Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Dick Tight to appear on the phone in ?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Harty. I can only think that you have done something to upset Dick Tight's arsewipes! Well whatever it is - well done!

Its time that Knight was outed and a real fan put in charge of our club! Liam Brady has a lot to answer for getting Tight and his "Syndicate" (where the f*** are they?) involved in our club!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty said:
The original question was 'Time for Dick Knight to appear on the phone-in' to which I replied whilst I was on the mic there would be more chance of finding rocking horse droppings, and just to clarify this its because such is my relationship with both Mr Knight and the club I'm sure he would not appear with me.

And when people talk about hidden agendas I do wonder what Man of Harvey's is against me, all I can think that he is the former Gulls Eye reader who we disqualified from a 'Win a night out with Tony Millard' competition.

so to clarify for everybody who took what was said to mean that DK had REFUSED to go on the phone in with Harty (and lets face it, there are some on another thread who did clearly think this was the case) - here it clearly states that this is not the so. Moreover it is actually Harty's BELIEF at the time of writing that DK wouldn't go on the phone in with him.

All other comments about fighting censorship and the BBC not allowing people to dictate who hosts a phone in can also now be viewed in the correct context - that of CONJECTURE rather than pure FACT (always wanted to do that).

I'm glad we cleared that up - keep up the good work chaps mmeeeehh (in a General Cecil Anthony Hogmanay Melchet voice)
:thumbsup:

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Harty said:
such is my relationship with both Mr Knight and the club I'm sure he would not appear with me.

So you haven't actually asked him then

edit: sorry, didn't realised ROSM had already covered this point - I responded to it when reading Page 3, we are now on Page 4 ;)

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
Harty. I can only think that you have done something to upset Dick Tight's arsewipes! Well whatever it is - well done!

Its time that Knight was outed and a real fan put in charge of our club! Liam Brady has a lot to answer for getting Tight and his "Syndicate" (where the f*** are they?) involved in our club!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Interesting, as Harty and Gulls eye were instrumental in bringing down Arshole and thus (by default) installing Brady and DK, maybe you should be giving Harty a hard-time.

But then you're 3gulls and your grip on reality isn't the best, like Ernest but without the humor.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
FWIW I was a CEO of a large public body before I retired. Frequent criticism was a cross I had to bear. I soon learnt that the more you tried to be open in public when things went wrong the more grief you got. Either people said "he's lying" (eg money for new players) or he is not telling the whole truth (eg Why did you appoint DW? He was the man I thought was best for the job at the moment) or you opened up another can of worms that got you into more muddy waters.

A very well known national broadcaster once said to me "It's not compulsory to answer everything. Don't do it. "

So my sympathy is with DK. After all he has done and is doing for this club it must be pretty galling to put up with some of the stuff that is being thrown in his direction,

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
If it's a Q&A session with DK that's needed, it's surely not beyond the wit and wisdom of NSC to rig up such a session online.
Actually that is an extremely good point, we did a similar thing with Guy Butters (although it was unofficial and spontaneous). Surely DK can do something similar? He doesn't even need to type himself, he can dictate to Paul or someone the way Guy did with Race.

PS (and off this topic). I would just like to apologise for a post I made slagging you off a few months back. When we signed all those youth players you said something along the lines of how the club were just trying to get a team on the cheap and how it would be a disaster. I said something along the lines of "Don't talk crap, they're not going to shoved straight into the team."

Anyway you were right and I was wrong. Sorry. I'm apologising down in the depths of this thread in a sort of sneaky, out-of the-corner-of-my-mouth way because hopefully most people won't bother reading this far!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I cant see how Harty is coming in for so much critisism, I can only say from what I have listened to which is 95% of the phonings is that he ask's questions of the club when they need to be asked rather than just recyling the company line and spin. On many occasions Harty has stuck up for the club and things which the board and management are doing I cannot see why he cannot question certain aspects of the clubs running especialy at present.

Maybe the jibe about Knight and Spain was a little below the belt but Im sure many of us were thinking the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brovian said:
Actually that is an extremely good point, we did a similar thing with Guy Butters (although it was unofficial and spontaneous). Surely DK can do something similar? He doesn't even need to type himself, he can dictate to Paul or someone the way Guy did with Race.

PS (and off this topic). I would just like to apologise for a post I made slagging you off a few months back. When we signed all those youth players you said something along the lines of how the club were just trying to get a team on the cheap and how it would be a disaster. I said something along the lines of "Don't talk crap, they're not going to shoved straight into the team."

Anyway you were right and I was wrong. Sorry. I'm apologising down in the depths of this thread in a sort of sneaky, out-of the-corner-of-my-mouth way because hopefully most people won't bother reading this far!

