Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all those who left early

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
2nd goal this season Will Buckley has saved for the early leavers. Great celebration right in front of us as well

Only saw it on highlights show. I was too busy twirling my scarf and being handled by those around me :lol:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
The thought of those early leavers hearing the cheers as they walked away from the stadium and thinking 'oh bugger' adds an extra dimension to an already great afternoon. :clap:
These people - do they leave a meal before the dessert or a film before the killer is unmasked, during sex do they... :banana:

Gee you heard of coming early..lol

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any uber-fans still at the game?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Same here, before the FLS for all I knew the players could celebrated the goal naked and I wouldn't have known...

Be a change wouldnt it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For those people who want to get home half an hour early - why don't you just arrive half an hour late - you've spent the same amount of time at the Amex and no chance of missing the late winner?

serious question.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We are J.L.E.s and we don't care what you plastics think.

Sorry to disappoint you all but we were not gutted we missed the goal, we were just happy we had scored!

And Yes we will still be leaving early for the rest of the season.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I think it's really weird that some people go down to the concourse on 35 mins, get back to their seats on 55 mins and go home anytime around 80 mins (depending on score/quality of footy) I mean, WHAT is the point? Would they do this at the theatre or a cinema? I've never left early, NEVER, and I never will. If you can't spare the time to stay and support the team properly, then don't bother coming. Simples. We are blessed with nice, roomy seats at the AMEX, but it's still a pain in the arsene wenger having to keep jumping up to let these people in and out 😡.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If you have a season ticket for ANY football club , or take the time out to go to a football match to support a club on a certain day, then this says to me that you have allotted that time /day for football, travelling and queing etc etc so why hell do you need to leave early ???
Some people in the Northstand started leaving on 72 minutes yesterday !! 72 minutes WTF !!!
Understandably if its a life and death situation at home or something of that ilk then fair enough, but just to get home early and beat the rush is a WANK excuse for leaving as is assuming "its gonna be a boring nil-niller" as some prat near me said as he left on the 74th minute !!
It's f***ing embarrassing watching these people walk out so early. SHAME ON YOU !!! and HA HA HA !! bet you wish you hadn't now !!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The bottom line is: love football and know anything about it, you take in the full 90 mins+ unless it's an absolute emergency or you have an over-riding travel issue (disabled etc). For me, anyone that doesn't stay just doesn't quite have that same passion for the game. Football's capacity for late twists is one of the things that sets it apart as a superior sport so no true fan is going to up sticks to get home 20 minutes earlier.

There are 4 guys in front of me who roll in late every game, go to halftime 5 mind early & come back 5 mins late. What's the point. Clearly, saying they've been to the football is more important than actually watching it.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I think it's really weird that some people go down to the concourse on 35 mins, get back to their seats on 55 mins and go home anytime around 80 mins (depending on score/quality of footy) I mean, WHAT is the point? Would they do this at the theatre or a cinema? I've never left early, NEVER, and I never will. If you can't spare the time to stay and support the team properly, then don't bother coming. Simples. We are blessed with nice, roomy seats at the AMEX, but it's still a pain in the arsene wenger having to keep jumping up to let these people in and out 😡.

Picture the scene...

You are at a diner party last night just sampling the fantastic Hors d'oeuvres loving prepared by your host

Guest A: So what did you do today?
You: I went to the soccer match.
Guest B (female): Were the stripes playing?
You: Yes
Guest A: How was the game?
You: Oh yes very good.
Guest A: Don't you have a new stadium?
You: Yes, it's amazing, the pies are great, almost as good as these vol au vents (charm).
Guest B: Did you win?
You: Er, yes it was a great afternoon.
Guest A: Who scored?
You: Err, um could you pass the Chardonnay please?

The main thing is that you can tell your friends that you went to the football, thus providing a useful talking point.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You really do have to be some kind of professional DICKHEAD to leave early on a Saturday.
I can *kind* of understand it on a midweek perhaps. And thats still a BIG perhaps. But on Saturday ? For fucks sake, what are you in such a crashing HURRY to get back half an hour earlier for, you f***ing TOOLS ?

WELL ?

Totally . f***ing dicks . Making thr club look twats

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For me 45 minutes each half plus stoppage time just isn't enough of an Albion fix in the first place so why some people would voluntarily cut this down even further unless there were very extenuating circumstances is a strange one as far as I'm concerned.

zigyo

Jan 16, 2011
I'd like to thank the two blokes who were leaving early (WSL) and stopped right in front of me when the goal went in and then proceeded to stand there during the celebrations so I couldn't see a thing. I have never left early and you spoilt the goal for me - twats.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Guest B: Did you win?
You: Er, yes it was a great afternoon.
Guest A: Who scored?
You: Err, um could you pass the Chardonnay please? ...
I was stopped on the way out by someone who hadn't left early, asking me who had scored.

So, that question would have foxed quite a few people

I got up to leave on 91 minutes, Son in Law refused to move so I stayed. Thanks for that...!!!

Legged it down from WSU on final whistle and still got on the first train. RESULT.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Left on the final whistle, got out of Bennets Field and back to Newhaven at 5.45pm, despite Rottingdean being shut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here