Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for change!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've only read a couple of posts on the various bed wetting threads and I've come to the conclusion.......
We are definitely on the up. When we have the feeling of 'should be beating teams like spurs', then the disappointment shows how far we've come. It's not an entitled feeling, it could be impatience and envy with 'teams like sheffield utd'.
I admit to annoyance myself, when we're not winning every game and qualifying for european competitions. We'll get there eventually, then folks will moan about not beating clubs 'like (insert top european club here)'

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Well I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years. Used to have my own seat at the Elipse pub in Montgomery Street, Hove, during the Goldstone days,
What really embarrassed me was the fact that we could never seem to sell out the Withdean, circa 8000?

Yet suddenly when we moved to the Amex, out come the plastic fans, and our season ticket figures soar. Where were these fans when the club needed them at the Withdean?
That puts us in the same bracket as Reading and their move to a new stadium.

Over to you, tell me something about BHA fans.
Easy we are like all footie fans - but better than most, we have never played to empty grounds (even gillingham) was a third full.
We are doing very well fan wise if you ever went to withdean- a dump and my school sports day venue ( i spent 8 seasons as a steward because it was impossible to get a ticket), you couldnt for gods sake spend in excess of £100 per game with 2 kids get programmes, hot dogs, drinks etc
we have the amex i have taken my parents and my grandkids ---- all wonderful occasions , comfortable-dry- friendly - value for money ! and now a proper club again.
Peefed flasks and bottle tops banned but would keep this to selling tickets at the cardiff play off in the turnstile - putting the money into buckets and then emptying them into bin bags was chuffing embarrasing it really was we were a shambles of a club .
That is one of thousands of Brighton fans view- i do find it weird how many Brighton fans are like new faces to me but bring it on a proper club with proper fans ---MAGIC

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Of course you are. Where was your season ticket located at the Goldstone I wonder?

You wouldn't have been 'embarassed' if you were an actual fan who would know our gates at the Goldstone before the asset stripping began, and that over 30k people regularly visited Withdean in the home stands during our 11 year rental. Which is why an extremely savvy businessman spent a large fortune to build a stadium to accommodate that many, who when given the opportunity to watch football without requiring a pair of binoculars and several waterproof layers, would become more than 7-8 games a season fleeting fans.

So you're either extremely dense, or on a wind-up and not a particularly good one. How were your attendances affected by your most recent promotion by the way? I'm guessing that the 12k die hards who were prepared to watch Championship football are still filling your ground?

You are absolutely right; Palarse fans like Storrington who bore on about our attendances at Withdean are pathetic. I happily admit that I only used to go to around 5 games a season in those days when I was able to scrounge a ticket (often sold out) but with The Amex I bought a season ticket...so what?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
When we have the feeling of 'should be beating teams like spurs', then the disappointment shows how far we've come.
The Irish have a saying -- sometimes it's about drink, sometimes the ladies -- "Tis the failing of a great man, of a warm heart.'
Not approbation, mind you...

There are various ways to be disappointing. I like this way of being disappointing, "Tis the failing of a g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ very, very good team."

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The Irish have a saying -- sometimes it's about drink, sometimes the ladies -- "Tis the failing of a great man, of a warm heart.'
Not approbation, mind y

There are various ways to be disappointing. I like this way of being disappointing, "Tis the failing of a g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ very, very good team."

Wise words...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years. Used to have my own seat at the Elipse pub in Montgomery Street, Hove, during the Goldstone days,
What really embarrassed me was the fact that we could never seem to sell out the Withdean, circa 8000?

Yet suddenly when we moved to the Amex, out come the plastic fans, and our season ticket figures soar. Where were these fans when the club needed them at the Withdean?
That puts us in the same bracket as Reading and their move to a new stadium.

Over to you, tell me something about BHA fans.

Actually, it is not that simple. Yes, far more come to the Amex, but during the Withdean years, Albion had a database of fans that exceeded 20,000 -just that they did not go to every match there.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Easy we are like all footie fans - but better than most, we have never played to empty grounds (even gillingham) was a third full.
We are doing very well fan wise if you ever went to withdean- a dump and my school sports day venue ( i spent 8 seasons as a steward because it was impossible to get a ticket), you couldnt for gods sake spend in excess of £100 per game with 2 kids get programmes, hot dogs, drinks etc
we have the amex i have taken my parents and my grandkids ---- all wonderful occasions , comfortable-dry- friendly - value for money ! and now a proper club again.
Peefed flasks and bottle tops banned but would keep this to selling tickets at the cardiff play off in the turnstile - putting the money into buckets and then emptying them into bin bags was chuffing embarrasing it really was we were a shambles of a club .
That is one of thousands of Brighton fans view- i do find it weird how many Brighton fans are like new faces to me but bring it on a proper club with proper fans ---MAGIC

Although at the Amex the pies are incredible!
:jester: :xmas:

Also without Hughton we wouldn't be in the PL

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have we reached the stage of being "too good to go down". In which case we would be doomed.

Some points would help.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Seems to me the difference here is potential. My guess is that as brilliant as Hughton was for us the club felt that Potter has more in terms of potential.

For me it is way too early to decide if that potential is going to be realised. So far our league position is par for the course, similar to Hughton and enough to keep us up (with a bit of luck).

The question to me is are we showing signs of improving in the future?

With improved performances against the top 6 sides. An increase in possession and attempts on goal and an improvement in our style of play. I would argue that things are looking good.

I would argue that the difference between the two sides today was the pace in the Spurs side and the finishing of both Kane and Deli Alli. Pace and finishing don't come cheap and the reason the top sides are the top sides is that they can afford said player types.

I digress, I am confident that the club will give Potter time to develop his ideas and recruit more if his own players in order to realise said potential.

Nothing I have seen so far would suggest that a change is necessary and I would be disappointed if it happened. We are not Watford!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

way too much common sense. very well put

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I called him on it ages back Stat, and nowt happened then, or in the words of 10cc: Art for art’s sake, money for God’s sake. :moo:

He was called out as Stenning Seagull but the mods didn't believe us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can’t believe the original post has led to 12 pages.
Come on NSC regulars, you’re better than this !

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's simple, we are a couple of points outside of the relegation zone, and something needs to change. Our home form is dreadful, and we are neither creating or converting our chances.

At 0-1 up today we should have been more resolute, but let Spurs back in meekly, leading to another defeat.
It's all well and good playing expansive football, and people cooing over it, but it is a results game.

Was there anything really broken when Houghton was sacked?

Kinel.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
My word, such a short memory.

We must have gone 3 or 4 games in a row under Hughton in the second half of the season without a single SHOT on goal. Compare the stats to literally every game this season so far. We're incomparably better in terms of possession, chances created and shots on goal.

We're halfway through the season and we're doing well, despite some bad luck our heads are still well above water. Nothing needs to change. We've been great this season and we will continue to pick up points throughout the 2nd half of it.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I stopped watching under hughton. So so bad. It was a suprise to even have a shot.

Our home form has been dreadful since Leicester beat us last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here