Well, assuming you're aiming that apology in the general direction of MOI, Brov, all I can say is :kiss: - while at the same time bouncing this to subject you to further ridicule and downright SCORN :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Barnham Seagull said:
I cant see how Harty is coming in for so much critisism, I can only say from what I have listened to which is 95% of the phonings is that he ask's questions of the club when they need to be asked rather than just recyling the company line and spin. On many occasions Harty has stuck up for the club and things which the board and management are doing I cannot see why he cannot question certain aspects of the clubs running especialy at present.

Maybe the jibe about Knight and Spain was a little below the belt but Im sure many of us were thinking the same.

:clap: Agreed. Leave Harty alone. He is doing a great job and has brightened up many a Saturday afternoon when things have gone pear shaped on the pitch.

And whats wrong with a local radio presenter questioning what is happening at the Albion. Just because Dick Knight save the club, to which we are all grateful does not mean that nearly ten years later we are not allowed to question what is going on. Surely that is the point of why he came to power in the first place.

Deportivo Seagull said:
Personally I am more interested in the other members of the board, How much influence do they have? as I believe that the Bloom's and Derek Chapman have far more cash than DK. Are they now pulling the strings, how much say do they have in transfer dealings? DK maybe chairman but is he really the power behind the club?

To be fair to Harty, it is probably Harty asking these genuinely interesting questions that is behind his latest freeze in relations with the chairman, judging by the entertaining opening to the August Fans Forum, which had Dick Knight pronouncing in quite ascerbic terms on one of Harty's Worthing Herald columns.

Harty, no chance you can put that column on NSC so we can see whether you were, or were not, stitching up the chairman? :drink: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The longer he has been in charge the more secretive things have become.....like i said b4 the first piece of good news he takes all the accolades....when the shit starts to hit the fan the head goes into the sand and yu don't get a whimper....

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Giraffe said:
And whats wrong with a local radio presenter questioning what is happening at the Albion.

Absolutely nothing, I'd say! In fact, I'd actually say that if a local radio presenter didn't question what was happening at the Albion then he wouldn't be doing his job properly.

But questioning what's going on isn't the same thing at all as implying that the chairman isn't prepared to go on SCR when the truth of the matter is that there's no evidence that he's even been asked in the first place. Let alone declined the offer!

It's just not playing fair and I'm sure it doesn't impress the BBC either.

Yrs, acolytically.

Dave the Gaffer said:
oooh...conspircy theory alert.

He was the first name that came into my head...what about Budgie, hawsey, Joanne Goode, Adam Trimmingham, Paul Camillin, Nicky Kate Shevlin, Jack The Lad, Paul Samrah, John Baine, .........enough names?

I've always felt that, whatever his perceived faults, Harty should never stop doing the phone-in because generally he does it very well, we've got used to his patter (probably more Max Miller than Bernard Manning, Attilla!) and would miss it and him a lot if he ever chucked it in.

What I've always felt Harty needs is a strong co-host who will challenge him when he starts wandering off on one about "smokescreens" - someone who will turn round and say "what do you think the club are hiding, Ian?" rather than just let vague insinuations set the tone for the rest of the phone-in.

I know that as a newcomer Dave perhaps it would be a difficult thing for you to start challenging the main host, but what Harty needs is some "balance". It shouldn't just be left the callers to do this - there should be much interesting things to ring in about - the Albion's peformance in matches - than correcting some of Harty's little flights of fancy.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
I've always felt that, whatever his perceived faults, Harty should never stop doing the phone-in because generally he does it very well, we've got used to his patter (probably more Max Miller than Bernard Manning, Attilla!) and would miss it and him a lot if he ever chucked it in.

What I've always felt Harty needs is a strong co-host who will challenge him when he starts wandering off on one about "smokescreens" - someone who will turn round and say "what do you think the club are hiding, Ian?" rather than just let vague insinuations set the tone for the rest of the phone-in.

I know that as a newcomer Dave perhaps it would be a difficult thing for you to start challenging the main host, but what Harty needs is some "balance". It shouldn't just be left the callers to do this - there should be much interesting things to ring in about - the Albion's peformance in matches - than correcting some of Harty's little flights of fancy.

I have certainly tried and certainly when callers have called in I have tried to get them to explain what they would do or want as opposed to have just a rant.

the guy who phoned up about Falmer and Withdean being too expensive for example. I asked him what he would want and he suggested staying at withdean in front of 4k supporters and everyone would be happy.

But i take on board what you say. Its great fun doing the show.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dave the Gaffer said:
I have certainly tried and certainly when callers have called in I have tried to get them to explain what they would do or want as opposed to have just a rant.

the guy who phoned up about Falmer and Withdean being too expensive for example. I asked him what he would want and he suggested staying at withdean in front of 4k supporters and everyone would be happy.

But i take on board what you say. Its great fun doing the show.

I can vouch for that - challenged me over empty stadium or handing out free tickets

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Beach Hut said:
I can vouch for that - challenged me over empty stadium or handing out free tickets

Yes you contraversial bastard

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

( I wish I could spell:down: :down: :down: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here