Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why don't people buy their football tickets online as well as their lottery tickets. If there is a problem with a credit card then get it sorted, speak to your card provider and find out why there is a problem. Alternatively, you can go on queuing and then coming on here for a needless rant.

Because the online system is ALSO useless.

I don't see why they don't outsource the phone lines, that way you have the 2 people in the club shop doing things in person then 3 people in a call center somewhere answering all phone enquiries, surely the cost will be minimal compared to our playing budget and it'll really smooth out the process.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Can I ask a question for someone who is an online ticket purchasing virgin. I am a white member, I have just registered online but how do they know I am a white member and therefore allow me to buy tickets for away games? Is there someway of linking me to my address? At the moment I am getting the message "A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the following product Gold, Blue, White or GG M'Ship. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket." It would appear that my login is not linked. Any help??

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Why don't people buy their football tickets online as well as their lottery tickets. If there is a problem with a credit card then get it sorted, speak to your card provider and find out why there is a problem. Alternatively, you can go on queuing and then coming on here for a needless rant.

I'm not ranting, just commenting. I tried to buy online, but my Blue membership has expired (probably my fault, but I didn't get a reminder), and it's not letting me renew online. Strangely, my purchase history shows me buying two Blue memberships in late 2009!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Can I ask a question for someone who is an online ticket purchasing virgin. I am a white member, I have just registered online but how do they know I am a white member and therefore allow me to buy tickets for away games? Is there someway of linking me to my address? At the moment I am getting the message "A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the following product Gold, Blue, White or GG M'Ship. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket." It would appear that my login is not linked. Any help??

Maybe you dont exist, like I appear to not exist....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
took me nearly 2 hours to get through from position 10. in fairness the automated message says if you're at 5 or above try again later.
My brothers experience too the week before last when needing to swap stands - you can't do that online, computer says no!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being retired and living in Haywards Heath I find it easier to use my 'old codgers' bus pass and go into the shop. I havent even tried on line but as somebody else said on Monday there was a young girl on the phone constantly and 1 young chap selling tickets over the counter. My criticism is that there always appears to be 2 or 3 chaps standing around in the shop could they not train 1 up to multi task so that wherever was busiest the shop or the ticket office, he could jump in and help out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Because the online system is ALSO useless.

I don't see why they don't outsource the phone lines, that way you have the 2 people in the club shop doing things in person then 3 people in a call center somewhere answering all phone enquiries, surely the cost will be minimal compared to our playing budget and it'll really smooth out the process.

Only needs a "virtual" call centre , with people working from home to reduce costs even more. Doesn't the Falmer ST helpline get answered by a call centre team down in the South West ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only needs a "virtual" call centre , with people working from home to reduce costs even more. Doesn't the Falmer ST helpline get answered by a call centre team down in the South West ?

No, the Falmer ST line goes to the same people that deal with match tickets. When I phoned to book my presentation the recorded message gave lots of info about forthcoming matches. I had to have three attempts to book the Falmer as I only allowed 30 minutes waiting time and then allowed 50 minutes. Finally, when I allowed 90 minutes I got through after 65.

It's not really very efficient though. I think it's fair enough that you can't go through immediately but a wait of more than 15 minutes is poor and a wait for more than an hour is unacceptable

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No, the Falmer ST line goes to the same people that deal with match tickets. When I phoned to book my presentation the recorded message gave lots of info about forthcoming matches. I had to have three attempts to book the Falmer as I only allowed 30 minutes waiting time and then allowed 50 minutes. Finally, when I allowed 90 minutes I got through after 65.

It's not really very efficient though. I think it's fair enough that you can't go through immediately but a wait of more than 15 minutes is poor and a wait for more than an hour is unacceptable

Yeah, just got through after 80 minutes! Very pleasant, but she said it was manic sorting three big games AND Amex. Definitely extra staff needed, or some other solution.

What got me though, is that they "don't send out reminders for Blue Memberships". Why not? It's all extra money, and I can't be the only one to have missed renewal. Would have saved me blocking the phone line, as I could have done it on the interweb.

BTW, they won't receive the Watford tickets until Monday, so don't start the "Who's got their ticket?" threads until Tuesday!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Your white membership number should be your fan number, password by default is your postcode with no spaces. Using this the system will then know who you are etc. As you've discovered, registering yourself from scratch beats the system!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought my white membership was a one off, not needing to be renewed every season. Is that not the case??

The white membership is a one off payment of £10. If you were in the former Away Member Scheme you had to re-apply to join the white scheme before a certain date to avoid paying out another fee. I believe the membership schemes are being overhauled for next season to take into account a points system for allocating tickets for priority home and away games.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I thought my white membership was a one off, not needing to be renewed every season. Is that not the case??

I assumed White was a one-off, and that my lapsed Blue would be downgraded to a White. But don't take my word for it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just booked my Watford ticket online, so, thanks for the reminder. Took me under a minute.

Just thought you'd like to know :p

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Anything will do, but next season we will potentially be selling 20000 cup seats for a home game at falmer, and have 2x away matches with capacities of 6000 all going at the same time. 2 people in the club shop as nice as they are, simply won't be able to handle that, something HAS to be done.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anything will do, but next season we will potentially be selling 20000 cup seats for a home game at falmer, and have 2x away matches with capacities of 6000 all going at the same time. 2 people in the club shop as nice as they are, simply won't be able to handle that, something HAS to be done.

Well OBVIOUSLY it will be, won't it? Do you seriously think that, with 22,000 seats to fill, the ticket office next season will consist of three people, answering the phone at the same time as selling replica shirts and Albion babygrows to anyone who pops in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here