Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tim Westwood.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
One of the best (IMHO) UK rappers of recent years is Mic Righteous - he's got a bit of a story to his upbringing and was on the verge of breaking into the mainstream, was doing a few bits on Radio 1, did a track with one of the blokes from One Direction etc, and then he targeted Westwood over a few things and made some insinuations about him...total career suicide given Westwood's profile, but Mic Righteous stood by it and disappeared except for the underground scene. Still records a bit and it'll be interesting to see his reaction to this news given it pretty much ended his career outside YouTube.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Reading this tonight it’s unfathomable how widespread this appears to be. If true, throw those keys away. It’s as if anyone at the Beeb that’s a DJ needs 24hr supervision. Deeply disturbing news.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Always came across as a ****, depressing if true that another DJ guilty of this type of behaviour.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He put the moves on a friend of my brothers back in the day.
The part he didn't think through was that giving your number to a barely 15 year old girl can lead to her handing it to her friends and then you get a whole gang of 14/15 year old boys taking it in turns to prank call you every time they meet up for at least a year.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
A very disappointing story and the bloke is probably an ******** but I'm not sure i like the bloke being found guilty by the BBC and Guardian rather than court of law

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Always came across as a ****, depressing if true that another DJ guilty of this type of behaviour.

surely he's not down at Saville's level , worming your way into hospitals , mental institutions and young girls borstals to provide ourself victims on tap. He looks a bit of a div tbh.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ongoing legal case. How is this allowed?!

Can we use this thread to talk about Bissouma?

Sorry mods, this is poor.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
surely he's not down at Saville's level , worming your way into hospitals , mental institutions and young girls borstals to provide ourself victims on tap. He looks a bit of a div tbh.

Anyone around the university student Union scene in the late 90’s/early 00’s will be able to attest to his obvious lecherous behaviour towards people less than half his age and most certainly using his position of influence inappropriately. It was visceral.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
First time (and last time) I saw him was on the UK version of Pimp My Ride. I have no idea how he became such an influence in the UK rap scene as he was so obviously blatantly fake and hateful. Absolute cretin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First time (and last time) I saw him was on the UK version of Pimp My Ride. I have no idea how he became such an influence in the UK rap scene as he was so obviously blatantly fake and hateful. Absolute cretin.

That’s the thing, he isn’t a fake when it comes to the music. His knowledge and love of the genre is second to few. This was how he broke many new artists, how he got all the big interviews etc.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ongoing legal case. How is this allowed?!

Can we use this thread to talk about Bissouma?

Sorry mods, this is poor.

It’s not an ongoing case, it’s an investigation by the BBC and the Guardian. As yet, there has been no Police involvement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

“I have no idea how he became such an influence in the entertainment scene as he was so obviously blatantly fake and hateful. Absolute cretin.”

I can say this of Saville too (although he was clearly on another level to Westwood).

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Mrs AR and moi went to an Eminem gig at the MK Bowl, supported by Cypress Hill, D12 and 50 Cent.
Basically an all American affair, brilliant music but spoilt by TW and his fake image :shrug:

And what a gig that was. Cypress Hill on stage with the biggest joint i have ever seen then Eminem coming out late wasted but doing what he did best

Happy days !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I once had a mate that had a regular DJ gig in Magaluf and Ibiza on consecutive nights a good while back and I often went with him. One week we went out a bit earlier and a BBC Radio 1 / 1XTRA weekend in Magaluf was ending and got chatting to a female member of staff who basically admitted he needed a chaperone when on things like this for the BBC so it was certainly known it could be a 'bit' problematic. But that said anyone who is DJing in night clubs full of women were probably a bit seedy regardless of age. But some of these claims go way beyond that.

It is strange that his current employer Global (owner of Capital, Heart, Radio X etc) knew about these claims in 2020 and he was never even suspended pending investigation so does look like he is being protected to some ends

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here