Votes: 14 19.2%
  • I really don't give a toss

Votes: 24 32.9%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For the uninitiated, can someone please explain how 'fixtures' originated?

By the fact that every year, particularly in the run-up to the fixtures being published, at least 51 different NSC posters will start a thread asking when the FIXTURES are out, despite the entire first page being FESTOONED with threads already asking when they are coming out.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Sometimes it's more appropriate than others. I blame the BBC/Yahoo websites' MOST POPULAR STORIES NOW, which are often weeks old. Plus anything copied and pasted from the club website or the Argus a day later.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For the uninitiated, can someone please explain how 'fixtures' originated?
In the old days on NSC as soon as the season had ended someone would invariably ask 'When are the fixtures out?' The question would be answered and that woiuld be it for a couple of days. Then someone else would start a thread saying 'When are the fixtures out?' The question would be answered again, then it would go quiet again before a third thread would be started. Then a fourth. Then a fifth. And so on until the fixtures were published.

Consequently the same topic being raised more than once is said to be 'fixturing'. Like 'binfest' it's one of NSC's very own contributions to the English language.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think to self appointed fixture police, do a fantastic job in not only tidying up this place. But deterring newbies from being brave enough to post, cos we don't want the likes of them here anyway.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
In the old days on NSC as soon as the season had ended someone would invariably ask 'When are the fixtures out?' The question would be answered and that woiuld be it for a couple of days. Then someone else would start a thread saying 'When are the fixtures out?' The question would be answered again, then it would go quiet again before a third thread would be started. Then a fourth. Then a fifth. And so on until the fixtures were published.

Consequently the same topic being raised more than once is said to be 'fixturing'. Like 'binfest' it's one of NSC's very own contributions to the English language.

:clap2:

Thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"What he/she said" seems to have died

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.

Ffffffff. . .

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.

Ffffffff. . .
Oh, let me give the standard, slightly huffy, response when an allegation of 'fixtures' has been made ...

Well pardon me for not spending all my time on NSC reading every single post on every single thread. I do have a life away from here you know.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was under the impression that fixtures is an NSC institution, but some people actually seem to be upset by it. Should the NSC fixtures tradition continue or not?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
f I had my way, anyone who uses the word should be banned. It's juvenile and frankly pathetic.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here