Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all those who left early

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If I were a player and saw that everybody had walked out I think I woud feel like doing the same. .

Really ? Luckily our boys are made of sterner stuff.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I think that anybody who stayed over 85 mins should be congratulated in view of the poor display from the Albion, to have to spend over 30 mins waiting for a bus on top of a dreary afternoon is just not on.
I take it that the majority of those who stay to the bitter end are single,when you have wife/children to consider then you cannot be selfish.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think that anybody who stayed over 85 mins should be congratulated in view of the poor display from the Albion, to have to spend over 30 mins waiting for a bus on top of a dreary afternoon is just not on.
I take it that the majority of those who stay to the bitter end are single,when you have wife/children to consider then you cannot be selfish.
I'm sorry, but that is bollocks.
A football match lasts 90 minutes (+). Some games are fantastic, others are crap. But one of the joys of the game is you just never know what might happen. Brian Clough's famous quote about it only taking a second to score a goal summed it up quite nicely.
I'm married with a family...but they assume that when I go to the football I'll watch the game. How is it selfish to stay to the end? How much time do you save? If you feel so guilty about leaving them for an afternoon, best not come at all.
I've got no problem with people leaving when they want to. Couldn't do it myself, but hey ho. But get a proper reason!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Since noticing the thing that CMS does at the end of every match I make a point of not leaving until he has left the pitch. Yesterday we decided to wait after the match and have a pint in the WSU concourse. We then sauntered down to the station, got on the 5:36 train to Brighton (delayed to 5:45) got straight on the 6:03 from Brighton and were back in Worthing before 6:30. Also, I do have a wife and kids, but she was aware that I followed the Albion when we met and understands it's part of who I am and understands the travel problems that can sometimes occur.

Anyway, I saw Will Buckley's winner. Made my day

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We saw it and caught the 1716 which was late so connected into the 17:41 to Shoreham.

I honestly do not understand why people leave early, providing you go on the final whistle you easily make the 17:16 train

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

I don't think I have ever seen you say anything positive about the Albion. Why are you so f***ing negative, are you really a Palace fan ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
how do you know that the people leaving early didnt have legitimate excuse for doing so? You dont do you! Total guesswork from pricks who think there enjoyment is being spoilt by people who leave before the 90 is up. f***ing grow up!

I saw people leaving around me with 5 to go but it didnt ruin my day. I saw the winner and enjoyed it like the rest of the fans who stayed. To the ones who didnt, then you missed a good goal.
I wont berate them for leaving though.

zzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
The main problem I have with people leaving early is not the fact that they want to go but the fact that I miss the last 5-10 minutes because there's a seemingly constant stream of people standing up and walking in front of me blocking my view.

What they then do is get to the steps and stand and watch for a bit. If you're going GO, don't stand there blocking everyone else's view.

I mentioned in another thread that I was talking to someone at Eastbourne station and he said that he has to leave early yet I was still at Eastbourne before him yet I didn't leave early.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Have family too, but this time we stayed to the end, saw the magnificent finale, ran 120 steps down from WSU & to Mithras park n ride, and still made it to Withdean by
c. 5.30. You CAN stay still the end & have a family life.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The main problem I have with people leaving early is not the fact that they want to go but the fact that I miss the last 5-10 minutes because there's a seemingly constant stream of people standing up and walking in front of me blocking my view.

What they then do is get to the steps and stand and watch for a bit. If you're going GO, don't stand there blocking everyone else's view.

I mentioned in another thread that I was talking to someone at Eastbourne station and he said that he has to leave early yet I was still at Eastbourne before him yet I didn't leave early.

I sympathise with this as I am near an exit and it's extremely annoying that people gather around the exit and hang about, it's like they want to have their cake and eat it. I don't mind people leaving early though, it's their loss!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

What an absolute load of bollocks...

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY

I have a wife & 3 Kids. I come down from kent & seeing as CMS has the manners to walk round the ground applauding the fans even after running his butt off for 94 mins. The very least I can do is stay & applaud him off too.

While I understand why ppl leave early for train etc. PLEASE DONT USE YOUR KIDS AS AN EXCUSE. (guess I am gonna get it now for abandoning my kids & putting brighton first before my family)

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

My wife and child are STH's as well and we caught the 17:05 train to Lewes after applauding the players off, so TBH, that's bollocks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Early leavers should be dragged out of their homes when they get back and shot in front of their families...

:lolol:

What a load of cock. I was there with my son and we waited to clap the players off the pitch.

If you want to leave early, that's up to you but don't try to invent circumstances for doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here