Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Dick Tight to appear on the phone in ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
drip ...... drip ........ drip ...............

who can blame him.
What does or would the BBC think of its stations being used like this?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
What does or would the BBC think of its stations being used like this?

ring em up and ask them.

I am sure the more people who complain, the more chance of him being asked to step down

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Bloomin 'eck Dave - you do have a thin skin at times. There is no vitriol. I have not heard you co-host but I am sure you are fine. As is Ian Hart - he is a good choice as he is a naturally funny bloke, and we all know what he has done for our Club.

The criticism that I agree with is the agenda he appears to have against Dick Knight.

He needs to rein it in to retain his impartiality. it is frankly boring apart from anything else.

And if he does have good cause to criticise - then say it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stumpy Tim said:
Which is an improvement on his normal breath. Definitely a face for radio if ever there was one :D

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The original question was 'Time for Dick Knight to appear on the phone-in' to which I replied whilst I was on the mic there would be more chance of finding rocking horse droppings, and just to clarify this its because such is my relationship with both Mr Knight and the club I'm sure he would not appear with me.

And when people talk about hidden agendas I do wonder what Man of Harvey's is against me, all I can think that he is the former Gulls Eye reader who we disqualified from a 'Win a night out with Tony Millard' competition.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
As a listener the phone in has been the best bit of the last few matches. In fact it's not unknown for me to turn off and watch SSN and then go back to listening after the final whistle for some good entertainment.

I don't mind Budgie, Lloyd or Sir Norman co commentating, not so keen when insider does it as he often appears reluctant to tell it like it is. Not knocking him, I find it the same when Sky has someone like Steve Bruce on the panel for a Man Utd game.

Dave the love god is the best bit though :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
munster monch said:

Dave the love god is the best bit though :lolol:

such flattery Kev...LOL

Still got the curly mop, or like me , has it all fallen off and are now the feature of ridicule at home.:down: :down: :down:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Harty said:
And when people talk about hidden agendas I do wonder what Man of Harvey's is against me, all I can think that he is the former Gulls Eye reader who we disqualified from a 'Win a night out with Tony Millard' competition.

I don't think MoH's agenda is hidden. He, like a few others, note your almost continual anti-Knight sentiment. Do you have a hidden agenda is the question ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Goring Gull said:
Can anyone ring in on the phone in or do you have to be part of a Clique?

you have to have access to a telephone.

Something that has not found its way to Huddersfield last time I was up there.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Goring Gull said:
Can anyone ring in on the phone in or do you have to be part of a Clique?

Absolutely anyone can phone in. As is demonstrated most weeks. I think it actually helps if you're not in a clique. Or sane.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
I don't think MoH's agenda is hidden. He, like a few others, note your almost continual anti-Knight sentiment. Do you have a hidden agenda is the question ?

I would ask the same Harty as I don't believe you are being objective, in fact I would go as far as saying that because of your obvious dislike for DK should you still be doing the show? After all does not the BBC demand that there presenters be impartial?

Personally I am more interested in the other members of the board, How much influence do they have? as I believe that the Bloom's and Derek Chapman have far more cash than DK. Are they now pulling the strings, how much say do they have in transfer dealings? DK maybe chairman but is he really the power behind the club?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Harty said:

Hi Harty - I have no agenda whatsoever. Like what? I've never met Dick Knight, for example. I've just heard what I think is particular unfair criticism of Dick Knight on your show over a long period. I really hope that criticism of it isn't a problem - there'd be more than a bit of irony about it if there was...

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Guinness Boy said:
Absolutely anyone can phone in. As is demonstrated most weeks. I think it actually helps if you're not in a clique. Or sane.

What's the number? I'll stick in my mobile so i can call after the Scunny game to report my thoughts first hand of the game.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ian
Is Knight pissed off with you over the story in the herald you did about the Bloom family having a controlling intrest in the club he seem to be well pissed off at the forum.
By the way an idea for the phone in.Why not talk to talk to the fans as they are leaving the ground.
I pass you,dave and co every match and would love to go on the phone in.Anyway keep up the good work and stay on Mr Knights case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here