Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - The Staying Up Tracker - season 21-22 Final Update - 11 ABOVE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just gone through the fixtures, struggling to see how we get more than 5 points from the remaining and that’s with 1 at wolves just because we always do well v them.
I'll have a bet that we get more than 5. Winnings to the Trussell Trust, who'll need it.

1e4b973ccad44aa1da03abff9eeb1e11.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know, I know! Shambolic effort from me. Laptop got left at work, no access etc, blah blah blah. I know you don't care!!

Anyway, how fantastic was that! We have totally destroyed London this season, marvellous.

4 points ahead and I may as well go and sit on the beach like our players did for 7 games :)

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 32a.png
    NSC Fixtures 32a.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 403
  • NSC Graph 32a.png
    NSC Graph 32a.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 388

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Same as above. Nothing else to say.

Please let us actually win at home on Sunday.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Same as above. Nothing else to say.

Please let us actually win at home on Sunday.

Our home form feels even more frustrating when we consider our incredible away form. We need to find a plan B to unlock disciplined sides, or get some lucky scenarios to open up the scoring

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To Avoid Potter Bashing - The Staying Up Tracker - season 21-22 Game 33 Update - 4 ABOVE

Our home form feels even more frustrating when we consider our incredible away form. We need to find a plan B to unlock disciplined sides, or get some lucky scenarios to open up the scoring

We got a lucky scenario against Norwich (handball) which didn’t work.

Southampton would have watched the Norwich game in detail. They’ll do what most away teams do at the Amex; sit back, be hyper-organised and compact whilst waiting patiently for the 2 or 3 chances they’ll get to nick the game. As yet, I don’t think we have the personnel to break down those tactics (which we rarely see away) although starting with Sarmiento would certainly get the crowd going.

We’ll have a better chance if they try and play like Burnley and hope for another of our worst performances under Potter’s stewardship.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We got a lucky scenario against Norwich (handball) which didn’t work.

Southampton would have watched the Norwich game in detail. They’ll do what most away teams do at the Amex; sit back, be hyper-organised and compact whilst waiting patiently for the 2 or 3 chances they’ll get to nick the game. As yet, I don’t think we have the personnel to break down those tactics (which we rarely see away) although starting with Sarmiento would certainly get the crowd going.

We’ll have a better chance if they try and play like Burnley and hope for another of our worst performances under Potter’s stewardship.

We frustrated Man City by being disciplined and somehow the ball falls to Mahrez in our box for them to take the lead. Ultimately how we have been playing at home hasn't got the desired results and seeing Sarmiento maybe the answer

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Full update.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 33.png
    NSC Fixtures 33.png
    74 KB · Views: 237
  • NSC Graph 33.png
    NSC Graph 33.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 237

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the league table which oddly shows Burnley climbing above both Everton and Leeds. Can't see it myself. They have two key games v Villa. I guess if Villa don't care that could help them get the 4 points "predicted".

Also note there are only 4 points between 10th (great season) and 15th (meh). The margins are so small.

Attachments

• NSC Others 33.png
    NSC Others 33.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 231

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm looking at that United game and think we have a really big chance to win.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the seasonal comparison which really how rare this end of season "rally" is.

Attachments

• NSC All Seasons Comparison.png
    NSC All Seasons Comparison.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 238

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm looking at that United game and think we have a really big chance to win.

I concur. If ever a team was going to limp cowardly to the end of the season it's United this season. Half the team want to leave, the other half know the new manager will want them leave. There for the taking!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And for anyone asking we are 12 points behind Europe tracker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here