Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Prices - The club were right, we were wrong

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They cut the prices, and still hardly anyone turned up. Attendance today was virtually the same as for the Wycombe game I think.

Wouldn't blame them if they kept the prices at the normal level in a similar situation next time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the club had charged 24 the gate would have been a lot lower IMHO. Also, it's about good will as well....not just gates.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Wasn't pissing it down everyday leading up to the Wycombe game though...
Also wasn't a 4-4, entertaining game before R&D.
It's not JUST about the price, believe it or not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well if they were charging £22.50, then I would NOT have been there this afternoon.

Hell. Kind of wish they had now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought today's attendance was shocking. Okay it rained, but that's life. Shocking turnout from Rushden as well for what I assume is their biggest game of the season?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
and if we get a plum home draw in the next round I'd have no objection to the tickets being £30+ for non STH - basic supply & demand

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
and if we get a plum home draw in the next round I'd have no objection to the tickets being £30+ for non STH - basic supply & demand

I bloody well would. That would be taking the piss. The amount of overpriced crocks of shit we have seen in the last couple of seasons the least we deserve is a resonably priced glamour tie.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fact remains the club reduced the price as per a lot of the comments on here and it still doesn't attract a reasonable crowd.

Perhaps all those that are prepared to criticize the club may think twice before doing so next time.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Agree with Easy, I wouldn't have shelled out another £25 for this game. Very disappointing crowd anyway, no matter what the excuses.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fact remains the club reduced the price as per a lot of the comments on here and it still doesn't attract a reasonable crowd.

Perhaps all those that are prepared to criticize the club may think twice before doing so next time.

Beats me why anyone is surprised by this, a huge amount of fans wouldn't go to Withdean even if it was free.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I went with 2 others. none of us would have gone at the normal price.

I do wonder if my 2 mates, casual fans, will come back after being soaked & cold and having watched such a poor standard of game.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The club did the right thing. Me and my boy went for £16 (£15 adult, £1 under 10) - i think that was spot on for this match. I am surprised there were not more there.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
They cut the prices, and still hardly anyone turned up. Attendance today was virtually the same as for the Wycombe game I think.

Wouldn't blame them if they kept the prices at the normal level in a similar situation next time.

well i can name you 5 people (including myself) who would'nt have gone if tickets were full price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Facts are noone wants to watch a match which:

1) is against non-league opposition.
2) in the FA Cup.
3) at Withdean.
4) involving Adam El Abd.

I'm amazed 3,600 turned up.

So you never went then...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports