Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Agdestein

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Agdestein has potential but i don't think he's going to be amazing. Debatable if he will shine at championship level imo

He's only young. I really hope a few more development lads push on and establish themselves in the first team, we have some really technically gifted youngsters..

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I thought he linked up well with Bruno at first. Gus then sent him over the other side and Hoskins dropped into Toby's place.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
My Brentford supporting friend said something about them wanting Agdestein on loan, I'm sure it'd be beneficial for him.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He seems like he has shot up a inch or so and bulked out. Looks really strong and I'm sure he will feature much more this season. Great scouting!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
He's only young. I really hope a few more development lads push on and establish themselves in the first team, we have some really technically gifted youngsters..

Yes for sure, time will tell. I just get the feeling he's not going to be quite top level but decent. May be completely wrong of course

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"Toby has been with us for a while and he is looking like the striker that we have been trying to get. He is going to stay with us now because he is looking like a first-team player." - Gus after the Lewes game.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
I'm sure Gus will be pleased to hear I completely agree with him! When he played through the middle he looked strong, fast and his 1st touch was magnificent. He also looked sharper than everyone else on the pitch. Unless Hoskins ends up leaving (hope he doesnt, deserves more of a chance) I dont think we should be looking to spend a large part of our transfer wedge on a galactico type striker. Much rather we used that money for a dominant midfielder, Bridcutt aside I felt the central midfielders didnt exactly impose themselves. I know it was only our 2nd pre season game and its all about fitness at the moment, would hope they are trying to play their way into the starting line up as well

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sure Gus will be pleased to hear I completely agree with him!

I dont think we should be looking to spend a large part of our transfer wedge on a galactico type striker. Much rather we used that money for a dominant midfielder, Bridcutt aside I felt the central midfielders didnt exactly impose themselves

I'm sure you'll be delighted I completely agree with you

Have been saying I'd hope we spend our £££ on a really effective box to box fella and use what we have up front, hadn't really considered Toby tbf. But think could be in a minority ... the Rhodes/Santa Cruz etc camp is pretty well supported

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Toby's could do it by my reckoning as could jfc but let's still get sidwell and Rhodes and zaha (no not him we got better wingers)

It's like panini stickers got, got, need, need, that one you need to burn.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Agdestein has potential but i don't think he's going to be amazing. Debatable if he will shine at championship level imo

Having seen in in the matches he played last year, I don't agree.

He pretty much changed the Peterborough game in our favour when he came on at London Road and as another poster said, he terrorised the Palace defence against them at the Smellhurst.

I think this lad has something very special I would like to see him go out on loan to a league 1 side for the experience in the first half of the season and then come back for our promotion push.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Having seen in in the matches he played last year, I don't agree.

He pretty much changed the Peterborough game in our favour when he came on at London Road and as another poster said, he terrorised the Palace defence against them at the Smellhurst.

I think this lad has something very special I would like to see him go out on loan to a league 1 side for the experience in the first half of the season and then come back for our promotion push.

If you take the post match comments by Gus literally he's going nowhere

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Hopefully he gets the chance to prove himself in the championship.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, he was excellent at Posh... it looks like Gus will stick him on bench and not out on loan... very positive comments from the manager... nice one Toby...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Been pretty impressed whenever I've seen him. He was terrific at Peterborough.

Just needs to get a bit sharper in front of goal and we can save big bucks on buying a striker and splash it all on a midfield destroyer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here