Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a RANT!!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
the government are bringing in new rules that makes long term unemployed do STUFF to earn their benefits, so fingers crossed, next time you see a TOWNIE on the beach in the summer, they will in fact be clearing rubbish.

let's get CIVIL citizens, whoop whoop!

Government have been promising this since I was a lad, and thats too long ago to remember. There were plenty of dole scroungers even then.

As a student I did holiday work for a big local cleaning firm. The first Thursday the site was like a ghost town.

'Where is everyone' I asked in the naive tones of a 17 year old. The answer came back 'well its dole day and they have all gone down to get their money':wozza:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With an afternoon off work yesterday I thought I would enjoy the sunshine and have a beer and read a book on Brighton seafront. As you would imagine, it was packed. There were a few foreign students and uni/college students enjoying their well earned break but the VAST majority near me were what I can only describe as the Brighton 'underclass'.

I know I will sound snobby here but there were literally hundreds around me in their chav fashions, crap tattoos and annoying voices with a 24 pack of Stella/20 Mayfair. I had to listen to their drivel about how it was 'Well fackin noice wevver' and that they could not wait to get down here for the rest of the week and enjoy the sunshine.

Does this piss anyone else off? Whilst the majority of us sweat it out at work trying to graft some pennies, these twunts are living it up on the beach day after day without a care in the world apart from where the next ciggie is coming from.

rant over, your thoughts?

Apparantly Hove Born & Bred didnt have a curry apppointment in London that day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With an afternoon off work yesterday I thought I would enjoy the sunshine and have a beer and read a book on Brighton seafront. As you would imagine, it was packed. There were a few foreign students and uni/college students enjoying their well earned break but the VAST majority near me were what I can only describe as the Brighton 'underclass'.

I know I will sound snobby here but there were literally hundreds around me in their chav fashions, crap tattoos and annoying voices with a 24 pack of Stella/20 Mayfair. I had to listen to their drivel about how it was 'Well fackin noice wevver' and that they could not wait to get down here for the rest of the week and enjoy the sunshine.

Does this piss anyone else off? Whilst the majority of us sweat it out at work trying to graft some pennies, these twunts are living it up on the beach day after day without a care in the world apart from where the next ciggie is coming from.

:rant::rant::rant:

rant over, your thoughts?

I think you'll find there are a lot of unemployed people at the moment.

Anyways, the central bit of the beach is always full of white trash (before Bushy accuses me of double standards please look up the words literal and sentiment). Move along a bit. I go to the beach for an hour or so pretty much every lunch time and where I go it is peaceful.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I cycle along from King Alfred's to (some days) the marina. The busiest part tends to be between the piers. It seems to be jam packed there, meanwhile the edges of my journey seem to be much more peaceful and perhaps the sort of place you'd want to go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cycle along from King Alfred's to (some days) the marina. The busiest part tends to be between the piers. It seems to be jam packed there, meanwhile the edges of my journey seem to be much more peaceful and perhaps the sort of place you'd want to go.

Exactly.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
For a 30 week course it is £180, but if you are on benefits and not working you get to do the course for £60. It is not a qualification to help you get back into employment but for use on hoilday, why the f*** should I pay 2/3rds more because I have GOT a job :censored:

:jester:

You're not a maths teacher are you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I see your back in South London - how are you finding it?
its got its good and bad points to be honest, before i moved back i hadnt lived in london for 10 years , its good that my journey time to work is now 35 mins door to door, but even though i hardly ever saw my kids during the week, the option to do nip round to see them was always there if i got home early enough, now thats no longer possible and the physical distance is greater makes it a bit of a choker to be honest.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
its got its good and bad points to be honest, before i moved back i hadnt lived in london for 10 years , its good that my journey time to work is now 35 mins door to door, but even though i hardly ever saw my kids during the week, the option to do nip round to see them was always there if i got home early enough, now thats no longer possible and the physical distance is greater makes it a bit of a choker to be honest.

You're doing well to be able to afford it, I would love to return back to Brighton but can't ever see it happening.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah plenty of scum. Drain on society that they are.

At least the decent birds down there dont see them as serious contenders for their affections. Can also be used as a good ice breaker with the birds by slagging the chavs off

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I thought i was being snobby and probably am but i think the same.Iv just returned to Brighton from uni and although i love this place dearly it does seem to get more chavvy everytime i come back...maybe its the same everywhere?? went down to the beach on a weekday last week and it was packed with knobs of the highest order

eg.burnt to crisp ended bell strutting with his mate along prom,ben sherman shirt undone showing off his disgusting lanky frame and then saying 'lets get sum f***ing fish and chips'.........his mate replied."f***ing yeeees mate':lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's also the central busiest part where most people seem to ignore both the cycle path, and the bikes using it, feeling they can walk wherever they like even straight into oncoming bikes that they've had ample time to see. What don't they understand? The white line separating the bike lane? The reddish strip in the pavement? The pictures of the bike in it?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're doing well to be able to afford it, I would love to return back to Brighton but can't ever see it happening.

There is going to be lots of repo properties on the market before too long , so there will be bargains to be had. You'll still be able to do your TV spots on Channel M via webcam.:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought i was being snobby and probably am but i think the same.Iv just returned to Brighton from uni and although i love this place dearly it does seem to get more chavvy everytime i come back...maybe its the same everywhere?? went down to the beach on a weekday last week and it was packed with knobs of the highest order

eg.burnt to crisp ended bell strutting with his mate along prom,ben sherman shirt undone showing off his disgusting lanky frame and then saying 'lets get sum f***ing fish and chips'.........his mate replied."f***ing yeeees mate':lol:

It's nothing new. This is how the English do summer: lager, wobbly flesh, crap tattoos, sunburn and chips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here