Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Dick Tight to appear on the phone in ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
drip ...... drip ........ drip ...............

who can blame him.

I can, letting personality clashes get in the way is a cop out. He should be a bigger man than that, he runs our football club ffs so I have no time for him being precious.

I am assuming it is a problem he has with Harty in making the above statement :)

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Bloody hell lads, How dare you criticise Dick the saviour - you wait till the bobblers on NSC read this. :lolol:

Get ready to hear all the old excuses Falmer, LDC etc etc.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Icy Gull said:
I can, letting personality clashes get in the way is a cop out. He should be a bigger man than that, he runs our football club ffs so I have no time for him being precious.

To be honest I do agree with that. But he has been on the phone-in before, so why not again. Perhaps it just Ian Hart deluding himself he is a more important factor than he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
drip ...... drip ........ drip ...............

Is that the money going into the playing budget reservoir??? Sorry, couldn't resist :blush:

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty,

a direct question for you which will only need a yes or no.

Has Dick Knight said that he will not go on the phone in?

If the answer to that is yes, did he say that you were the reason?

Again a simple yes or no.

Ta.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at the risk of someone suggesting I have my head up Harty's arse, why the sudden vitreol being thrown his way?

This is starting to get very personal. Do I take it you guys would rather he stopped the phone in and we had someone from the club do it? say Mike Ward?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dave the Gaffer said:
at the risk of someone suggesting I have my head up Harty's arse, why the sudden vitreol being thrown his way?

This is starting to get very personal. Do I take it you guys would rather he stopped the phone in and we had someone from the club do it? say Mike Ward?

dave that is not vitreol - he has made a comment on here that seems to indicate that DK has refused to go on the phone in with him.

That has been quoted by someone on another thread as a cast iron fact and it indicates the club have got something to hide.

All i am asking is for clarification.

Actually I am quite happy with Ian doing the phone in, as I am with you doing it.

But just to point out that Mike Ward is not someone from the club, he is a freelance journalist who has got involved in the Falmer For All campaign, wrote a book about his conversion to the Albion, writes articles for the programme and used to write columns in the Argus.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Personally, I've pretty much stopped listening to it.

I now spend the journey home talking about the game with my son and listen to his choice of music!

I don't need to hear other people whittering on about how bad things are after sitting through games like the recent home performances.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:

Yes. Except that I don't know much about or particular care about, say, Mike Ward. But an honest host, not a campaigner against the chairman who abuses his position would be an improvement, IMHO.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Dave the Gaffer said:

NOooooooooooooooo Mike Ward knows NOTHING about being a real supporter of the club, unlike Sir Harty who does.

Mike Wards articles in the programme make me cringe! He slags of our rivalry with Palace, then Shankly. Yes we know football not more important than life or death, but its the way he slags of anything relating to tradition or players from the past. He didnt start life as an Albion fan and probably wont end life as one! Many Brighton fans have supported this club for the years before he even knew we existed!

Why not get Andy Naylor to do a show, would make me phone up!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mr Blobby said:
NOooooooooooooooo Mike Ward knows NOTHING about being a real supporter of the club, unlike Sir Harty who does.
Hmm - looks like "Harty's" co-host has picked someone who he knows is unpopular as the only alternative. And it looks like it's worked.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
Hmm - looks like "Harty's" co-host has picked someone who he knows is unpopular as the only alternative. And it looks like it's worked.

oooh...conspircy theory alert.

He was the first name that came into my head...what about Budgie, hawsey, Joanne Goode, Adam Trimmingham, Paul Camillin, Nicky Kate Shevlin, Jack The Lad, Paul Samrah, John Baine, .........enough names?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Mr Blobby said:
Why not get Andy Naylor to do a show, would make me phone up!!

Without wishing to be nasty, I don't think that would be terribly exciting.

Dave - really enjoyed the times I've heard you on the phone-in. If I could make a constructive criticism it would be to ask you to stop saying "ermmm" between every sentence...makes it sound slightly weird.

The best exchanges I have heard have been between my old mate Ferret and Harty at half-time - genuinely spontaneous, fast-paced battles.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:
oooh...conspircy theory alert.

He was the first name that came into my head...what about Budgie, hawsey, Joanne Goode, Adam Trimmingham, Paul Camillin, Nicky Kate Shevlin, Jack The Lad, Paul Samrah, John Baine, .........enough names?
Don't know who half of them are, to be honest - but yes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Benny Zamora said:
Dave - really enjoyed the times I've heard you on the phone-in. If I could make a constructive criticism it would be to ask you to stop saying "ermmm" between every sentence...makes it sound slightly weird.

point taken. lack of decent education I am afraid. I have a habit of saying " at the end of the day" too...drives my wife insane.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dave the Gaffer said:
point taken. lack of decent education I am afraid. I have a habit of saying " at the end of the day" too...drives my wife insane.

Maybe you should throw a few 'you knows' in as well. Works for Beckham.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is that correct? Has someone said that Dk won't appear on the phone in if Harty is asking the q's?? Why on earth is that?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...after all this, I am not really sure I will be on again...:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here