Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets selling well then!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Albion boss concerned by slow ticket sales
By Brian Owen

Dean Wilkins has called on Albion fans to turn out to see what his new look team can do against top-flight opponents.

The Seagulls are struggling to sell tickets to their own supporters for the first of their two home pre-season dates, against Premiership outfit Fulham a week tonight.

Fulham have already sold their allocation of 900 tickets - and as things stand that makes up more than half of the crowd.

The Kerry Mayo testimonial, featuring a fixture with Reading, on July 28 has attracted a decent amount of interest but the club are particularly disappointed with the response for the Fulham game after cutting prices to £10 for adults, £5 for under-16s and £1 for under-tens.

Seagulls boss Wilkins said: "We have sorted out the problem where our stands used to be needed for the British Open golf and we are now able to stage a couple of good home friendlies.

"We have got two Premiership clubs and I think we have made things as attractive as we can for supporters."

Albion kick-off their pre-season schedule at Worthing tomorrow. Their only fitness worry is defender Andrew Whing, who has been suffering with a virus.

But the Seagulls are likely to adopt a cautious approach with their players who are coming back from injury, such as Adam Hinshelwood, Charlie Oatway and Paul Reid.

Tickets for Albion's home friendlies are available online at seagulls.co.uk, from the ticket office at 5, Queens Road, Brighton or by calling (01273 776992). Both games are all-ticket.

Good work chaps!:dunce:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And you wonder why, when you see the quote on the next article....

"Manager Dean Wilkins has told fans not to expect to see anything particularly new in terms of tactics."

Oh happy days!:jester:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Two premiership teams. OK, can't argue with that

But mediocre Premiership teams at best.

What did they expect? To be turning thousands of dissapointed people away from Withdean?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Can you imagine playing a home game in front of more away supporters than home ones?

With Fulham fans so far away from the pitch, it would actually seem EMPTY.
Brilliant!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
i wanted to go to the fulham game, but i stil havent got a job :-( meaning can't get down for the game. but that is embarassing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if it was a saturday afternoon then maybe you might get a better crowd - but is wilkins really suprised given the dire performances his team put out last season that people don't want to sit through 90 minutes of pain, which is also completely meaningless, on a friday night?

night on the town is much more appealing than watching charlie oatway wander cluelessly around a pitch

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I just haven't got round to getting our tickets yet, but I will be going. We had a good friendly against Leicester when they were in the Prem a few years ago with a classic moment of the squirrel on the pitch.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
...a classic moment of the squirrel on the pitch.

LOL - only at Withdean! :lol:

When it comes to friendlies I'm firmly in the indifferent camp. Unless it's going to be Liverpool, Spurs (like we had in our last couple of seasons at The Goldstone) or the like, I'm just not going to be motivated to leave the beer garden and head out to Withdean.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I won't be back from Lords until between 8-9pm so I could'nt go anyway. One of the biggest attraction of friendlies in the past used to be the chance to see some of the new signings, but Forster is really the only 'new' face we've signed so theres probably little attraction for many people. Whing was a decent acquisition but most fans will have seen him before - plus many people will be away on summer hols so a low attendance is hardly surprising IMO.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
if it was a saturday afternoon then maybe you might get a better crowd - but is wilkins really suprised given the dire performances his team put out last season that people don't want to sit through 90 minutes of pain, which is also completely meaningless, on a friday night?

night on the town is much more appealing than watching charlie oatway wander cluelessly around a pitch

Scotty you are so right, my wife and i would love to come down and watch the Fulham game, and we would if it was on a saturday, but she does not finish work till 5.30pm and i dont think even i can get from Bridgend in South Wales to Brighton in time for the kick off :p having said that we are probably going to Worthing tomorrow....cos we can :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here