Votes: 14 19.2%
  • I really don't give a toss

Votes: 24 32.9%

• Total voters

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If people aren't bright enough to use the search function, that's their problem. If they did we wouldn't end up with a forum full of the same crap.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If people aren't bright enough to use the search function, that's their problem. If they did we wouldn't end up with a forum full of the same crap.

Very rarely do we end up with a forum full of the same crap, as us caring mods in just about every occasion merge the same threads together, its called "Cleaning Up".........

Sorry...forgot to add......not everyone has the time to do searchs, i for one dont

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
التركيبات

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't mind fixtures, but people saying:

1) "this" after quoting someone.
2) the facepalm smilie which has been done to death already
3) smilie only posts, naming no names there...
4) threads like this that end up with people hilariously doing everything people say annoys them.
5) "simples"

really piss me off

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very rarely do we end up with a forum full of the same crap, as us caring mods in just about every occasion merge the same threads together, its called "Cleaning Up".........

Sorry...forgot to add......not everyone has the time to do searchs, i for one dont

As for your first point, that's fair enough. Mods do usually do a pretty good job at cleaning up the forum, I was being a tad dramatic!

But your point of "Not everyone has the time to do searches" isn't a particularly valid one. Surely if you have the time to log on to NSC and start a new thread, you can spare 20 seconds of your day to type one or two key words into the search box? A search will take you less time than trawling the first 2-3 pages you might not have read since you last logged in.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
As for your first point, that's fair enough. Mods do usually do a pretty good job at cleaning up the forum, I was being a tad dramatic!

But your point of "Not everyone has the time to do searches" isn't a particularly valid one. Surely if you have the time to log on to NSC and start a new thread, you can spare 20 seconds of your day to type one or two key words into the search box? A search will take you less time than trawling the first 2-3 pages you might not have read since you last logged in.

A while back i posted some pictures that i thought were good, funny and i had not seen them before, I did actually do a quick search and nothing came up, it became apparent the pics had been seen before on here, many times, but I had never seen them before, on here or anywhere else.

With all due respect you say "2 to 3 pages you might not have seen since last logging in", the vast majority of people do not go past the first page (me included many times) what has gone, has gone as far as i am concerned, however if a post/ thread is reported for some reason I will look / search for it, regardless of what page it might be on.

To also underline my point, does it really matter if someone puts up something that others (not everyone) has seen or heard about before? personally i don't think so.

When i go away on holiday, like many, NSC is not something i concern myself with, and the 1 or 2 weeks i have been away I most certainly don't get home and search through page after page to see whats happened whilst i have been away.

It's quite simple, as i have pointed out before, peoples usage of NSC differs so much not everyone see's everything, not even the Almighty himself, Sir Bozza :bowdown: I think post counts often show who has more time on here than others.

I do respect your point of view though :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"What he/she said" seems to have died

What he said.

Fixtures should stay. I find myself saying it to people, who look at me with a blank expression.

Surely we can get it in the Oxford Dictionary as an alternative use of the word.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
While we are at it then....when people say ....."such n such a player is available"...and then the dreaded..........."Could do a job"!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

but is that job a footballer or working at mcDonald's? It should be clearer :tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here