Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a RANT!!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Also they would get housing benefit so no rent to pay , council tax benefit reduces council tax to about £1.25 a week. Child benefit brings in £20 a week per sprog. Cushy little number for the workshy.

But a painfully low amount for those who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and can't find work.

Those taking the piss should have their benefits cut - but be careful not to tar everyone with the same brush.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But a painfully low amount for those who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and can't find work.

Those taking the piss should have their benefits cut - but be careful not to tar everyone with the same brush.
The Government will be targetting the workshy by cutting their benefits if they refuse to do voluntary or community scheme work after claiming for more than a year. Losing a job still gives a person impetus in finding another job compared to a layabout.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With an afternoon off work yesterday I thought I would enjoy the sunshine and have a beer and read a book on Brighton seafront. As you would imagine, it was packed. There were a few foreign students and uni/college students enjoying their well earned break but the VAST majority near me were what I can only describe as the Brighton 'underclass'.

I know I will sound snobby here but there were literally hundreds around me in their chav fashions, crap tattoos and annoying voices with a 24 pack of Stella/20 Mayfair. I had to listen to their drivel about how it was 'Well fackin noice wevver' and that they could not wait to get down here for the rest of the week and enjoy the sunshine.

Does this piss anyone else off? Whilst the majority of us sweat it out at work trying to graft some pennies, these twunts are living it up on the beach day after day without a care in the world apart from where the next ciggie is coming from.

:rant::rant::rant:

rant over, your thoughts?

What snobby nonsense.

Not a big fan fan of people who look down their noses at other people who are just enjoying a day in the sun in their own way. You know nothing about these folk. Irrespective of who or what they may or may not be, they're sure as hell entitled to use the beach as much as you are.

Anyway, if you plonk yourself down right in front of The Palce Pier then its obviously going to be busy. But go along by the Peace Statue and its more or less deserted. Or spend a pleasant day in the acres of space of Preston Park.

Why not just chill and enjoy the Summer :smokin:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not necessarily, but it's almost certainly bigotry to assume that the targets of the original rant are loafing on benefits just from appearance alone.

I also think that quite a few of those who have never needed to claim any kind of state benefit have a vivid imagination that has all benefit claimants down as living the life of riley.

I like that we have a system to help people who need it, but I'm not naive enough to think it isn't being abused, a lot.

I don't begrudge those that genuinely need assistance, I'm happy for them to have it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here