Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all those who left early

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well, I've only once left a game early - we were losing 3-0 to Oxford at home at the time (in the 90/91 season?) - yesterday I especially didn't want to leave early as I had 90+ minutes on my Albion hatrick scratchcard. The prize? No crappy 10quid in the club shop voucher for me, oh no, a cool 100 pounds cash thank you very much! What could possibly be better than a last minute winner and a £100 cash? Will Buckley I love ya!
An amusing end to this tale is that the guy in front of me - who left on 32 mins of the first half to avoid the queues for the pies - who had a go at me for dissing Liam Bridcutt a few weeks ago ( I wasn't by the way, I just joined in with the collective sigh when Liam made a rare wayward pass) also had a go at a fella near me for not getting behind the team, then promptly leaves before the end. Brilliant.
Never leave before CMS has left the pitch, that's our motto.....

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I think that anybody who stayed over 85 mins should be congratulated in view of the poor display from the Albion, to have to spend over 30 mins waiting for a bus on top of a dreary afternoon is just not on.
I take it that the majority of those who stay to the bitter end are single,when you have wife/children to consider then you cannot be selfish.

That is the single most pathetic thing I have ever read on NSC. Congratulations.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For those people who want to get home half an hour early - why don't you just arrive half an hour late - you've spent the same amount of time at the Amex and no chance of missing the late winner?

serious question.
I notice none of the JLEs have answered this. I guess some people might have evening appointments, but for those simply worried about queues for transport it seems the ideal solution. Get a train from Brighton after the match as started, it'll be nice and empty, you can stroll up to the ground, miss the boring first 30 minutes or so and catch all the excitement at the end. Stay for a drink and then get a later train back when the queues have gone down.

I should add that if people DO want to leave before the end simply because it's more convenient that is entirely down to them. (After all judging by the attendance figures some don't even bother going in the first place). But also you'll have to accept that a lot of us view it as a bit of an odd thing to do. Arriving late makes just as much sense.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I've never left a football match early in my life, unfortunately circumstances depicted that we had to leave around the 80 minute mark on Saturday. Tough shit on us for missing the goal(and one our decent move forward in the whole game), but these things happen... I've seen it on the telly, so its not like i've missed a life changing experience or anything

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I used to go down to the running track at Withdean but never left before the whistle. The celebrations down there were quality, anyway,
I never leave before the end because there is simply no reason to do so. Travel is fine, as long as you dont walk at a snails pace and last minute winners are just the best feeling.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I used to go down to the running track at Withdean but never left before the whistle. The celebrations down there were quality, anyway,
I never leave before the end because there is simply no reason to do so. Travel is fine, as long as you dont walk at a snails pace and last minute winners are just the best feeling.

So too are your videos. Just waiting for the next one which seems ages.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
wsu loads go for half time at least 5 mins early. all that money for a season ticket. why bother!

leaving early for half time shouldn't be an issue with people at all. If they're hungry, they're not going to make sure they have your approval before they go to the bar.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I nearly left as I had to rush but as my row was nearly empty by that stage I ended up just slowly moving a seat at a time until I was perched at the end of the row... Then I went mental when we scored!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The thought of those early leavers hearing the cheers as they walked away from the stadium and thinking 'oh bugger' adds an extra dimension to an already great afternoon. :clap:
These people - do they leave a meal before the dessert or a film before the killer is unmasked, during sex do they... :banana:

Not finish completing a post? Oh I see, the Banana symbol is now synonymous with the "pop" moment I take it.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I like to have my cake and eat it.

I'm in the back 4 rows of the North, I take a slow stroll down the steps on 90mins while extra time is being played, then I do a spot of loitering until the final whistle. I'm sat on the train bound for Brighton by 17:10.

I received a lovely close-up of Buckley's goal for my efforts last weekend... good stuff!

:thumbsup:

billy74

Apr 28, 2009
I dont leave early because i get a supporters coach home so no need. People around me do leave early though for various genuine reasons, i have no problem with this at all. Why dont you moaning pricks shut up and mind your own business, all this "im a better fan than you bla bla bla" get a life you sad fucks. The transport system is shit for some people, some us have families we want to get home to, so if you leave early its up to you, you paid for your ticket you do what you want.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:rant:
I think that anybody who stayed over 85 mins should be congratulated in view of the poor display from the Albion, to have to spend over 30 mins waiting for a bus on top of a dreary afternoon is just not on.
I take it that the majority of those who stay to the bitter end are single,when you have wife/children to consider then you cannot be selfish.

What a load of rubbish. If you took that line to the extreme, you'd have missed out on the years 1997-2000 which, er....ow, lots of you did. Bloody JCLs - SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here