wrong’ result for France against Portugal, meaning they could finish second and face England. Trouble is, do they now look at the top half of the draw and do everything in their power to keep themselves out of it?

Permutation-wise, I think this will dictate who England face:

France win / Germany win: Germany
France win / Germany draw: Germany
France win / Hungary win: Hungary
France draw / Germany win: France
France draw / Germany draw: Germany
France draw / Hungary win: Hungary
France lose / Germany win: Germany
France lose / Germany draw: France
France lose / Hungary win: France or Hungary (depending on GD)

If I’ve worked it out correctly, we cannot face Portugal. Germany seems the most likely, both in terms of how many times they’re thrown up by the permutations and the likelihood of the results. In the event that Hungary win, it’s highly likely they’d finish second - that’s obviously the ticket everyone wants but their odds are 28/1 so seems unlikely.

In the big scheme of things, Germany wouldn’t be a bad draw. 13th in the world compared to France (2nd) and Portugal (5th). I think that’s quite likely, and I wouldn’t be too unhappy with it on reflection - particularly with another quarter final against Sweden (or Czech Republic) as the prize.

We just need those cheese eating surrender monkeys not to pull a fast one!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Interesting how this all shaping up, given the talk of throwing the final group game for a supposedly easier draw. It’s looking quite possible that 5 out of the top 6 ranked sides in Europe are all going to be in one half of the draw, the one that isn’t being England. It’s also possible that Denmark will be the highest ranked side in our half of the draw.

The one thing that would ruin all that is the ‘wrong’ result for France against Portugal, meaning they could finish second and face England. Trouble is, do they now look at the top half of the draw and do everything in their power to keep themselves out of it?

Permutation-wise, I think this will dictate who England face:

France win / Germany win: Germany
France win / Germany draw: Germany
France win / Hungary win: Hungary
France draw / Germany win: France
France draw / Germany draw: Germany
France draw / Hungary win: Hungary
France lose / Germany win: Germany
France lose / Germany draw: France
France lose / Hungary win: France or Hungary (depending on GD)

If I’ve worked it out correctly, we cannot face Portugal. Germany seems the most likely, both in terms of how many times they’re thrown up by the permutations and the likelihood of the results. In the event that Hungary win, it’s highly likely they’d finish second - that’s obviously the ticket everyone wants but their odds are 28/1 so seems unlikely.

In the big scheme of things, Germany wouldn’t be a bad draw. 13th in the world compared to France (2nd) and Portugal (5th). I think that’s quite likely, and I wouldn’t be too unhappy with it on reflection - particularly with another quarter final against Sweden (or Czech Republic) as the prize.

We just need those cheese eating surrender monkeys not to pull a fast one!

Looking good right now!

Oh - hang on, the table on TV shows Portugal as second place at the moment....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not overly bothered who finishes where .... Southgate has been planning for this moment for years and I for one have total confidence in his managerial ability (as long as he wears his magic waist coat) and our wonderfully talented team to rise to the occasion [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Looking good right now!

Oh - hang on, the table on TV shows Portugal as second place at the moment....

You’re right, sorry. Portugal stay above on head-to-head.

We need the Hungarians to hold on and France to win.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone who saw that incredible interaction between Lewandowski and the crossbar should feel better about Neal Maupay and Aaron Connolly. When the second header came off the woodwork, you'd have thought he just had to stand there and let the ball rebound off him into goal but he somehow managed to let it go between his knees. And that's arguably the best striker in Europe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, Danilo is faking.

Edit, maybe not.

Edit, should of saved that.

As it stands we are playing br'er frog.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
80% Cliff Richard, 20% Grace Jones 1, France 0

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
How can the French players argue about that pen? Lloris punched him clean in the head

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Germany should have known better than to elect to play in black shirts :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here