Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tickets for the 1st game at wembley

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
There will be loads of chances to get to see the new wembley. It will be half empty when we are playing a friendly against Malta and everyone else is at the Euros :lolol:

Ahhh who remembers the days of big crowds at Wembley for internationals...........................................

like less than 34,000 turning up to watch a 0-0 draw between England and N.Ireland.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Storer68 - my years following England at home were 79-85-ish - and I stood in a lot of small Wembley crowds - some full ones as well mind - but plenty where the crowd were ratlling around.

I won't miss the old dump.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
coventrygull said:
There will be loads of chances to get to see the new wembley. It will be half empty when we are playing a friendly against Malta and everyone else is at the Euros :lolol:

Will the tickets be £10 each for them as well then

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So gutted - i got through hit 4 tickets and submit and f***ing crashed... AGAIN IF anyone has spares pls forward to grateful old me...:(

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
all the ebay listings are being removed, is there a website that these people can go on and sell without getting them removed.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Turkey said:
Perhaps we could all meet up in a chosen pub after the game too see the scores come in?

Long day in the pub then, as the senior team k/off around 5:30.

I'm just going to get the albion score texted to me so i can be back in brighton for the israel game

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
:down: If anyone has 1 spare tickets I will pay anything for it! :wave: PM If you have one ta.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
When I got kicked out of the queue I sent the FA Complaints Unit an e-mail. Got the automated response and thought that would be the end of it. However, this evening I got the following e-mail from the FA:

Many thanks for contacting The FA.

The first hour of ticket sales created an unprecedented load on our internet site with tens of thousands of people queuing for tickets. Despite careful planning and testing, our queuing system was overwhelmed and many visitors experienced problems trying to get into the ticketing website.

The ticketing system was constantly selling tickets from 3pm until we were sold out at around 8.40pm. The ticketing system did not crash, but the queuing system failed in the early stages of the sale, and was not fault free until around half way through the sale.

We apologise for the problems that you experienced and we will work to ensure these problems are limited for future ticket sales.

Kind regards,

Alex Howells | Customer Relations Officer
The Football Association

Not convinced by their explanation but fair play to them for responding - just a shame it didn't include an offer of tickets for the match!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here