Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the moaners to get back in their box

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Half of you ranting, most of you left early today and some of you booed at the end.

We have lost just six games in 24, and with two or three additions in January we will be very strong in the second half of the season.

This is only our second season at a proper home for a long long time and people are whining because we are not winning the league.

We will get there. We are still very much within reach of the play offs. Now is not the time to be deserting Gus or the players.

Keep on clapping happy man.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Tell me when did you last find it this hard to be bothered to go and watch the albion ? It's just that we have been far shitter for far longer than this in the VERY recent past, so i take it this must either be a very new or constantly recurring situation for you

I was at the withdean in the pissing rain watching us lose week in, week out at some points.

I don't know what it is, the players had passion at the withdean. I guess with the new ground and new higher wage players we've lost it.

Just seems now the results don't matter as much. Making money is the only thing that's important for the club.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If we had won 3-1 then we would all be happy. However tonight we were beaten by the better team,on the night. We ,after the first 20 or so minutes struggled with their pace and directness. This must give us the standard that we need and want to achieve. We are not to that level yet.......simples !!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The OP is making a massive generalisation about moaners in general but what I would say is the players - with the exception of Bridcutt - did not give 100% today, and the reaction of the team to the third goal was a disgrace.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Everyone on here and who is an Albion fan at all has a right to an opinion and a moan just because others don't agree with you
doesn't mean your wrong.
I'ts normally because there are the big heads on here thinking it but a lot of them don't have the f***ing balls to say it on here.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was at the withdean in the pissing rain watching us lose week in, week out at some points.

I don't know what it is, the players had passion at the withdean. I guess with the new ground and new higher wage players we've lost it.

Just seems now the results don't matter as much. Making money is the only thing that's important for the club.

At last someone with something sensible to say

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

A poor performance against a decent side doesn't justify nonsense comments such as these.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The OP is making a massive generalisation about moaners in general but what I would say is the players - with the exception of Bridcutt - did not give 100% today, and the reaction of the team to the third goal was a disgrace.

Lua Lua worked very hard today.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
2 wins in 17 games is acceptable is it? -want to play clever buggers with stats then let me join in as well. haven't beaten anyone at home apart from the bottom 4? -

When players earn more in a month than most do in a year, to put on a performance like that is a disgrace. The style of football is boring... slow and sideways. Set up at home with 1 up front and 1 winger is not good enough. Its getting boring turning up to watch this rubbish every home game. there is minimal excitment at home games and it needs sorting out sharpish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lua Lua worked very hard today.

Lua Lua can do better than that. He did a lot of good things before the third goal, but there were still 25 minutes of football left at 3-1 and he lost his edge. His first touch was heavy, crosses were hitting the side netting. The coaching staff need to work on his ability to produce over a full 90 minutes, because we get bursts but rarely the full 90 minute MOM performances he could be capable of.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I stayed till the end and I didn't boo. However, i fail to take a single postive from that performance and therefore the players and very certainly the manager deserve some stick.

This I am very much a half glass full person but that performance was comedy and naive and shows no progress we were poor. Watford have been playing the passing game for 6 months as opposed to our 2 years and were light years ahead of us if we continue to play a pedestrian pace with no turn of speed then mid table obscurity is the best we can hope for. Yes I did stay to the end and I did not boo.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Half of you ranting, most of you left early today and some of you booed at the end.

We have lost just six games in 24, and with two or three additions in January we will be very strong in the second half of the season.

This is only our second season at a proper home for a long long time and people are whining because we are not winning the league.

We will get there. We are still very much within reach of the play offs. Now is not the time to be deserting Gus or the players.

Bet you'd still be rimming Gus's arse if he got us relegated. You are clueless.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Lua Lua can do better than that. He did a lot of good things before the third goal, but there were still 25 minutes of football left at 3-1 and he lost his edge. His first touch was heavy, crosses were hitting the side netting. The coaching staff need to work on his ability to produce over a full 90 minutes, because we get bursts but rarely the full 90 minute MOM performances he could be capable of.

Did you see that Watford continuously stuck two defenders on him in the final 30 mins? They could afford to as our strikers were causing no problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here