Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - The Staying Up Tracker - season 21-22 Final Update - 11 ABOVE

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Amazing we only got to -2 below the tracker even after that horrendous run.

Not really. we were 7 over. It was a swing of 9 points over 6 games, which included two games in which the tracker didn't expect us to gain any points, so effectively a 9 point swing based on 4 results.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Aside from Man City when we might as well put out the Under-21's, I think there are points to be had from everyone else?

For example Southampton got their arses handed to them yesterday and Man Utd don't look all that either.

Beating Dirty Leeds would of course be the topping on a very rich cake...

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Only on 9 occasions has the tracker's actual and target points matched, with 6 of those matches coming in 2021 and 3 in 2022. I guess this could be a further indicator of how inconsistent the second half of our season has been.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And -12 at home and +13 away, crazy!

If we could only get our home form sorted out.
Makes a difference from a few seasons ago when they didn't win away for what seemed like all season!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Aside from Man City when we might as well put out the Under-21's, I think there are points to be had from everyone else?

For example Southampton got their arses handed to them yesterday and Man Utd don't look all that either.

Beating Dirty Leeds would of course be the topping on a very rich cake...

Tottenham and Wolves look fairly strong

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Only on 9 occasions has the tracker's actual and target points matched, with 6 of those matches coming in 2021 and 3 in 2022. I guess this could be a further indicator of how inconsistent the second half of our season has been.

A point I made last season, mainly to derision. Never mind that "staying up" won't be the target forever more unless Tone was lying about top ten.

I know. Heresy. Burn me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a function of aiming for all home games against bottom 10 to be won and every away game drawn; it would make far more sense to award 2 points for both.

I have a feeling that Potter targets each game as it comes, in a bespoke manner. You can only play the match you are in. Admittedly he could, as some have intimated, play the U23s against Citeh, and save his best players for a 'winnable' match, but, he won't. He'll pick the team he considers best placed to get a point or three.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Calling the legend Mr Giraffe
1e4b973ccad44aa1da03abff9eeb1e11.gif

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Two points dropped. We can't score. We may never score again. Certainly not at home. Thank goodness we are away from home for the next 3 games.

Nine points from those games will see us on +7. No worries.

Two down, one to go!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sorry everyone I am departed from my laptop! But waheyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
*drums fingers* :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here