Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets selling well then!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is everybody really THAT jaded by the recent lacklustre performances that they're getting snotty about the visit of Premiership teams, albeit only in a friendly? If so, it don't bode well for Falmer, let alone the coming season. The club that died of apathy?

That worries me too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unless you give me Manchester United, Chelsea, or Liverpool, I'll always find something better to do on a Friday night than watch a FRIENDLY I'm afraid.

Or go to our local football club AGM - cannot be in two places at once.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We have too many plastics maybe? What about all those that turned up to see Forest play after two dire seasons at The Priestfield. Our team certainly has more promise than that squad. Or did they just want the programme et al for Brighton's return. :rolleyes:

Catch 22 - The play will continue to be dire if we do not show our support and 'readies'.

trouble is, when we returned to brighton there was a feel good factor around the club. we had a young and promising manager who had done well since he had arrived, we were back in our home city, with a squad that had been invested in and bolstered by half of the brentford team that had just won the league. falmer was a few years away, and the club was on the up

compare that to now - we are coming off the back of one of the most dire seasons in recent memory, the novelty of withdean has now worn off, and falmer is still a few years down the line. add to that the ludicrous prices of tickets and that is why people cant be bothered

if there had of been a major reshuffle of players, with 8 or 9 new faces coming in then there would be a more optimistic feel as there would be the chance of an improvement on last season. as it is, one ageing striker and a full back is hardly going to capture the imagination

as for the catch 22 of supporting the team and they will do well, it is true to a certain extent. but a decent manager and a decent team can do well without the support of a large crowd - just look at where we were when brian horton left

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Im sure friendlys are the kind of thing that you decide apon at the last minuite, and with news that there wont be any trouble getting tickets is it any wonder that its not sold more?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Im sure friendlys are the kind of thing that you decide apon at the last minuite, and with news that there wont be any trouble getting tickets is it any wonder that its not sold more?

Thing is tho, you can't really decide at the last minute. Well you can, if you book online and collect at the ground, but it's not the same as just turning up and paying on the gate, which we're not allowed to.

PLEASE let the ticket office be open this morning

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Thing is tho, you can't really decide at the last minute. Well you can, if you book online and collect at the ground, but it's not the same as just turning up and paying on the gate, which we're not allowed to.

PLEASE let the ticket office be open this morning

It should be, but if it isn't then I'll get yours during the week when I get ours. I can nip in anytime now during my lunch break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here