Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To Those Peple Who Wanted McGhee Sacked...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
mr cgull said:
To all those people who were appalled by our progress under McGhee and insisted on him being ousted, I hope you are getting a well deserved reality check.

Not at all. Wilkins has a large rebuilding job on his hands after picking up the mess that McGhee left behind. That rebuilding job will not be done overnight.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
NMH said:

Mcghee successfully stripped the side down to, what appears to be, a hopeful squad of triers who are now punching above their weight - just like we did with the handicap of MM (tactical genius) on the sideline.
In The Championship last year, we were fielding a 1st Division side, and this season we're fielding a 2nd Division side. No wonder we struggle, it's another foregone.

Nothing to do with the fact that the chairman took the millions we got for the players and handed over a few thousand to replace those and conveniently went missing when McGhee had three players line up on transfer day?
Exactly who has stripped the squad?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yes , knight you owe us . we deserved a bigger name + you gave us cheap option. no better than mcghee. disgraceful

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: To Those Peple Who Wanted McGhee Sacked...

Happy Seagull said:
When McGhee came in he inherited a winning successful team. Now he's gone and Wilkins has been left with a shambles to sort out.

British Bulldog said:
Not at all. Wilkins has a large rebuilding job on his hands after picking up the mess that McGhee left behind. That rebuilding job will not be done overnight.

I said i wouldn't anwser this thread but these post have it spot on.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
brightonfan_86 said:
We have this debate about him every f***ing time we lose with Wilkins in charge, I for one is getting sick of it.

For the first time Kev, I'm getting sick of you. This "Get over it" thing. You talk about it like its a small thing. The decision that DK took to sack McGhee is going to play a massive part in the clubs downfall. If you dont think thats worth talking about then I suppose thats up to you, but I certainly think it is certainly still worth discussing. In fact I wouldnt be suprised if we are still arguing/discussing it in 5 or 6 years time.

chez said:
For the first time Kev, I'm getting sick of you. This "Get over it" thing. You talk about it like its a small thing. The decision that DK took to sack McGhee is going to play a massive part in the clubs downfall. If you dont think thats worth talking about then I suppose thats up to you, but I certainly think it is certainly still worth discussing. In fact I wouldnt be suprised if we are still arguing/discussing it in 5 or 6 years time.

Utter tosh. We'll move on from the rubbish football McGhee gave us eventually. I'll be surprised if anyone remembers him next season.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Happy Seagull said:
Utter tosh. We'll move on from the rubbish football McGhee gave us eventually. I'll be surprised if anyone remembers him next season.

You're are a deluded fool. McGhee will be remembered as a manager who got us playing at a standard well above that we should have been and also when looking back will be in the top 3 of "worst treated managers ever" by BHAFC.

Mark McGhee. :bowdown: :bowdown:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
People seem to forget, McGhee inherted a winning, successfull team which, over a period of 3 years, he systematically dismanteled. He has fallen out with many of our good players and replaced them with donkeys. McGhee was found out after 3 years of poor signings and selling/falling out with all our decent players.

Wilkins however, has inherited a losing, failing team, and has been forced to try and improve it by bringing in youngsters. We have to give Wilkins time to re-build the team and stop putting so much pressure on.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
paddy said:
People seem to forget, McGhee inherted a winning, successfull team which, over a period of 3 years, he systematically dismanteled. He has fallen out with many of our good players and replaced them with donkeys. McGhee was found out after 3 years of poor signings and selling/falling out with all our decent players.

Wilkins however, has inherited a losing, failing team, and has been forced to try and improve it by bringing in youngsters. We have to give Wilkins time to re-build the team and stop putting so much pressure on.

Granted he took over a half decent team., but at the end of the day it was a league 1 team. He got that team into the Championship and had us competing against International players week in week out.

For systematically dismantled read got rid of bad eggs or had to sell to stay in business. Dont tell me your unhappy Leon Knight & CKR have gone.

The last point about Wilkins inheriting a losing,failing team I agrre with. Now that he has got the job pressure shouldnt be put on him. Surely though that is bad chairmanship, the pressure is going to be in the manager from early on as Brighton fans arent going to accept being in the lower reaches of League 1, knowing that I feel that DK should have appointed an experienced manager that is used to handling pressure.

goldstone said:
Facts:

1. He fell out with CKR who is now starting games in the Premiership. We got 150k for him. Sign of a good manager?

2. He fell out with Kuipers who fortunately has settled his differences with the club. Sign of a good manager?

3. He got us relegated last season because he could not settle with one striking partnership and let them settle down and get used to playing together. Sign of a good manager?

What a crock.

1) If you think a personality clash with McGhee is the reason why CKR wanted to leave, then you are utterly deluded, he wanted more money, end off. CKR was sold 8 days before McGhee was sacked. If a personality clash was the problem, why would Dick Knight have sold him knowing the manager was about to go too? The FACT is Knight knew CKR wanted out whoever was in charge because he was chasing money and Prem bright lights.

2) Just insert the words Henderson instead of Kuipers. Does that prove Wilkins is a bad manager? Of course not. Your double standards are a FACT.

3) We were relegated last season because we had League 1 standard players. No amount of combinations worked, for you to suggest one striker combination would have if we'd played them all season is utter bullshit. We needed better strikers, which the club could not afford. FACT.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Happy Seagull said:
When McGhee came in he inherited a winning successful team. Now he's gone and Wilkins has been left with a shambles to sort out.
:clap: :clap:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Happy Seagull said:

But Wilkins was here too when McGhee was 'turning the team into a shambles' surely he should've grown a set and interjected? didn't Mcghee inherit a team on the back of some defeats? didn't he get us to the Championship? didn't he keep us there? yes we got relegated and didnt start to great, but thats because we're rubbish isn't it? We cant reinforce what is essentially a very average side, no ones fault at the club at present just part and parcel of being a Seagull.

Happy Seagull said:

A successful winning team? Do you mean the team that lost against Bournemouth, hammered at Brentford, lost at Withdean to one of the worst teams in the league Stockport, lost to Lincoln in the cup and then 4-1 to Bristol?

Yeah, that was a team that was so great it could have just managed itself. :rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's just forget about McGhee. He's the past and is unlikely to get a new job in football for a while.

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here