Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the moaners to get back in their box

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If we had won 3-1 then we would all be happy. However tonight we were beaten by the better team,on the night. We ,after the first 20 or so minutes struggled with their pace and directness. This must give us the standard that we need and want to achieve. We are not to that level yet.......simples !!!!!

Bloody well said!

I thought we played very well first 20 minutes. Watford however were a good side who defended well without just parking the bus and were very effective on the break. I think they're a young team aren't they?, as they certainly had much more energy for getting up & down than we did and that Vydra has phenomenal pace :eek: - El Abd had no chance for his second as that lad would skin any defender in this league no trouble at all I reckon.

In a bizarre kind of way, despite the result, I enjoyed a lot of what I saw tonight. Some lovely passages of play from both teams and I thought the ref was superb for letting the game flow (I think the first free kick of the game was awarded for a foul on Bridcutt in the 18th minute!).

I know this post will be shot down in flames but I don't care. Sometimes you have to take it on the chin, give credit where credit's due to the opposition and move on. Onwards and upwards I say :albion:

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
My first Brighton game was a cold Tuesday night at the Withdean against Wycombe Wanderers in the LDV vans trophy. Trying to be positive at the moment and think it could be worse afterall!

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I'm usually very positive but after that show I can't be. Today was the first time in my life I left early. We were never going to score or even look like scoring it was pathetic. We pay a lot of money to watch the albion and are very much entitled to moan.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i thought bruno and orlandi were struggling for fitness and with no buckley, we lacked a cutting edge. el abd was shown lacking against what was a very good side. that said, crofts should really have stuck his chance away and the crunch goal was pure luck for them - last 20 mins was hard to bear - but hey, we'll be back. we just need someone that challenges for the ball that goes into the box - not some pretty boy who doesnt want to get his face kicked. we have a lot of pretty boys

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I stayed till the end and I didn't boo. However, i fail to take a single postive from that performance and therefore the players and very certainly the manager deserve some stick.

This, stayed till the bitter end doesn't mean I'm any less hacked off by recent performances.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A gutless and witless performance which brings into question the ability and motivation of many of our players. I rarely moan and never boo but can't blame anyone for doing so after that.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
i thought bruno and orlandi were struggling for fitness and with no buckley, we lacked a cutting edge. el abd was shown lacking against what was a very good side. that said, crofts should really have stuck his chance away and the crunch goal was pure luck for them - last 20 mins was hard to bear - but hey, we'll be back. we just need someone that challenges for the ball that goes into the box - not some pretty boy who doesnt want to get his face kicked. we have a lot of pretty boys

I totally agree with that bit! CMS is pathetic when it comes to challenging for a 50-50 ball. He needs to be dropped for Hoskins until we get anyone better, and then, if we do play two, it should be Hoskins and the new guy, not CMS.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You lot do realise that we are never going to win every game, don't you?
When was it decided that we have to sweep away all opposition even if they have bigger budgets and better resources than us.
OK, we were poor today but why the constant whinging? We are in a competitive league with some big teams, why not enjoy where we are?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I totally agree with that bit! CMS is pathetic when it comes to challenging for a 50-50 ball. He needs to be dropped for Hoskins until we get anyone better, and then, if we do play two, it should be Hoskins and the new guy, not CMS.

oops - how has PP agreed with me?? mr burns next? CMS is clearly a player that loves running onto balls and tapping in easy chances. He is not one for getting ahead of defenders and sticking his head where it might hurt. so many balls into the box are just cleared unchallenged. cms would be perfect partnering with an ugly, stupid beggar with no sense of pain and whom only his mother loves

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When was it decided that we have to sweep away all opposition even if they have bigger budgets and better resources than us.
OK, we were poor today but why the constant whinging? We are in a competitive league with some big teams, why not enjoy where we are?

Indeed.

We lost to a very good side today. It doesn't make Poyet a bad manager.

In my view and more importantly in Bloom's view a top six finish is the target and we are only two or three good buys from that. Gus will deliver that in January and we will be okay.

People need to be patient. Long term stability brings success. Patience brings success.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Because some people think playing in a big new stadium entitles them to roll all other teams over.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Would never boo, but am I bollocks clapping that load of shite today off the pitch.

Exactly same for me. Said after the match that a comprehensive lesson like that, might, just might, make Gus make a complete re think on his tactics etc..

His mate Zola humiliated him today.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Half of you ranting, most of you left early today and some of you booed at the end.

We have lost just six games in 24, and with two or three additions in January we will be very strong in the second half of the season.

This is only our second season at a proper home for a long long time and people are whining because we are not winning the league.

We will get there. We are still very much within reach of the play offs. Now is not the time to be deserting Gus or the players.

It's a shame that game was on TV. I imagine most of the moaners were sitting on their sofas for the 90.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
This result has been on the cards for a while and we are slowly going backwards each game.

The players body language speaks volumes, they don't beleive in the current system.

It's totaly wrong fro the players we have which Poyet has signed. That to me is very worrying.

Crofts and Hammond are box to box players not tippy tappy sideways players and CMS is not a loan striker.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This result has been on the cards for a while and we are slowly going backwards each game.

The players body language speaks volumes, they don't beleive in the current system.

It's totaly wrong fro the players we have which Poyet has signed. That to me is very worrying.

Crofts and Hammond are box to box players not tippy tappy sideways players and CMS is not a loan striker.

You're right. Although it would have been better financially if CMS had been signed on loan.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
oops - how has PP agreed with me?? mr burns next? CMS is clearly a player that loves running onto balls and tapping in easy chances. He is not one for getting ahead of defenders and sticking his head where it might hurt. so many balls into the box are just cleared unchallenged. cms would be perfect partnering with an ugly, stupid beggar with no sense of pain and whom only his mother loves

2 or 3 occasions in the first 15 minutes decent crosses went in, a confident striker would have been fist to it at the near post! CMS doesn't seem confident enough to go for those balls at the moment.

It would appear the easier option for him atm is not to challenge for it, being too scared to miss it.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I was at the withdean in the pissing rain watching us lose week in, week out at some points.

I don't know what it is, the players had passion at the withdean. I guess with the new ground and new higher wage players we've lost it.

Just seems now the results don't matter as much. Making money is the only thing that's important for the club.

what the f*** are you on about, you utter clueless prick!!!

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
2 or 3 occasions in the first 15 minutes decent crosses went in, a confident striker would have been fist to it at the near post! CMS doesn't seem confident enough to go for those balls at the moment.

It would appear the easier option for him atm is not to challenge for it, being too scared to miss it.

i just don't think he is nasty enough. he would rather pick up scraps than get his nose broken going for it. not a criticism - but we need someone that is prepared to do that - all teams do, but not many have one (at least not one that has some skill as well)

Casper

Sep 22, 2011
Brighton
Half of you ranting, most of you left early today and some of you booed at the end.

We have lost just six games in 24, and with two or three additions in January we will be very strong in the second half of the season.

This is only our second season at a proper home for a long long time and people are whining because we are not winning the league.

We will get there. We are still very much within reach of the play offs. Now is not the time to be deserting Gus or the players.

Your deluded ... Awful football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here