Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time for a new, modern National Anthem?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
for an update? Even Flour of Scotchland is a better anthem now for our modern world??
I absolutely hate our NA it's a monarchist dirge. As a republican, and listening to the rousing French anthem, surely it's time
Well, there's a reason for the French having a 'rousing' republican anthem - France is a republic. On the other hand, the United KIngdom is a......... oh never mind, haven't you got it yet?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, there's a reason for the French having a 'rousing' republican anthem - France is a republic. On the other hand, the United KIngdom is a......... oh never mind, haven't you got it yet?
That's the thing though. It's the UK anthem and not the English one. I've never understood why it's used for the English football team as well as PLAYER X WASNT SINGING IT criticism in years gone by.

Jerusalem works better for the cricket.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I absolutely hate our NA it's a monarchist dirge. As a republican, and listening to the rousing French anthem, surely it's time for an update? Even Flour of Scotchland is a better anthem now for our modern world??
I certainly don't agree there's anything wrong with the national anthem. It would be good to have an England anthem though - and not Three Lions !

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Is this a National Anthem for England or for the UK? If the former "England Arise" as I suggested on another thread. If the latter, then perhaps something newly composed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Lazy Sunday by Small Faces. nice sing a long and got that do-di-do-di-do bit to shout out like the current anthem. winner.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My absolute favourite thing about the national anthem is how everyone always comes in late, after the drums in the beginning.

It's not until the "nanananana send him victorious" bit that everyone lines up again.

It's makes a miserable piece of music asking a god that doesn't exist to save the figurehead of an establishment that should have already been consigned to history really funny.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
well i guess that unlike you, "Harry" and "Zeb" we don't spend thousands of hours and posts on here. I dunno, maybe I should keep up....
You have to put the hours in if you fancy yourself as a thread-starter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, a really poor one as you NSC perma-fixtures enjoy a group wank over your joint 180,000 posts
So young, and yet so bitter.

Off with your head!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, a really poor one as you NSC perma-fixtures enjoy a group wank over your joint 180,000 posts
You have actually looked at our post count and added it up?
All by yourself?

Christ.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here