Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Exchange Non Use Penalty - £10 Per Printed Ticket "Policy Change" Now In Place

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'm with the club on this one. It is your season ticket, for you to use. Not your season ticket to sell as you see fit when you cannot attend. If you trust someone enough to give them your card (for example, family, close friends) then you can share a season ticket, that is fine. If you do not trust someone enough to give them your smart card then you are just reselling your seat which the club do not have to support and is illegal (rightly or wrongly). They should have communicated the price rise for reprinting better (or at all) but this is the only thing wrong with this decision.

Well said I agree 100%. I have a few people who I would trust with my smart card, however as I attend most games this is not needed. It seems to me that this effects people who are looking to miss a number of games in a season( Maybe for most midweek games). I would suggest that they PAYG and not have season tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As it is 1pm, I declare myself all out of anger for the day*, and I shall turn my attentions to this evening's soccerball-fest.

(* - until such time as an outrageous decision goes against the Albion, or a dreadful tackle threatens injury to one of our flairistas.)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not me posting I'm worried about its getting them back. I only ever sell at cost (£20 each) so I would be £10 down at least if they never materialised.
The cost of postage is part of the, er, cost. Your seats will hopefully be better than the ones available from the club, and charging £60 the pair is very reasonable - it'd cost more for leftover seats from the club. Only sell to people you trust and it should be no problem.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
£10 for duplicated ticket off ST card..

How do the club find it acceptable to charge £10 for a duplicated ticket off a smartcard when they deactivate the smartcard anyway? Where is the logic in this, just seems like the club are trying to take more money when supporters pay enough money for the ST anyway.

An email in response to this was not very helpful at all and just came across as a little bit rude.

" The purpose of the charge is to discourage passing the season ticket to family and friends and not to rip off supporters."

This is nothing to do with me but for someone I know who doesn't use NSC very often but he isn't happy about this at all.

Surely, if you want to sell your ticket onto somebody you know what is the problem with that? It seems the club don't seem to like it?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not if it's face value or under face value?

resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.

Nope

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Nobody can say they weren't warned as this is why they were selling the PSL's and was quite clearly stated during my presentation

How does the PSL work in this situation? Do they get free tickets printed for each game to give to whoever they want?

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
I queried the point to our new chief executive via email, referencing the charter, and got this response (presumably not personally from him). Make of it what you will.

Dear Will

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, the incidence of requests for replacement cards and duplicate tickets has been rising. There is a significant operational cost to the club of dealing with this and, in some cases, the system may even have been abused to transfer season tickets which, as you know, is a breach of our terms and conditions. The increase in our charges reflect the increasing problem and are therefore designed to ensure better care for cards, to act as a deterrent against misuse, and to ensure the club's costs are covered when we do have to replace.

I hope this note clarifies things for you. Thank you for your support for the club.

Regards, Paul

dean66

Mar 28, 2012
I agree with ac gull. £10 to print a ticket is a rip off. It's not always possible to hand over smart cards and get them back in time. All this rubbish chat about you shouldn't let a friend or family member have your ticket is very annoying. Some of us can't always get to every game. The club should be trying help supporters not charging ridiculous amounts of money. The attitude of the club and some NSC members is very disappointing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did we?

Nothing concrete, and the club will not publish the 2011/12 accounts until next March/April.

The club will have produced the management accounts for 2011/12, so someone knows if we broke even or not, but it will be information only available to the board I would imagine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I queried the point to our new chief executive via email, referencing the charter, and got this response (presumably not personally from him). Make of it what you will.

Dear Will

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, the incidence of requests for replacement cards and duplicate tickets has been rising. There is a significant operational cost to the club of dealing with this and, in some cases, the system may even have been abused to transfer season tickets which, as you know, is a breach of our terms and conditions. The increase in our charges reflect the increasing problem and are therefore designed to ensure better care for cards, to act as a deterrent against misuse, and to ensure the club's costs are covered when we do have to replace.

I hope this note clarifies things for you. Thank you for your support for the club.

Regards, Paul
As has been said by a few people on this thread, this was positively encouraged by some people at the presentations, so I for one am a little pissed off to see Mr C trotting out this line as if the club have been somehow wronged.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I agree with ac gull. £10 to print a ticket is a rip off. It's not always possible to hand over smart cards and get them back in time. All this rubbish chat about you shouldn't let a friend or family member have your ticket is very annoying. Some of us can't always get to every game. The club should be trying help supporters not charging ridiculous amounts of money. The attitude of the club and some NSC members is very disappointing.

Do you understand that a season ticket is non-transferable? That is, it only gives YOU the right of admittance, not someone else of your choosing?

Why then would you expect the club to facilitate the cheap transfer of that ticket to someone else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here