Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to say bye to Cullip

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Instead of looking to strengthen the forward line i think that its two solid central defenders we need to stop leaking these stupid goals. its quite clear to me that our defence is the weak link in our side and Cullip is unable to step up to the challenge of Championship forwards.

My own opinion obviously but this is a discussion board.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How many centre backs did we have on the pitch?

El-Abd, Hinshelwood, Virgo.

Yet we play Mayo at centre back.

As the second half went on, QPR began to turn the screw and both the defence and midfield began to look shaky. In retrospect, playing Hinshelwood at the back alongside Cullip would have been a better option. Cullip to me looked uncomfortable all afternoon with Mayo alongside him. Virgo's honeymoon as a striker appears to coming to an end. With Cullip carrying an injury and who knows how long he can carry it for, maybe it's time for Virgo to move back to the role he prefers and will probably be needed for in the near future.....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
woah bit hasty isn't it

1 bad game c'mon be sensible about this

skintboy

Jul 12, 2003
Eastborne
1st half,played okay deserved lead but 2nd half we were poor and looked relegation certainties cos qpr are not in same league as Wolves were on tuesday,for some reason 8 players today had an off day!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Cullip needed to sort out his studs in the first half kept slipping over. He was superb player last time round in this division, I'm sure he will be again.

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Braders7 said:
woah bit hasty isn't it

1 bad game c'mon be sensible about this

I agree totally - Cullip has given excellent service to the club and it is commendable that he is even on the pitch with a hernia. To play Leon up front is to re-run all the previous games in which he hasn't been effective. It was, in my view, a right decision to leave him out.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Spicy2 said:
I agree totally - Cullip has given excellent service to the club and it is commendable that he is even on the pitch with a hernia. To play Leon up front is to re-run all the previous games in which he hasn't been effective. It was, in my view, a right decision to leave him out.

excellent service to the club does not stop us losing games in the here and now! peter ward geve excellent service to the club but his time has gone. the club does not need hero's who play when not fully fit. we need players who can get a 2-1 advantage at home and keep hold of it

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Bobby's Gull said:
Cullip needed to sort out his studs in the first half kept slipping over. He was superb player last time round in this division, I'm sure he will be again.

again living in the past! this time around is what counts and the lad is just not cutting it

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
MidlandSeagull69 said:
excellent service to the club does not stop us losing games in the here and now! peter ward geve excellent service to the club but his time has gone. the club does not need hero's who play when not fully fit. we need players who can get a 2-1 advantage at home and keep hold of it

Peter Ward played in the seventies - not really the same thing is it? Cullip has been a recent good defender who has made a significant contribution to the games he has played. I feel its unfair to condemn someone who at least tries to get on with the game - Leon Knight is someone we should be slating for being lazy and ineffective and having the wrong attitude.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Spicy2 said:
Peter Ward played in the seventies - not really the same thing is it? Cullip has been a recent good defender who has made a significant contribution to the games he has played. I feel its unfair to condemn someone who at least tries to get on with the game - Leon Knight is someone we should be slating for being lazy and ineffective and having the wrong attitude.

yeah lets slate leon cos then he'll play better for us and score goals won't he?

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
So you think hero worship has a motivating effect? Er, right, we've been there, done that, got the t-shirt. A bigger motivator is surely leaving him out of the team or a good swift kick up the jacksy!

Bevendean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Bevendean
Yep danny had a mare today. But the whole defence was shit. I think danny is good enough 4 this leauge. And hopefully he will prove it in the months to come!!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here