Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a RANT!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
İbrahim Tatlıses;3016518 said:
How dare people try to enjoy themselves on our beach during the nice weather, the nerve!

Although I must say snobbery is a pretty vile quality and you should really learn to live & let live instead of complaining about others on an internet message board.

.... :glare:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
just like the germans , but take away the crap tattoos and add more wobbly flesh.

....think you're confusing Germany with America.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Government have been promising this since I was a lad, and thats too long ago to remember. There were plenty of dole scroungers even then.

As a student I did holiday work for a big local cleaning firm. The first Thursday the site was like a ghost town.

'Where is everyone' I asked in the naive tones of a 17 year old. The answer came back 'well its dole day and they have all gone down to get their money':wozza:

Is there anybody out there who is a supporter of this Government who can tell me why thety haven't reintroduced the Community Programme or something like it?

In 1987 I was unemployed near Eastbourne. They advertised for a Wildlife Warden on CP, I got just over £100 per week, I think for 4 days, and did training. I got on wildlife study and photography courses and had a really good time for a year. We got a Wildlife Centre going at Beachy Head which -in various forms - still runs to this day.

Then Thatcher wrapped the whole thing up for some stupid reason. A lot of really good community schemes like preserved railways and restoration projects really suffered as a result.

There were some minus points:

A lot of the silverbacks and yuppies took the piss out of you, saying "what crime have you done then?" as they (accidently or not) confused you with "Community Service" for lags.

A lot of the actual participants did the minimum work possible. Most in my area though were conscientious.

£100 didn't get you very far.

I still think it would be a good scheme though. If it was (say) £150 a week now there would be a lot of support.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
With an afternoon off work yesterday I thought I would enjoy the sunshine and have a beer and read a book on Brighton seafront.

Thou were lucky! I finished work early the other day and decided to have a look around Newhaven. It was like being in a third world country, every other shop has closed down, the whole place smells of stale urine and the only people about were teenaged girls pushing prams. Even the flea market has gone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
your rant reminded me of a game of football I had on hove lawns many years ago. A few young gentlemen wanted to have a game with us and we said sure, but for some reason they wanted to wait for their mates to turn up. When they did it was these young gentlemen against me and my mates. They proceeded to kick the f*** out of us as much as possible trying to get a reaction. Eventually my mate had a go back which was the signal they were all waiting for as they all piled in on him en masse. Brave little soldiers that they were. Complete f***ing ***** the lot of them, but, as someone already said, I don't envy their lifestyle one single second. 'course they act like they are having the time of their life. It's all part of their posturing. Only had to look at how ugly their girlfriends were to not get too bothered about my bleeding shins.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rates of Jobseeker's Allowance
Effective from April 2009
Contribution based
Personal Allowance
£50.95 16 - 24
£64.30 25 or over

Hardly enough money to buy a crate of Stella and 20 ciggies a day though is it ?

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
Could not agree more. My parents recently stayed in a part of New Zealand in which those who were 'seeking employment' had to clean the streets until the time they found new employment.

that will just create more unemployment

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Contribution based
Personal Allowance
£50.95 16 - 24
£64.30 25 or over

Hardly enough money to buy a crate of Stella and 20 ciggies a day though is it ?

Don't spoil their fun for fucks sake !...on second thoughts, no go on, post a few more facts and let's see if we can get a 20 pager out of the bigots.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I hate the working class, or the new "underclass" which is comming up through the sewers. Why don't they get a goddam job? I mean members of the aristrocracy, like me, haven't worked but we're stinking rich so who cares?

Sir **** ***** 4th bt of Ripley

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I have thrown to towel in and have decided to join them.

These are the people who realise that the may as ell take all the state benefits under the sun and never work. Pop out 5 or 6 sprogs , Bob's your Uncle.

Now all I need is to find some young/middle aged Chav to pregnate and I will be sorted.

once again, another CRACKING post from my favourite poster :clap:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
no, ive seen enough wurst munching , augustus gloop lookalike, german fatties while abroad not to get the two confused.

Austrians maybe?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't spoil their fun for fucks sake !...on second thoughts, no go on, post a few more facts and let's see if we can get a 20 pager out of the bigots.

It's bigotry to be annoyed by people loafing on benefits?

Sure, jobseeker's allowance on it's own isn't enough to live on, but there is also child benefits, tax breaks, many discounts or freebies to those unemployed (such as dentists, the spanish classes previously mentioned in the thread, rent allowances and tax exemptions etc), with cheap booze in supermarkets, it's not the struggle the job seeker's allowance amounts suggests.

I'm not saying they have it easy, just saying that listing what someone gets on job seekers allowance alone isn't exactly the only fact to be presented.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Contribution based
Personal Allowance
£50.95 16 - 24
£64.30 25 or over

Also they would get housing benefit so no rent to pay , council tax benefit reduces council tax to about £1.25 a week. Child benefit brings in £20 a week per sprog. Cushy little number for the workshy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's bigotry to be annoyed by people loafing on benefits?

Not necessarily, but it's almost certainly bigotry to assume that the targets of the original rant are loafing on benefits just from appearance alone.

I also think that quite a few of those who have never needed to claim any kind of state benefit have a vivid imagination that has all benefit claimants down as living the life of riley.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
that will just create more unemployment
With all the eastern Europeans returning home because of the high cost of living here there are plenty of jobs - litter picking , social housing maintenance , hedgerow trimming , painting lampposts etc etc.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not necessarily, but it's almost certainly bigotry to assume that the targets of the original rant are loafing on benefits just from appearance alone.

I also think that quite a few of those who have never needed to claim any kind of state benefit have a vivid imagination that has all benefit claimants down as living the life of riley.

Try and stop yourself before its too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here