Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well OBVIOUSLY it will be, won't it? Do you seriously think that, with 22,000 seats to fill, the ticket office next season will consist of three people, answering the phone at the same time as selling replica shirts and Albion babygrows to anyone who pops in?

I wouldn't be at all surprised... the current set up is vastly inadequate and has been for a while, so I fully expect that next season's set up will also be vastly in accurate, besides, they spend so much time trying to get us to register online, I do seriously believe they are not planning to change much next season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For starters, the shop itself is about five times the size of the existing one, so I'm pretty sure they'd have to take on more staff just to man that, let alone the ticket office.

Frankly if the ticket office staff were expected to sell tickets for a 22,000 seat stadium with the same manpower and infrastructure we currently use for 8000, they'd probably go on strike. I think you're worrying unnecessarily.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Today, more than ever, is a f***ing JOKE!

Seriously, i know the staff that are in there do a good job, but how can you be this understaffed when it shouldn't even be that busy. Even one person can surely serve people at a quicker rate than this.

I started at position 12, am now at 8 and have been on hold for SIXTY-TWO minutes. I am sorry but that is f***ing beyond AMATEUR, it is a f***ing ticket office and all that they have to do is sell f***ing TICKETS! :angry::angry::angry:

Rant over

Or for the sake of £2 buy them online in 2 minutes and get them delivered to your door???
Just a thought.....

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
I'm trying to buy Orient tickets today. I've never purchased on-line with the club before (usually rely on friends who live locally to sort out, but they can't make this game). Here's my experience so far:

- The website doesn't recognise my fan number.
- When I try and register it says I already have a record.
- When I try use my fan number and my post code (as suggested) it does not allow me to login
- When I then try and recover my password it returns no message, nor does it email me

Therefore having wasted an hour on the phone today my only alternative is to email them and hope for the best.

I work in IT and I'm racking my brains to think of a worse on-line ticket/ordering system I've come across.

Or for the sake of £2 buy them online in 2 minutes and get them delivered to your door???
Just a thought.....

The online system doesn't seem to recognise peoples fan numbers and previous buying history.
Even though I have bought on line many times as a blue member I tells me I have to have purchased previously to be able to purchase now.

Watford tickets don't appear to be available on line. See quote.

Blue Members and Young Seagulls
Any unsold tickets will be available to Blue members and Young Seagulls online, via the ticketline on 0845 496 1901 and in person at the Albion ticket office from 10am on Wednesday 19th January

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm trying to buy Orient tickets today. I've never purchased on-line with the club before (usually rely on friends who live locally to sort out, but they can't make this game). Here's my experience so far:

- When I try use my fan number and my post code (as suggested) it does not allow me to login
- When I then try and recover my password it returns no message, nor does it email me

Therefore having wasted an hour on the phone today my only alternative is to email them and hope for the best.

I work in IT and I'm racking my brains to think of a worse on-line ticket/ordering system I've come across.

The online system will be upgraded for next season , at present we have the basic version suitable for smaller clubs in L1 and L2 , other clubs in the Premier and Championship use a different package.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Yeah, what a JOKE the ticket office are.

How three people are struggling is beyond me.

After all, they've only got to deal with queries about Amex tickets, Bournemouth tickets, Watford tickets, Bristol Rovers tickets and Leyton Orient tickets. Oh, and that's in addition to two games we've got at Withdean in the next month. And queries about direct debit forms and Falmer season ticket appointments too.

And all that when they've requested people buy match tickets online and have warned people they are very busy at the moment.

Throw in the fact that this thread was started at lunch time as well, it suggests the club have the AUDACITY to give their staff lunch breaks.

In short then, the ticket office, what a total shambles. :jester:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

After all, they've only got to deal with queries about Amex tickets, Bournemouth tickets, Watford tickets, Bristol Rovers tickets and Leyton Orient tickets. Oh, and that's in addition to two games we've got at Withdean in the next month. And queries about direct debit forms and Falmer season ticket appointments too.

And all that when they've requested people buy match tickets online and have warned people they are very busy at the moment.

Throw in the fact that this thread was started at lunch time as well, it suggests the club have the AUDACITY to give their staff lunch breaks.

Couldn't agree more. I went in today, granted I had to queue for 15mins or so, but some of the questions they were answering from people, in person and on the phone, were pathetic. "So if I want to pay by direct debit, I have to fill a form in?". Grrrrrrrrrr.

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
Although I found fault with the website today, I emailed the club today at 1:30pm and they came back at 5:45pm with the information I required to login and they had updated my details etc, so hats off to them.

I have now successfully purchased an Orient ticket on-line.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath

I had the same problem with my husbands account ... even though we had purchased away tickets before on it...... i ended up ringing the ticket office and they were very helpful and sorted the problem straight away......I know it is annoying but they sorted the problem instantly so in the future it will be a piece if cake.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'd LOVE to be able to buy online, but their system declines my card for no apparent reason (the system they use when I phone doesn't decline my card, interestingly)

that's likely due to an address verification miss-match. it'll be your card company, not the club. i.e If your billing address doesn't match your account address.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Just a thought.....

Nice one chopper, although its the same booking fee regardless so I appreciate the sarcasm

Right, if you bothered to read it my thread started at 12.02 and i'd been on the phone for over an hour, meaning i'd started my call before 11am. Secondly I state right at the start that the staff do a good job, it is not them i am having a pop at, its the bloody SYSTEM and the club being too cheaparse to employ more people, even on a temporary basis.

Seeing as you will all no doubt be dying to know, the battery on my wireless phone in my office died before i even got through after 90 minutes! Consequently i decided the best course of action was to make up the details as best i could for the 2 other people i was buying for, register them online as newbies, add them via their fake profiles to mine, then buy the tickets online.

Luckily mine was just for buying tickets for the home game on Tuesday, i suspect if they don't make the Orient game all ticket i'm gonna have problems trying to buy away ones with these memberships but we'll see.

Seriously, even for a short term thing, surely the clubs can get temps in for times like this, its hardly like there's nobody out there looking for work is there!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just haven't the will, time or patience with the phone or online. I send my retired father in to the club shop to get my away tickets.

It keeps him active.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I too emailed the club about my Fan number etc and they sorted it well for me. I am now registered online but can't get teh Rovers tickets yet as just a white member. Hopefully tomorrow I can have this sorted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ill save people the hassle of putting this:facepalm:

BUT its the Orient game pay on the day?

With all this going to hospital nonsence, I am not sure if I can make the game and don't want to commit to a ticket now

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I just haven't the will, time or patience with the phone or online. I send my retired father in to the club shop to get my away tickets.

It keeps him active.

Perhaps this could be expanded upon by getting elderly people to go out and do all of our shopping while we're at work and call it care in the community.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dad just rang. Apparantly there is a MASSIVE queue. He was waiting half and hour to be served.

And their system has crashed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here