Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today I shall be mostly helping to canvass for the Tory Party in BN1

D

Deleted User X18H

After leafleting in Balfour Road, Chester Terrace, Waldegrave Road, Lucerne Road , Southdown Road , Southdown Avenue Stanford Avenue and Beaconsfield Villas today. I did notice a Green poster every 9 or so houses on average. However Conservatives by definition are just that a lot don't flaunt their political opinion in the bay window. So I expect it is about 8/1 in favour of the tories in BN1.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is that the sound of the bottom of a barrel being rigorously scraped?

Tiddles, you have no idea of what it's like around here - so please don't pretend you do.

Nope, means the tories will win

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After leafleting in Balfour Road, Chester Terrace, Waldegrave Road, Lucerne Road , Southdown Road , Southdown Avenue Stanford Avenue and Beaconsfield Villas today. I did notice a Green poster every 9 or so houses on average. However Conservatives by definition are just that a lot don't flaunt their political opinion in the bay window. So I expect it is about 8/1 in favour of the tories in BN1.

Certain amount of truth there Tim (?). Here in BN3 my next door but one neighbour is proudly displaying a 'Celia Barlow, Labour' poster in her rented property with umpteen chavvy kids living with her.

I thought about putting up a Tory jobbie but then thought, 'why lower myself?', maybe the result could be surprising if a lot of Conservative voters think like me?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Certain amount of truth there Tim (?). Here in BN3 my next door but one neighbour is proudly displaying a 'Celia Barlow, Labour' poster in her rented property with umpteen chavvy kids living with her.

I thought about putting up a Tory jobbie but then thought, 'why lower myself?', maybe the result could be surprising if a lot of Conservative voters think like me?

Hove is going Tory, no question, but that's not the point.

Tim is trying to convince himself that the area he has canvassed is going to vote Tory because he has leafleted it. His reasoning? One house in nine has a Labour or Green poster in it. Therefore the rest are Tory.

But your agument is no more or less valid than Green or Labour voters not putting posters in their windows in, say, Patcham or Westdene.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah and a lot of these Green supporters have Steptoe like front gardens I saw a Hillman Imp in one.

Will they really stop their yoga or cooking up tofu surprise to go out and mix with the nasty old regular members of society who don't wear 'save the whale' t - shirts on May 6th?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yeah and a lot of these Green supporters have Steptoe like front gardens I saw a Hillman Imp in one.

Will they really stop their yoga or cooking up tofu surprise to go out and mix with the nasty old regular members of society who don't wear 'save the whale' t - shirts on May 6th?

You really are stunningly ignorant.

You do your party no favours either. I'm glad you don't represent any organisations I'm a member of

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
However Conservatives by definition are just that a lot don't flaunt their political opinion in the bay window. So I expect it is about 8/1 in favour of the tories in BN1.

Don't flaunt it in that very specific way or don't flaunt it at all?

D

Deleted User X18H

You really are stunningly ignorant.

You do your party no favours either. I'm glad you don't represent any organisations I'm a member of

A Green MP in my opinion will devalue Brighton's reputation. When things like the Falmer Stadium and the Brighton Marathon will enhance it. 'Oh yeah Brighton, they've got a Green MP tee hee'

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
i was having a drink in a pub on a very posh road in south London the other night and virtually every posh house had a Vote Tory sign masted in their perfectly-groomed front gardens. I am not sure if they are the classless blues that most Conservatives therefore despise for their callous showmanship.
I always find it funny how the tories can really arrange themselves as a group, a collective unit, considering everything about them concerns the improvement of the individual, often at the cost of their neighbour if possible.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A Green MP in my opinion will devalue Brighton's reputation. When things like the Falmer Stadium and the Brighton Marathon will enhance it. 'Oh yeah Brighton, they've got a Green MP tee hee'

Will it bollocks.

Your idea of what you want Brighton to be (full of Brightonians only, inward-looking, regressive, bigoted) doesn't really gel with many others' idea, including those who actually add something culturally, financially and socially - none of which considerations could ever be levelled at you.

Green Party politics might be alien and abhorrent to you, but it could be argued that having a Green Party MP, might be seen as being indicative of a city that doesn't follow the pre-determined national pattern and is, by inference, independent-thinking, again something no-one could accurately accuse you of being.

Ignorance doesn't even come close with you.

And why mention Falmer Stadium and the marathon? What has that got to do with anything?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sorry if it's fixtures, but I thought you'd defected to the Fiberals, Tim. If you've got so much free time on your hands, why don't you come up and help us in Battersea?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't flaunt it to persons who have not subscribed to some specific environment.

I have no idea what that gobbledygook means.

However, I'm going to take it as meaning something like "Tories don't flaunt their political preferences."

Maybe we have different flavours of Tory here but they are flaunting their preference massively. There are blue 'Vote Fox' signs, very similar to estate agent sale boards, in front gardens everywhere around here. So much so that I commented to my better half that "Dr Liam Fox must have one hell of a majority around here, judging by the signs everywhere."

I've just checked now and his majority is not that big at all.

D

Deleted User X18H

Will it bollocks.

Your idea of what you want Brighton to be (full of Brightonians only, inward-looking, regressive, bigoted) doesn't really gel with many others' idea, including those who actually add something culturally, financially and socially - none of which considerations could ever be levelled at you.

Green Party politics might be alien and abhorrent to you, but it could be argued that having a Green Party MP, might be seen as being indicative of a city that doesn't follow the pre-determined national pattern and is, by inference, independent-thinking, again something no-one could accurately accuse you of being.

Ignorance doesn't even come close with you.

I know I am far away from ignorance, thank you, it is very kind of you to say that, cheers.

However,in my opinion we all need to vote in relation to the national agenda and get this country back on track .Dr Lucas, however wonderful she might be, cannot do that with one seat in a constituency she doesn't really have a great knowledge of. In my Brighton candidates quiz in which she finished 2nd (and has quoted twice on the hustings) most of her answers were sadly Wiki quotes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here